By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Meat: “Kinect Is a f***ing joke”

This just in: Team Meat bitches about something. In other breaking news, water is still wet.

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
kitler53 said:
maverick40 said:
I see where you are coming from but I think kinect has served it's purpose sales wise. The problem I have with the device is the fact that microsoft have no idea what to do with it because it cannot work effectively for hardcore titles.

i'm confused.  in your OP you insult Team Meat for their opinion then follow up with a post that agrees with Team Meats opinion.  maybe it not me that is really confused here.

Their opinion is that the piece of hardware is a joke. I never said that, it serves it's purpose. All i said was microsoft have no idea what to do with it next.

yes you did, "The e3 showing of the kinect star wars game was a joke tbh.".   if not to play games then was was the purpose it served??

kitler53 said:
maverick40 said:
kitler53 said:
maverick40 said:
I see where you are coming from but I think kinect has served it's purpose sales wise. The problem I have with the device is the fact that microsoft have no idea what to do with it because it cannot work effectively for hardcore titles.

i'm confused.  in your OP you insult Team Meat for their opinion then follow up with a post that agrees with Team Meats opinion.  maybe it not me that is really confused here.

Their opinion is that the piece of hardware is a joke. I never said that, it serves it's purpose. All i said was microsoft have no idea what to do with it next.

yes you did, "The e3 showing of the kinect star wars game was a joke tbh.".   if not to play games then was was the purpose it served??

It's realistic purpose is for controler-less casual games which is why I bought it. me and the guys love to play kinect adventures before we head out. Their first attempt at a core game is starwars kinect and from the e3 live demo it looked appalling. Take out of context what you want from this but it is the truth.

Sounds like people are starting to Dis-kinect from kinect hehe

I agree, as a hardcore gamer I think Kinect is just garbage. I wasted my money on that piece of shit

Around the Network

Well he is right, motion controls was only good to attract more customers and for fanboys. (As an Vgchartz veteran you probably will have read an 100 times that motion controls are so amazing that they never want to go back to the inferiour standard controller.)

Fun for party games but for the other games it didn't add much.

I agree with their take on Kinect, but that there are no othe Wii games that utilize the montion controls besides Wii Sports is totally wrong. I wouldn't make much sense counting them here, though, because I would basically write down nearly every good Wii game in the last years here.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

Wow, never have I seen a professional in the gaming industry speak like that.

He might be blunt, but it's true.

brendude13 said:

Wow, never have I seen a professional in the gaming industry speak like that.

He might be blunt, but it's true his opinion.

Fixed.

dsage01 said:
I agree, as a hardcore gamer I think Kinect is just garbage. I wasted my money on that piece of shit

As a hardcore gamer not interested in casual games, why on earth did you buy Kinect so early? Sounds like a pretty stupid move on your part and you have no one to blame but yourself. You knew what games were out at launch and what was coming, yet you bought it without a "hardcore" game sellection?