By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Pokemon Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

I only just booted up my Gameboy earlier today, I played a bit of Pokemon Gold, I definitely had a great team.

My team was:

Mew
Vaporeon
Flareon
Jolteon
Espeon
Umbreon

They were all level 99 and had different elemental strengths and weaknesses, because they were considered "normal" type they didn't have any other weaknesses either.

Good times, I don't know how the hell I got Mew though.

Around the Network
trasharmdsister12 said:
brendude13 said:
I only just booted up my Gameboy earlier today, I played a bit of Pokemon Gold, I definitely had a great team.

My team was:

Mew
Vaporeon
Flareon
Jolteon
Espeon
Umbreon

They were all level 99 and had different elemental strengths and weaknesses, because they were considered "normal" type they didn't have any other weaknesses either.

Good times, I don't know how the hell I got Mew though.

Funny coincidence! I bred 5 Eevee in my Heart Gold game today (and am keeping my original 6th as Eevee) and was planning on getting all the evolutions available (the ones you've listed above).

Heh heh, I kept an original Eevee too, and I found that to be one of the funnest parts of Pokemon, creating all the evolutions of Eevee, Espeon and Umbreon confused the hell out of me though.

It sucks because in the original, you can only buy one fire stone, one water stone etc. (though there are ways around it)

Is it different in Heart Gold? I would have played Heart Gold and found out for myself but I haven't got a DS and I've only just realised how much I miss Pokemon.

Snivy is the best pokemon

My team in black

Serperior
Dragonite
Metalgross
Laturn
Rampardos
Houndoom

I want to get lavitar and natu but I already have too many joto pokemon. Might too it anyway but I need a natu

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

trasharmdsister12 said:
killeryoshis said:
Snivy is the best pokemon

My team in black

Serperior
Dragonite
Metalgross
Laturn
Rampardos
Houndoom

I want to get lavitar and natu but I already have too many joto pokemon. Might too it anyway but I need a natu

What's your take on my Hydreigon/Dragonite issue (see OP)?

I was going to put Hygreigon in my team but the elite 4 easily beat it as the champion and 2 others easily beat it.

Though Dragonite is good its really only good for having a lack of weekness.(only dragon and ice. Though ice is instant kill)  Hygreigon  is good as a dark type since its can counter bug types and has a high special attack. It all depends on which type you need/want. If you want flying type dragon go for dragonite  and if you want a dark type get Hydreigon. They are both good really.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

trasharmdsister12 said:
brendude13 said:

Heh heh, I kept an original Eevee too, and I found that to be one of the funnest parts of Pokemon, creating all the evolutions of Eevee, Espeon and Umbreon confused the hell out of me though.

It sucks because in the original, you can only buy one fire stone, one water stone etc. (though there are ways around it)

Is it different in Heart Gold? I would have played Heart Gold and found out for myself but I haven't got a DS and I've only just realised how much I miss Pokemon.

In HeartGold (AFAIK... I'm still not done it and I haven't played it for all that long) you can't buy the stones. To be fair I've only been looking for a thunderstone (I wanted a Joltean to actually use in my party) but you can't buy them anywhere and I don't recall seeing the other stones anywhere either. I guess you just get them from trainers who call you up when they find something.

You should really get a DS if you're missing Pokemon. Pokemon Black is excellent! It's my favourite Pokemon game since Blue.

Keep an eye on the Pokeathlon prize exchange, you can purchase the stones there with the points you earn.

Around the Network

My final team (compiled with advice and help from our dearly departed Smeags) for White ran thus;

Emboar
Krookodile
Swanna
Zekrom
Celebi
Weavile

Each one was at level... 80 i think. I forget exactly, but together they made short work of Alder and Cynthia. I was quite impressed with the team overall, since it covered so many bases (you've got elemental affinities of Fire, Fighting, Ground, Dark, Water, Flying, Dragon, Electric, Grass, Psychic, and Ice, with Dark being the only overlap). Should perhaps have built it up to level 100, but that was too daunting a task with too pointless a reward

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

trasharmdsister12 said:
brendude13 said:

In HeartGold (AFAIK... I'm still not done it and I haven't played it for all that long) you can't buy the stones. To be fair I've only been looking for a thunderstone (I wanted a Joltean to actually use in my party) but you can't buy them anywhere and I don't recall seeing the other stones anywhere either. I guess you just get them from trainers who call you up when they find something.

You should really get a DS if you're missing Pokemon. Pokemon Black is excellent! It's my favourite Pokemon game since Blue.

I remember in the city where you battle Misty, in the Kanto region, if you go north over a bridge in the forest and then go right there is a researcher who will give you elemental stones (one of each only). I thought they would have carried that over into Heart Gold / Soul Silver.

And I wanted to get an original DS so I can play the GBA Pokemon games too, but after seeing the recent 3DS deals (some as low as £130), I might have to go for the DS Pokemon games only.

trasharmdsister12 said:

brendude13 said:

I remember in the city where you battle Misty, in the Kanto region, if you go north over a bridge in the forest and then go right there is a researcher who will give you elemental stones (one of each only). I thought they would have carried that over into Heart Gold / Soul Silver.

And I wanted to get an original DS so I can play the GBA Pokemon games too, but after seeing the recent 3DS deals (some as low as £130), I might have to go for the DS Pokemon games only.

Well that would explain why I haven't seen any yet. I'm still in the Johto region. I haven't beat the Elite 4 yet. I just got the 8th badge though so I'll get there soon enough. Right now I'm just spending time rebuilding my Black team and catching the legendaries. Only 3 more legendaries to go!

@Saruk

Thanks for the tip! I'll definitely keep an eye on that.

Ahh, you're still in Johto.

Finding Kanto is one my favourite and one of the most surprising parts in any video game I have played.

I don't know if you played the original Gold / Silver though, I hope it's still just as shocking in the remake :D

I have the 3D Pokedex for the 3DS. My favorite Pokem......I'll just show myself out.

trasharmdsister12 said:
brendude13 said:

Ahh, you're still in Johto.

Finding Kanto is one my favourite and one of the most surprising parts in any video game I have played.

I don't know if you played the original Gold / Silver though, I hope it's still just as shocking in the remake :D

You haven't spoiled anything I did play the original Gold so I knew it was coming and I thought it was incredible way back then.

It was just so out of the blue, and the passage was in your home town, you just didn't realise.