By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Birmingham riots (Updates will follow)

Some people don't know what IF means. And some people don't like asians such as the EDL so there is a possibility of Muslims or asians being blamed.

It is more than likely the Muslims will NOT be blamed. I agree with you...I think they WILL NOT be blamed. This is why I used the word IF.

I must have been in a bad mood when I wrote that so I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to start a war and I don't know why I wrote what I did... And sorry for the use of swear words...

Take care and chat soon.

Bye for now :)

BTW Chris is my real life friend and I'm a Muslim, he is not. I'm not white, he is. This shows I'm not racist and I'm not against black or white people....

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Around the Network
libellule said:
chris.m95 said:
Update: sirens goin off in distance i think its more a precaution than any trouble. The riots seem to be calming down but the shops are all still boarded up just to be on the safe side. Hopefully it is all over and we can resume normal life.

@chris,

well, about the "it is not about black people"

you are "partially" right :

- not all rioters were black OK
- there are also a lot of white people participating at those riots OK

but you can't deny :

- the racist message transmited on the BBM : "attack white, do not touch our black brother"
 "Everyone from all sides of London meet up at the heart of London (central) OXFORD CIRCUS!!, Bare SHOPS are gonna get smashed up so come get some (free stuff!!!) fuck the feds we will send them back with OUR riot! >:O Dead the ends and colour war for now so if you see a brother... SALUT! if you see a fed... SHOOT!"
Perhaps, I m wrong but it looked clear to me
- the white people getting undressed (even it is hard to know if they were undressed because this was a white vs black humiliation)

one message from one person doesnt represent a community

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Ferrari_7861 said:
Some people don't know what IF means. And some people don't like asians such as the EDL so there is a possibility of Muslims or asians being blamed.

It is more than likely the Muslims will NOT be blamed. I agree with you...I think they WILL NOT be blamed. This is why I used the word IF.

I must have been in a bad mood when I wrote that so I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to start a war and I don't know why I wrote what I did... And sorry for the use of swear words...

Take care and chat soon.

BTW Chris is my real life friend and I'm a Muslim, he is not. I'm not white, he is. This shows I'm not racist and I'm not against black or white people....

Stop using me as a way out :P

Nah.. i can vouch for this guy. hes defo not a racist but is a bit of a freshy :P

BTW: u didnt mention ur black friends. does this scientifically prove your racism??? :P

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Ferrari_7861 said:

Take care and chat soon.

Bottom line is, the probability of "if" they blamed Muslims is so small you had no right to mention it.

People from the UK treat Muslims with respect and they rarely ever receive prejudice, so of course it would piss me off when you pretend you are being victimised.

I don't care if you said "if", that's like me saying what "if" every Muslim supports terrorism and hates the Western world. Even if I said "if" I had no right to bring it up because the probability is so small and what I said is off topic, so you would be pissed off wouldn't you?

brendude13 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:

Take care and chat soon.

Bottom line is, the probability of "if" they blamed Muslims is so small you had no right to mention it.

People from the UK treat Muslims with respect and they rarely ever receive prejudice, so of course it would piss me off when you pretend you are being victimised.

I don't care if you said "if", that's like me saying what "if" every Muslim supports terrorism and hates the Western world. Even if I said "if" I had no right to bring it up because the probability is so small and what I said is off topic, so you would be pissed off wouldn't you?

Please dont argue on this thread it isnt supposed to be a "racist" thread. The purpose of this thread was to keep people e.g people who live in london, forigners etc informed on what was happening in birmingham not to blame racial communitys for the violence. Can we just accept that mistakes were made and people react in different ways to these things so lets not start arguements please.

PSN addy - mrx95

Around the Network

Update: been queit the last few nights. As soon as communities, the EDL (who i do not support) etc started to bring the fight to the rioters the scampered off to their little council flats. These people are cowards and should have been taking a beating from the community for what they had done! The fact that they went into hiding after people could do things eg the use of water cannons, rubber bullets and people from the community who could act outside of police regulation (basically beat the shit into these people) they turned and ran. Its good to see so many people caught and that they are bieng evicted from their council houses!

Can i personally congratulate the police, community and all those who opposed the riots wether it was taking on the rioters themselves or helping with clean up operations. Well done to all those involved this is the true brit grit we refer to in times gone by and a living example that it still lives on in us!

For those people out there who like a good joke i recieved this one today. "apparently the police in london are using water cannons tonight, with a hint of persil to stop the colours running!" Its ok and im sure many more like this will follow in the next few nights.

PSN addy - mrx95

chris.m95 said:

Please dont argue on this thread it isnt supposed to be a "racist" thread. The purpose of this thread was to keep people e.g people who live in london, forigners etc informed on what was happening in birmingham not to blame racial communitys for the violence. Can we just accept that mistakes were made and people react in different ways to these things so lets not start arguements please.

I just don't like his attitude.

He pretends Muslims are being victimised as if he wants them to be.

He complains about racism, then makes the british media AND people look racist, and then he dumps the blame of the riots on black people.

He takes the tiniest detail, like the fact that the three men who were killed were Muslims, and for some ridiculous reason comes to the conclusion that Muslims are the targets of the riots.

Maybe he should watch what he says in future, and stop complaining about racial tension that doesn't even exist. He seems apologetic enough, so I'll drop it.

Rath said:
I love how some people think the rioting would be better if everyone had guns. Do you know who that would mean also have guns? The rioters.

If the rioters had guns they wouldn't riot...

because they'd get shot.

Or if they did riot they CERTAINTLY wouldn't bring their guns with them.

Anyone who has any sense knows to not bring a gun with you on a crime... unless it's a crime where you expect to shoot people.

crissindahouse said:
leatherhat said:
chris.m95 said:
This is england we have no guns plus my parent arent letting us out i miss work 2morrow :(

Update: motorways, and other transport links to city centre blocked only one train operational

Clearly gun control works, people can't even defend their cities and homes. 

oh yeah a country with a gun or two in every houshold like in the states is so much better. let's look how many people in the states die with a gun...oh yeah a much better system but hey they can defend their cities and homes lol.

i won't know how many housholdrs die every year because they have a gun and try to shoot the burglar who has a gun as well and win the wild west story.

i have no gun what will i do if their will be someone in my hosue? i will let him steal all and will get my financial damage balanced by the insurance.

Like... nearly zero based on most studies.  Number of crimes prevented though... quite a few.  Well unless your that study that considers a prevented crime only when your shot at or stabbed first. (Which isn't really prevented but hey, people come up with weird statistical criteria when they have motives.)

See you've got to think intellegently about robberies for a second.  Something like 80% of robberies are committed by people who know you.  So most people who are going to rob you... are going to know whether you own a gun or not.  So... probably going to not want to take the risk that your home the night they plan to break in.

Kasz216 said:
Rath said:
I love how some people think the rioting would be better if everyone had guns. Do you know who that would mean also have guns? The rioters.

If the rioters had guns they wouldn't riot...

because they'd get shot.

Or if they did riot they CERTAINTLY wouldn't bring their guns with them.

Anyone who has any sense knows to not bring a gun with you on a crime... unless it's a crime where you expect to shoot people.

In previous riots such as the 1992 Los Angeles riots there were incidents of gun battles.