By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Birmingham riots (Updates will follow)

The 3 men killed were Muslims.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Around the Network
Ferrari_7861 said:

The attack was not targeted at islam as the driver went into a crowd of 30-40 people and therefore could of hit anyone.

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Rath said:
I love how some people think the rioting would be better if everyone had guns. Do you know who that would mean also have guns? The rioters.

Not neccessarly. i hear most of rioters were teenage boys in late teens. as for guns, their main purpose is to protect people     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmsKGhLdZuQ&feature=player_embedded     

So its nearing 5 O'Clock now in England and the sound of sirens are off in the distance (i am on the outskirts of Birmingham city centre) as i was typing a fire ngine goes by. Not looking like a promising night :(

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Player1x3 said:
Rath said:
I love how some people think the rioting would be better if everyone had guns. Do you know who that would mean also have guns? The rioters.

Not neccessarly. i hear most of rioters were teenage boys in late teens. as for guns, their main purpose is to protect people     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmsKGhLdZuQ&feature=player_embedded     

Havent watched the video but i can confirm that most are youths in their teens some as young as 7 but it is easier to get guns than you think in England. I know for instance in Liverpool you can buy a handgun for just £10 although ammo costs £20 per round

PSN addy - mrx95

Around the Network
chris.m95 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:

The attack was not targeted at islam as the driver went into a crowd of 30-40 people and therefore could of hit anyone.

It was an area populated mainly by Muslins I believe so in all probability whoever he hit in the crowd he'd have hit Muslins.  Really horrible for the guys and their families and it raises the all too likly prospect of another offshot to the mayhem with the Mulsin community in Birmingham looking for revenge for the incident on top of everything else going on.

I doubt it was a race attack but it's going to be percieved as such probably by the local community and its perception and response that matters in these incidents in the initial heat of the moment.

Hopefully the Muslim community will see this for what it is and keep things controlled.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Update: Things here seem to winding down but you can never find out as no-one ever reports on Birmingham as its all about London.

The one of the fathers of the murdered people in Birmingham is urging people to stay calm and out of harms way instead of asking for revenge.

PSN addy - mrx95

Update: ballistic rounds are now available to the police and no charges will be made against them

The government encourages self defense and defense of property although it say civilians should not go looking for trouble but aid each other and the police in the protection of the community lots of Facebook groups going up and i myself have been invited to these events

PSN addy - mrx95

hum ...

I hope this will make people understand their "multiculti" is bullshit and that mass immigration is an important part of mondialisation/globalisation, fighting one means fighting the otherone

those rioters are the ultimate form of consummerism : "we can't buy it so let's get xbox360 by ourself for free !"

also, how it is funny to see that those rioters are not burning The City while this is mainly because of those "bankers" that they (we) are in the shit !

Time to Work !

I think what started out as an attack on society has now descended into a full scale riot for kicks and loot. There are criminal elements involved and the only people these rioters are harming are not the rich and wealthy bankers that have cost the country over a trillion pounds but their own communities.