By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Meat: “Kinect Is a f***ing joke”

The future of motion controls depends on skyward sword.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network
brendude13 said:
nightsurge said:
brendude13 said:

Wow, never have I seen a professional in the gaming industry speak like that.

He might be blunt, but it's true his opinion.

Fixed.

I don't think there are many people on this website who are going to disagree, just look at all the posts above me.

You mean the almost entirely Sony/Nintendo fan comments? Or those that just hate motion control in general? The majority of people who have actually purchased and played Kinect would not agree with you at all.

vlad321 said:
thranx said:
Zlejedi said:
Mr Khan said:
These guys just seem to like to bitch for the sake of it. Everyone rushed to defend them when they were badmouthing WiiWare, but this seems to make their perspective more clear

They say what a huge part of industry/gamers think but unlike guys working for huge corporations they are not afraid of being politically incorrect.

They sound like immature fanboys. (fanboys of what i do not know)

They could make the same compliants in a more professional way and maybe people will listen. As it is they sound like little cry babies upset they did not get their way.

A rose by any other name.....

Ironic... coming from you.

maverick40 said:
kowenicki said:
Why does he not hate MOVE?

If he hates motion controls then thats up to him. He has no class and is a pretty piss poor representative of his company but he will learn when he grows up a little.

Other than they seem to have a bit of an issue with MS and take every opportunity to bash them. No other developer thinks its a "fucking joke" or if they do they have more class than to be so childish about it.

I reralise however that such a quote is manna from heaven for the OP and many others here.

"I reralise however that such a quote is manna from heaven for the OP and many others here" 

Classic insecurity from Kowenicki as usual. Such baseless assumptions.

I think the results of this thread clearly show Kowenicki is right. No need to try and make this a hostile thing. Oh wait, you posted the OP to begin with...

What really pisses me off is that the projected future of 'Project Natal' was MUCH cooler than anything I've heard since it launched. It's just not as cool or clever as they said it would be. We are damn right justified being disappointed.

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
NYANKS said:
I tend to believe what he says, I can't see any proof to the contrary yet at least.

Nor will you by the looks of things. The e3 showing of the kinect star wars game was a joke tbh.

i thought it was good. 2010 kinect starwars was a joke but 2011 seemed more polished. don't tell me i'm going to have to watch MS E3 again!

although i see the potential in kinect for the hardcore i don't think the hardcore will ever except kinect wether it proves its self or not. i also don't think that dev's will find the hardcore in kinect so team meat has a point.

me my self, i'm just not into kinect its not my thing.

RolStoppable said:
cyberninja45 said:
The future of motion controls depends on skyward sword.

The next Zelda after SS is pretty much confirmed to be played with a traditional controller, so no.

Im just talking about the reception for it. Not for  other future zelda titles as they always change to showcase  the  hardware's main features(like the touch screen on the ds, the 3d in the 3ds  etc). This zelda might do for motion controls what OOT did for 3d games.

And where was this 'confirmation' of the control scheme anyway. U not talking about the  e3 demo are u?

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

If I were Microsoft, I'd say "Here's the punchline." Tomorrow this time, Super Meat Boy would be off of XBLA.

maverick40 said:
I see where you are coming from but I think kinect has served it's purpose sales wise. The problem I have with the device is the fact that microsoft have no idea what to do with it because it cannot work effectively for hardcore titles.

how did kinect served its purpose

that way every product on the planet serves its purpose

it was good for some new exiting time and fun but it doesn't matter in long term

Zappykins said:
I've just come to expect that some gamers are just slugs that want to sit and push buttons and tiny joysticks. Any other movement is just too much effort to expect from them. And that's fine if they want to do that, but don't disparage others if they actually enjoy games that require some kind of movement.

The flying and the sword fighting games in Wii Sports Resort are awesome, in my opinion. The sword fighting games remind me of the ones we would play with wrapping paper tubes as kids - except we don't have to stop when someone gets hurt or the tubes disintegrate.

Kinect is still in its infancy. We have yet to see how with Forza 4, head tracking is going to effect the game or voice control in Mass Effect 3. People seem really happy with a few games on Kinect, and this seems more like publicity stunt than a legitimate perception.

the sword fighting seemed so gimmicky. the only thing that didn't seem gimmicky was the bowling.

i would have prefured a more fantasy driven sword fighting game(noted zelda) with RPG elements.