By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo dates Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7 for NA

sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
sept: star fox
oct: pokemon (not a true pokemon....but pokemon nonetheless)
nov: Flagship Mario game
dec: 20m selling gokart franchise

I really see no way of vita winning now. The Head start, the price gap, and IPs that sony wishes they have come years end.

Because that really affected the outcome of the ten years before the Wii came out.

And as for the desperation price cut and the head start...let's see what happens before we doom a console a half year from release.

ur refering to the era where sony was #1.....which was attributed to their own head start and most 3rd parties willing to make exclusives for it. 

I am refering to this gen.......where Sony must rely on their own IPs and not the 3rd pary industry anymore.

Suffice to say.........no Sony owned IP can touch Mario/Mario Kart sales. 

My point remains untouched

Um, why can't Sony rely on thirdy partys when they get total support and Wii gets none?  But of course, making definitive statements about future events is always the way to go.

Because making educated estimates based on history of the industry and sales performance of past titles to use as a basis is clearly ludicrous.....I mean its not like people in todays global market dont do similar things right?

I see what you did and right back atcha. Nice job downplaying a opinion (to repeat....its an opinion) regardless of the likelihood put into it. 

This gen has had a lot of firsts.  You're not predicting, you're saying outright Sony has no chance.  Which is silly.  Nintendo has always had those games, and they haven't always worked.  And remember, this "price advantage" is a desperation cut that reduced their profit prediction 82% and caused their market value to plummet by about half.

Around the Network

Don't count the Vita out just yet;Nintendo has screwed up royally in the past 18 months.

Super Mario Land 3D is trying to force a mixture of traditional 2D & 3D mario elements into one game, and that could end up underwhelming like Super Paper Mario.

Mario Kart 3 weeks before Christmas is the real good news here.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:

I really see no way of vita winning now. The Head start, the price gap, and IPs that sony wishes they have come years end.

Because that really affected the outcome of the ten years before the Wii came out.

And as for the desperation price cut and the head start...let's see what happens before we doom a console a half year from release.

ur refering to the era where sony was #1.....which was attributed to their own head start and most 3rd parties willing to make exclusives for it. 

I am refering to this gen.......where Sony must rely on their own IPs and not the 3rd pary industry anymore.

Um, why can't Sony rely on thirdy partys when they get total support and Wii gets none?  But of course, making definitive statements about future events is always the way to go.

Because making educated estimates based on history of the industry and sales performance of past titles to use as a basis is clearly ludicrous.....I mean its not like people in todays global market dont do similar things right?

I see what you did and right back atcha. Nice job downplaying a opinion (to repeat....its an opinion) regardless of the likelihood put into it. 

This gen has had a lot of firsts.  You're not predicting, you're saying outright Sony has no chance.  Which is silly.  Nintendo has always had those games, and they haven't always worked.  And remember, this "price advantage" is a desperation cut that reduced their profit prediction 82% and caused their market value to plummet by about half.

Im basing my claim on a few factors.

-Nintendo constant dominance in dedicated games handheld market

- Headstarts are VERY difficult to catch up to

- Desperation cut or not, its still before the main competition even comes out. The price advantage will matter this holiday, it always does. 

- a Mario 64 esque title and a Mario Kart title.....a 5m and 20m plus selling franchise respectively. These are massive system sellers. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles. 

pezus said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:

A good Call of Duty on the Vita should be enough to "save" it. Not to mention that Capcom will ensure great sales in Japan with Monster Hunter. 

Portable gaming does not favour the same kinds of game that console gaming does, and a game like Angry Birds is about 100 times more important than a Call of Duty game ... Part of the reason the original PSP struggled was because it was a portable home console, and I wonder if it wasn't hacked and couldn't play SNES emulators how bady it would have sold.

sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:

- Desperation cut or not, its still before the main competition even comes out. The price advantage will matter this holiday, it always does. 

- a Mario 64 esque title and a Mario Kart title.....a 5m and 20m plus selling franchise respectively. These are massive system sellers. 

-PSP was the first handheld to ever offer a challenge to that dominance, and Vita looks to build on it.  Sony couldn't have hoped for a better outcome in the 3DS launch.  And they've never had an opponent this tough, rich and determined. 

-Headstarts are tough, but it has happened. 

-It remains to be seen how effective this cut will be.  3DS will do well, but only time will tell how well.  We should have a good idea in a few weeks. 

-I'm curious to see how long it takes for 3DS to get its Nintendogs or Brain Age.  Until something like that happens, I'd say Vita has a damn good shot.  And I don't mean Mario, I mean something new that causes interest.

I guess we'll know soon enough.

Around the Network

Should be similar to Release dates that will be given to EU as well, I know that Skyward sword will be coming November pretty much, if it comes in December I'll be a bit surprised.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

pezus said:
HappySqurriel said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:

A good Call of Duty on the Vita should be enough to "save" it. Not to mention that Capcom will ensure great sales in Japan with Monster Hunter. 

Portable gaming does not favour the same kinds of game that console gaming does, and a game like Angry Birds is about 100 times more important than a Call of Duty game ... Part of the reason the original PSP struggled was because it was a portable home console, and I wonder if it wasn't hacked and couldn't play SNES emulators how bady it would have sold.

Not many people buy a smartphone just to play angry birds...they buy angry birds because they have a smartphone. 

No portable has had dual analog sticks before so that'd work very well with FPS games

It may work well, but that doesn't mean it will make the game as important as a portable game as it is a console game ...

I hated that Pokemon game on Wii so ill probably hate it for 3ds. Mario 3d damn you for coming in Nov, i have prior arrangements, hope you do well. Mario Kart. Alright, you'll be fine

NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:

-PSP was the first handheld to ever offer a challenge to that dominance, and Vita looks to build on it.  Sony couldn't have hoped for a better outcome in the 3DS launch.  And they've never had an opponent this tough, rich and determined. 

-It remains to be seen how effective this cut will be.  3DS will do well, but only time will tell how well.  We should have a good idea in a few weeks. 

-I'm curious to see how long it takes for 3DS to get its Nintendogs or Brain Age.  Until something like that happens, I'd say Vita has a damn good shot.  And I don't mean Mario, I mean something new that causes interest.

They have nintendogs and its pretty meh IMHO

NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:

I just googled the Vita release date.....seems Europe and NA are getting it in 2012.

I now have 0 doubt that Vita will ever catch up. 3DS now has open season in NA and Europe during the biggest shopping season of the year with Mario 3D and Mario Kart leading the charge.

A free holiday season in not one but 2 major gaming continents is just something Sony cant compete with. 

Xbox: Best hardware, Game Pass best value, best BC, more 1st party genres and multiplayer titles.