By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo Of America watching Xenoblade's Euro sales

http://www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk/29412/nintendo-of-america-watching-xenoblades-european-sales/

For months now American gamers have been hassling Nintendo to release Xenoblade Chronicles in the good ol' US of States, and now Reggie Fils-Aime has given them hope - but it depends on Europe.

In an interview with IGN, the Nintendo Of America president said that if Xenoblade sells well in Europe they might bring it to North America.

"We will be watching very closely what happens in Europe," Reggie said. "Certainly if there are business opportunities and positive consumer uptake from some of those titles, that will be great data for us to consider as we look at what to do with these titles."

In other words, if Xenoblade sells a ton over here it might prove to Nintendo Of America that western gamers like it. If it doesn't sell well here though, NOA may say "meh" and pass on it. In short, if you don't buy Xenoblade Chronicles you are directly making President Barack Obama cry. You monster.

Of course, us Brits don't have to worry about that because Xenoblade Chronicles will be hurtling itself onto our shop shelves with gusto on 19 August, only nine days' time. Doesn't it make you proud to be British? Gawd bless you, ma'am, etc.

so it better sell good here!

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

Around the Network

They did the same thing with Disaster:DoC, and we know how that ended up.

So Americans, if you want this game, import it or forever wait.

@Twitter | Switch | Steam

You say tomato, I say tomato 

"¡Viva la Ñ!"

Ha! I'm gonna screw you Americans by buying it December...

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

I wouldn't hold out much hope of it doing well over here, sorry America.

VGChartz

This seals it for me - I will be importing it (after homebrewing my Wii). Not because "Reggie is watching", I couldn't care less about that, but because this confirms it to me that the game is not right now in some hush hush surprise plan for Q4 by Nintendo, and won't be arriving to NA, or if it will, it won't be anytime soon...

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:

Lol! and the next big budget movie that comes out over here we will all just wait till it comes on DVD before we go watch it. But hey you guys have Attack the Block..... On a serious note I just hope the same thig that happened to The Last Story , does not happen with Xenoblade. It sold really well the first week, then it was slammed the second week in Japan! At least give it Monster Hunter Numbers people.

What do you mean by "the same thig that happened to The Last Story , does not happen with Xenoblade" ? Both Xenoblade and Last Story have been published in Japan and no where else yet (?)

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

That confirms it will never reach America. Sales are gonna be way too low for that.

What would it need to sell to be "ok" for America? 500k?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Too bad. Even if they release it here in the US i'm not buying it anyways. I'll have my copy from PAL. Don't really care what Reggie or his jack ass division does or wants.

RolStoppable said:
Nintendo of America has now officially become a third party publisher. Pulling the "test game" garbage is despicable.

NoA sure try very hard to displease its fans.

Suddenly, modding the Wii sounds a lot more appealing.

Nintendo of America does everything to make their customers very angry.

Luckily I get Xenoblade in nine days