By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo dates Super Mario Land 3D and Mario Kart 7 for NA

Sorry  third-party developers (although I want Tales of the Abyss to sell well) , you had your chance and you didn't take advantage of it. I hope these Nintendo titles will set the charts on fire.

What can we expect (sales-wise) from a main 3D portable Super Mario title?

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
pezus said:
sales2099 said:
NYANKS said:
sales2099 said:
sept: star fox
oct: pokemon (not a true pokemon....but pokemon nonetheless)
nov: Flagship Mario game
dec: 20m selling gokart franchise

I really see no way of vita winning now. The Head start, the price gap, and IPs that sony wishes they have come years end.

Because that really affected the outcome of the ten years before the Wii came out.

And as for the desperation price cut and the head start...let's see what happens before we doom a console a half year from release.

ur refering to the era where sony was #1.....which was attributed to their own head start and most 3rd parties willing to make exclusives for it. 

I am refering to this gen.......where Sony must rely on their own IPs and not the 3rd pary industry anymore.

Suffice to say.........no Sony owned IP can touch Mario/Mario Kart sales. 

My point remains untouched

A good Call of Duty on the Vita should be enough to "save" it. Not to mention that Capcom will ensure great sales in Japan with Monster Hunter. 

Portable gaming does not favour the same kinds of game that console gaming does, and a game like Angry Birds is about 100 times more important than a Call of Duty game ... Part of the reason the original PSP struggled was because it was a portable home console, and I wonder if it wasn't hacked and couldn't play SNES emulators how bady it would have sold.

Dual Analogue CoD with fully functional online play on the go and graphics that piss on the competitors product... Yeah, you thought that through.

''Part of the reason the original PSP struggled ''

Oh come on. PSP was definitely a success.

Galaki said:
People need to stop comparing $1 game to $40 game, when it comes to counting units sold.

People won't 'cause people are dumb.

I think online FPS might make the Vita insanely successful.

(and the only FPS I play online is Resistance 2, so I'm not even really a fan)

Wow that is an extremely strong lineup from Nintendo.

Anyone know whatever happened to kid icarus uprising? Needless to say, thats also a pretty big title for the fans.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
Dr.Grass said:
HappySqurriel said:

Portable gaming does not favour the same kinds of game that console gaming does, and a game like Angry Birds is about 100 times more important than a Call of Duty game ... Part of the reason the original PSP struggled was because it was a portable home console, and I wonder if it wasn't hacked and couldn't play SNES emulators how bady it would have sold.

Dual Analogue CoD with fully functional online play on the go and graphics that piss on the competitors product... Yeah, you thought that through.

''Part of the reason the original PSP struggled ''

Oh come on. PSP was definitely a success.

...and you didn't read past the emphasized part of his post.

How many people will choose to play CoD on the PSV instead of on their PS3 or 360? Handhelds are played quite a lot at home and thus the PSV, just like the PSP, is basically competing against home consoles. Why settle for an itty bitty tiny screen when you can have a better version of the game? When the PSP came out it had a Grand Theft Auto game to look forward to. The biggest game to ever grace a PlayStation system at that time. Nowadays CoD is the biggest third party IP, but fundamentally nothing has changed.

The only people that will find the idea of CoD on a handheld appealing are those who really play a lot outside of their homes, but we already know from the PSP that this aren't that many people. Sales of PSP versions of PS2 games were always way behind their home console counterparts (this even goes for original PSP games compared to their home console brothers) and nobody should expect it to be any different for the PSV. Dual analog sticks or not, people won't settle for an inferior experience (which the PSV is compared to current HD consoles).

I would also like to point out that people favour different gameplay experiences "on the go" than they do at home ...

Even when I was in University and many of my classmates would have (pretty decent) laptops and free access to the internet, when you saw people play videogames in a public place they were (more often) the kinds of games you can play in 5 to 20 minute bursts than the kinds of games people play for hours on end. If I was to estimate it, I would say that for every time I saw someone play a FPS in public I would see dozens of people playing flash games from some website.

What Call of Duty game are yall talkin bout?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Now maybe the jackasses [the media, press etc] that have been badmouthing nintendo will finaly get whats comming to them. This is going to be one of the best holidays sales for nintendo; they absolutely need it to bring the 3DS back on top.