By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Meat: “Kinect Is a f***ing joke”

honestly looking through this thread i understand to a certain extent why nightsurge did what he did... the kinect hate in here is on another level... personally i don't see much appeal for myself in kinect but i can accept that other people are different doesn't mean you should belittle their tastes

Around the Network
Xen said:
nightsurge said:
Xen said:
PullusPardus said:
i'm pretty sure everyone who says its useless , didn't even try it.
its fun, Kinect Sports is fun for everyone, thats what it's designed to do, and thats what is doing, so its useful.

Point?

It does the same thing the Wii does, only worse.

Worse?

Seems to me that tracking up to 48 points on a person's body is better than just 2.

Dance Central > Just Dance for example

It loses out with lag.

And your example, I think, is the only one that holds up. Everything else the Wii is more natural in. Wii Sports, for example.

and that proves my point that you haven't played it.

I think I'm going to start up an indie dev studio, release one successful game, and then start telling established companies with years of experience how to do their business.

It seems the in thing to do these days.

VGChartz

People keep saying that Kinect can't do half of what was presented at E3 2009-2010... what exactly? When I look back, nothing they presented isn't possible right now or am I missing something?

Let me just make this clear. I did NOT post those threads as a retort to this one or the OP. I posted those threads to equally express my opinions about motion controls. Not to defend any certain control type over the others. I realized as a result of this thread that you can say terrible things in an unprofessional way about something that you don't care for, and get away with it because it is your opinion.

It's just sad that a thread like this opened up so many people to just trash on a device that most have probably never even tried for themselves or don't understand. And they got away with everything just because it was based on opinion, regardless of how the post was worded.

So in a sense my threads were experiments to test the waters and for that purpose they played very well.

Around the Network

FACT: This thread should have been locked a long time ago.

PS4 Preordered - 06/11/2013 @09:30am

XBox One Preordered - 06/19/2013 @07:57pm

"I don't trust #XboxOne & #Kinect 2.0, it's always connected" as you tweet from your smartphone - irony 0_o