By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Birmingham riots (Updates will follow)

Update: I can now confirm that a police station in handworth was burnt down last night
The bulls head was not cut off anyway its not as if they could pawn it :P
Residential areas have been targeted as well now
The Government Cobra meeting is taking place right now hopefully they will allow the use of water cannons on these idiots although Teresa May (sorry if i mispelt) say she is against the idea and the use of the army is too rash. Apparently it is all "Under control" If it is so unsafe my parents wont let me work (my work is in town) then it is deffinately out of hand.

Wait... does this mean im not human?

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

Around the Network
leatherhat said:
Get a gun and have some fun

Its England were too civilised :P to be honest i really want to just go and help the police and beat the living sh** into them dumbasses. I dont think guns would work as by now it would just caus more anger and the mob would start to arm themselves and i think it would get to the point where the army would need to come in. I am definately for the use of water cannons and my mom thought we should turn a flamethrower on them

PSN addy - mrx95

A good head and a good heart are always a formidable combination. - Nelson Mandela

A radical is a man with his feet planted firmly in the air. - Franklin.D.Roosevelt

chris.m95 said:

Its England were too civilised :P to be honest i really want to just go and help the police and beat the living sh** into them dumbasses. I dont think guns would work as by now it would just caus more anger and the mob would start to arm themselves and i think it would get to the point where the army would need to come in. I am definately for the use of water cannons and my mom thought we should turn a flamethrower on them

Easiest way to sort it is to remove laws against Police getting repercussions for attacking these people outright. This is an extreme case, it's not just police presence during a protest, the police need to be able to do something. These people are destroying lives, harming people and they obviously don't care, so why should we care about them? Remove the laws that are restricting police from taking the correct course of action.

Hmm, pie.

The Fury said:
chris.m95 said:

Easiest way to sort it is to remove laws against Police getting repercussions for attacking these people outright. This is an extreme case, it's not just police presence during a protest, the police need to be able to do something. These people are destroying lives, harming people and they obviously don't care, so why should we care about them? Remove the laws that are restricting police from taking the correct course of action.

I agree over the last few decades the ability for the police to act on riots has been seriously limited, with officers too scared to take action on fear of been pulled in front of a judy and put in prison or to a lesser extent loose there job it seems we train these people how to deal with the problems only to send them out on the streets to watch London burn! something serious needs to happen to the police force country wide or these kinds of situations will continue with similar results truely saddening

chris.m95 said:
leatherhat said:
Get a gun and have some fun

Its England were too civilised :
P to be honest i really want to just go and help the police and beat the living sh** into them dumbasses. I dont think guns would work as by now it would just caus more anger and the mob would start to arm themselves and i think it would get to the point where the army would need to come in. I am definately for the use of water cannons and my mom thought we should turn a flamethrower on them

oh yea as shown by these rioters.

Around the Network

Looking around, the media blew it way out of proportion. I walked around Birmingham city centre this morning and only four or five shops have been broken into, and shattered windows didn't seem too frequent. Even Gamestation wasn't broken into and that would be a prime target. Primark hasn't been burned down and the bull's head is still there as it always has been.

It looks like it was primarily phone shops, including CEX, which is ironically probably where half the nicked hones (if they got any) will probably end up. Jessops was trashed. That was it really though. I don't think that much happened, most of the rumours were pure nonsense.

I live in Birmingham....Do you think there is more to come?

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

PSN ID: Ferrari_1996

Ferrari_7861 said:
I live in Birmingham....Do you think there is more to come?

Yes if the police keep up this way

PSN addy - mrx95

Update: The government have recalled parliament for Thursday in order to resume the on going debate on the riots. unfortunately nothing has changed apart from the amount of police bieng pulled in to affected areas and annual leave canceled for all police untill the riots die down. Were all holding our breath for tonight when the riots are likely to resume.

PSN addy - mrx95

chris.m95 said:
Update: The government have recalled parliament for Thursday in order to resume the on going debate on the riots. unfortunately nothing has changed apart from the amount of police bieng pulled in to affected areas and annual leave canceled for all police untill the riots die down. Were all holding our breath for tonight when the riots are likely to resume.

the ef? they are 'arguing' on what to do? 0_o I don't get it...why? are all members of parliment in uk are worried about losing votes if they take a stand or something? I find it silly that this has gotten to the point it has now

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!