By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Which would you choose? Not eat for 10 days? Not play any game for 1 year?

What would you choose if you were made to do either of these?

Not Eat for 10 days. (Food is over rated!) 59 45.04%

Not play any Game for 1 y... 72 54.96%

Total:131

Sorry that I have to disappoint you but 4 days without liquids will kill you or atleast take you to the verge of dying. Please google (how long can you survive without water). Your dry fasting technique is a dangerous one and just stupid from a physiological view as its contradicting its own purpose. I doubt people are able to not drink for 4 days since they JUST CANT. Its EXACTLY the same as not breathing for 15 minutes. Please try it for yourself. If you failed there you can try not drinking for 4 days.

Its not that I dont know what I am talking about when it comes to medicine. And in the Internet you will find a lot of trash backing up anything I could you explain how stupid it is to not drink for 4 days and why you die when you do that down to the smallest detail but I wont. You just have to have faith in me or try it out for yourself. If you know someone who did 4 days without drinking (willingly) keep in mind, everybody lies (most of the time to themselfs).

Around the Network
miz1q2w3e said:
brendude13 said:
Ferrari_7861 said:
I'm a Muslim and I'm fasting. Kirameo said you can drink when you are fasting but this is not true. You can't have food, water or any drink. You can't have anything.

Isn't that dangerous?

Not drinking during the day, (especially in hotter Middle Eastern and African countries) could have some pretty serious effects on your health.

I hate all this "health and safety" overblown crap, but even I think that's pretty dangerous.

Are you 100% sure you can't drink during the day?

YES

Regular fasting and religious/muslim fasting are two different thing

I thought that Muslim fasting allowed you to drink during the day.

brendude13 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

YES

Nope, Ferrari_7861 is right

miz1q2w3e said:
brendude13 said:
miz1q2w3e said:

YES

Nope, Ferrari_7861 is right

Oh right, then good luck to him.

It would be bad enough not drinking water during the day anyway, let alone in a boiling hot Middle Eastern country. 

d21lewis said:
Okay. I'm ready to take the challenge. But first, I have to get some clarity on a few things:
  1. Can I watch videos of video games on youtube? Sure, if you want to torture yourself it's up to you.
  2. Can I pretend on to play video games when I read Game Informer? Yes, why not.
  3. Is Spaghetti a food? Yes, as lame as they can be they may have 1 or 2 nutrients (with luck).
  4. Is Heavy Rain a video game? That's a hard one, but since you can only play it on a videoconsole that would make it a videogame.
  5. Do I get unlimited video games after the challenge is over? Oh, yes. You can get all the videogames... you can buy
  6. Boobs? Yes, if you don't eat, your boobs will get smaller.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

You can easily survive not eating for 10 days. Now the problem would be to survive 10 days without drinking water, because you can only survive 7 days lol. Also the OP should specify if the time is in a "row" or not :D.

Allfreedom99 said:
blkfish92 said:
Can I drink milkshakes and/or protein shakes?

I think someone else asked this. Its my fault for not clarifying in the OP I guess. In my thinking you basically live on water for 10 days. eehhh.. maybe juice...but no shakes or protein shakes. No food or anything thick that would make you feel full.

As long as you have no major health issues a normal human is able to survive a few weeks up to over a month without food. So basically you starve yourself for 10 days with no fear of death or long term ill effects. You just feel like total crap with no energy and will likely lose some fat and muscle.

If I'm gifted with super powers after doing so then I'll not eat for ten days easily.

not play games but that is if there is no Zelda, Mario, Metroid or Pikmin games out in that year otherwise not many games would make me stop eating for 10 days.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Easy, I'd starve. (of course i wouldn't)

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

I once went without eating for almost 3 days. There is NO WAY anyone here would be able to do it for 10 days. (EDIT: If you have the choice like in this case)

I didn't play any games for 3 years. It was much easier than not eating. You can, you know, read a book or something.