By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Pokemon Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

trasharmdsister12 said:
So now I've established 5 of my party rebuild for Black. I have...

Samurott - lvl 80 (Surf, Hydro Pump, Hyper Beam, Megahorn)
Hydreigon - lvl 71 (Fly, Strength, Dragon Claw, Hyper Beam)
Galvantula - lvl 67 (Cut, Thunderbolt, Bug Bite, Sucker Punch)
Chandelure - lvl 65 (Flamethrower, Hex, Overheat, SolarBeam)
Metagross - lvl 64 (Psychic, Meteor Mash, Giga Impact, can't remember off the top of my head)

Any suggestions for the final member? I've covered (in order) Water, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Bug, Fire, Ghost, Psychic and Steel types. I was thinking Piloswine/Mamoswine to get Ice and Ground in there.

How the heck did you get Dragon Claw on Hydreigon? It isn't learned by neither Deino, Zweilous nor Hydreigon and can't be taught via TM to neither of them. Did you mistook the move for Dragon Tail or Dragon Rush? 

Anyway, my advice (as someone who uses Hydreigon a lot..and that would be an understatement) is to swap Dragon Claw with Dragon Pulse. Not only would you take advantage of his best stat, Sp. Att, the attack power of the move is higher (90) and it's an overall more effective move against other Dragons. I would also suggest (albeit this would be extremely time consuming), to breed your Hydreigon to learn Dark Pulse, which on par with Draco Meteor are the most devastating weapons in Hydreigon's arsenal. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
Michael-5 said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

Metagross - lvl 64 (Psychic, Meteor Mash, Giga Impact, can't remember off the top of my head)

Any suggestions for the final member? I've covered (in order) Water, Dark, Dragon, Electric, Bug, Fire, Ghost, Psychic and Steel types. I was thinking Piloswine/Mamoswine to get Ice and Ground in there.

Landorous or Kyogre (Ice Dragon, I am miss spelling it) are probably the two best I can think of.

I notice you are lacking Fighting and Grass. Maybe Virizion? Or the other legendary dog, I believe he is Rock/Fighting. Name starts with a T.

I filled out that team with Kyurem (Ice Dragon). I caught it at lvl 75 so I didn't have to train it much to make it useful and I'd already spent a TON of time raising Metagross, Chandelure and Galvantula to mid-70 levels.

Yea, I know. My party's level is about 60, and I have no water pokemon. I have Victini, Reshiram, Kyurem, Virizion, Hydregion, and the steel/fighting legendary dog. Going to replace him or Virizion with Landaros when I catch him.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database
Vote for the March Most Wanted / February Results

trasharmdsister12 said:
lestatdark said:
trasharmdsister12 said:

How the heck did you get Dragon Claw on Hydreigon? It isn't learned by neither Deino, Zweilous nor Hydreigon and can't be taught via TM to neither of them. Did you mistook the move for Dragon Tail or Dragon Rush? 

Anyway, my advice (as someone who uses Hydreigon a lot..and that would be an understatement) is to swap Dragon Claw with Dragon Pulse. Not only would you take advantage of his best stat, Sp. Att, the attack power of the move is higher (90) and it's an overall more effective move against other Dragons. I would also suggest (albeit this would be extremely time consuming), to breed your Hydreigon to learn Dark Pulse, which on par with Draco Meteor are the most devastating weapons in Hydreigon's arsenal.

I was going off of memory at that time so I may have been wrong about exactly which move it was.

Let me bust out the stats fresh from the screen.

Hydreigon lvl 79: Fly, Dragon Rush, Hyper Voice, Strength
Chandelure lvl 76: Overheat, Flamethrower, SolarBeam, Hex
Metagross lvl 75: Shadow Ball, Meteor Mash, Psychic, Hyper Beam
Samurott lvl 83: Hyper Beam, Hydro Cannon, Surf, Megahorn
Kyurem lvl 76: Glaciate, Dragon Pulse, Imprison, Endeavor
Galvantula lvl 74: Thunderbold, Cut, Sucker Punch, Bug Buzz

You were correct about Dragon Rush. After I beat the game I started reading up how to best prep these Pokemon and I did come across those tips about Dark Pulse so I may check it out when I finally get through Kanto in Heart Gold. Thanks for the tips!

You're welcome Dragon Rush is a good move for any Dragon, though I find it a bit unaccurate for my taste (75% accuracy is a bit too low, especially when you get competitive), so I actually prefer to use Outrage or Dragon Pulse. 

I would strongly recommend you getting rid of those HM's as well, it's only hindering your best potential moveset for Hydreigon. For example, my moveset is as follows: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor. That makes it excedengly strong against anyone wishing to exploit it's weaknesses, plus Draco Meteor just obliterates all, given the very high Sp. Att stat it has at level 85 (320).

As for your other pokemon, you've seem to have a pretty balanced team, though my speciality is Dragon foremost (I haven't tried out Kyurem yet though, I use non-legendaries only) so I can only give you advice focused on that type primarely

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

trasharmdsister12 said:

estatdark said

You're welcome Dragon Rush is a good move for any Dragon, though I find it a bit unaccurate for my taste (75% accuracy is a bit too low, especially when you get competitive), so I actually prefer to use Outrage or Dragon Pulse. 

I would strongly recommend you getting rid of those HM's as well, it's only hindering your best potential moveset for Hydreigon. For example, my moveset is as follows: Flamethrower, Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor. That makes it excedengly strong against anyone wishing to exploit it's weaknesses, plus Draco Meteor just obliterates all, given the very high Sp. Att stat it has at level 85 (320).

As for your other pokemon, you've seem to have a pretty balanced team, though my speciality is Dragon foremost (I haven't tried out Kyurem yet though, I use non-legendaries only).

Yea I was going to do that as well. You read my mind . I mostly play for fun and collection as it gives me something to do in the lull times of the day (ie. before bed)

I tried to make my team balanced this go around... I usually go all water after I've totally beaten the game but truth be told, the water Pokemon in the last few gens haven't really impressed me. They don't even come close to living up to the classics like Lapras, Squirtle, Vaporean, and even Totodile. I have 6 Eevee so I might just go and attempt getting a bunch of different evolutions for that and make that my team for fun.

I've done the all Eevee team myself, it's pretty awesome indeed and it's a pretty competitive team to be honest. Glaceon, Flareon, Vaporeon, Leafeon, Espeon and Umbreon make for quite a team, though Jolteon gets the boot in this team, sadly.

And yes, the Water types of old were amazing xD. Lapras always had a spot on my team, even on Gen IV as well (my HeartGold team had one too). Not only was he a very sturdy pokemon that could take absorb amazing amounts of damage, he was also quite deadly with the combination of Hail + Blizzard XD.

Current PC Build

Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:
I still want heart gold (Soul silver) But they cost more then black which is serperior. I'm going in late as always.

Same here, I'm thinking about getting HeartGold soon. Maybe we can play a match since were both new to the game lol!

Maybe if I ever get Heartgold on time. MAybe on black/white

My Pokemon there are level 77-79

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
killeryoshis said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:
I still want heart gold (Soul silver) But they cost more then black which is serperior. I'm going in late as always.

Same here, I'm thinking about getting HeartGold soon. Maybe we can play a match since were both new to the game lol!

Mine are level 60-76. Maybe I could work on them and have a match with you in Black sometime. That would be cool.

What is with all the hate? Don't read GamrReview Articles. Contact me to ADD games to the Database

Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:

Mine are level 60-76. Maybe I could work on them and have a match with you in Black sometime. That would be cool.

You don't need to be at his pokemon's level to do a match with him, since you can choose a level cap like 50 or 100 and your and his pokemon will automatically be put at those levels, with corresponding stats (the game takes in account IV's and EV's when calculating the stats).

Current PC Build

lestatdark said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:

You don't need to be at his pokemon's level to do a match with him, since you can choose a level cap like 50 or 100 and your and his pokemon will automatically be put at those levels, with corresponding stats (the game takes in account IV's and EV's when calculating the stats).

Sick! KillerYoshi! Lets go man! whenever you are free send me a message!

Michael-5 said:
lestatdark said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:

Alright! I will do it right now if your online right now!
Friend Code  is 5071 3237 9936

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

killeryoshis said:
Michael-5 said:
lestatdark said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:
Michael-5 said:
killeryoshis said:

Alright! I will do it right now if your online right now!
Friend Code  is 5071 3237 9936

Okay sure, but lets reduce the levels to level 50.

dunno what my friend code is...