By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz Pokemon Discussion Thread

Tagged games:

Sorry about the 30 minute wait. Ready now.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Around the Network

Good match Smoked

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Stupid broken Garchomp.

Pixel Art can be fun.

SmokedHostage said:
Stupid broken Garchomp.

Well, 252 EV's on Speed and 200 on Attack would do that to you That and an Adamant nature as well xD.

I've could have gone out with my Haxorus, but the result would be pretty much the same (or not, probably Conkeldurr wouldn't survive a single Outrage, my Haxorus has 380 Attack).

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Well, if it's alright by Smoked, I could give a resume of our fight.

Current PC Build

Around the Network
lestatdark said:
Well, if it's alright by Smoked, I could give a resume of our fight.

It's fine by me.  Not particularly proud of that battle though.

Pixel Art can be fun.

Well, the total number of turns in the battle were 14, so this is how it went down:

Smoked went with Serperior and I went with Garchomp. His first move was Leech Seed and mine was Swords Dance, which boosted Garchomp's attack stat by 3 levels, and Garchomp felt the first effect of Leech Seed. Serperior then used Coil to boost his stats, but I started the Outrage onslaught.

Serperior was the first to fall, OHKO. He then went with Lucario, being a Steel type, Dragon moves are not very effective, but it was to no avail since Outrage was again OHKO, though Garchomp got confused from this Outrage. Haxorus was next, and even with the confusion, Garchomp was able to pull out another Outrage. Simipour came next and suffered the same fate.

Four of Smoked pokemon were down, and he went with Conkeldurr as his fifth. At this moment, it was all a matter of my Garchomp being able to overcome it's confusion. Unfortunately this was not the case, and my next Outrage hit Garchomp and made him lose 80 HP, coupled with the Leech Seed effect. This happened twice in a row, all the while Smoked boosted Conkeldurr with Bulk Up twice, boosting it's defense by two levels.
By the time Garchomp snapped out of confusion, Outrage wasn't enough to OHKO Conkeldurr, and with only 47 HP left, it was easy prey for an Hammer Arm.

My second pokemon was Salamence and immediately I used Fly and that was all for Conkeldurr. Darmanitan was his last pokemon, so I went with the Fly routine again. It was not enough to OHKO Darmanitan though, so I got cocky (a mistake I won't do again) and used Dragon Dance (I was planning to Dragon Claw as my last move instead of another fly) and he used Flare Blitz, which was boosted by a Fire Gem and was enough to kill Salamence.

Lastly, I pulled out Kingdra and a single Scald was all that took to down a very weakened Darmanitan, and that was the end of the battle.

Current PC Build

I'm not facing lestatdark

his team scars the crap out of me

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

trasharmdsister12 said:
lestatdark said:

Is it sad I actually played out that battle in my head with all the animations and such?

Nah, I usually do the same when I'm told of how a battle went down xD.

Current PC Build