By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Meat: “Kinect Is a f***ing joke”

RolStoppable said:
cyberninja45 said:
RolStoppable said:
cyberninja45 said:
The future of motion controls depends on skyward sword.

The next Zelda after SS is pretty much confirmed to be played with a traditional controller, so no.

Im just talking about the reception for it. Not for  other future zelda titles as they always change to showcase  the  hardware's main features(like the touch screen on the ds, the 3d in the 3ds  etc). This zelda might do for motion controls what OOT did for 3d games.

And where was this 'confirmation' of the control scheme anyway. U not talking about the  e3 demo are u?

Skyward Sword could turn out to be the best game of all time and it still wouldn't matter for the future of motion controls. The decisions have already been made and that means motion controls at best remain as a way to milk the stupid casuals and then those profits will be used to make the proper games that don't rely on motion controls.

Nintendo was the only company who saw more in motion controls than the rest of the industry. Now there is no difference between Nintendo and the industry anymore. Zelda HD will use the Wii U controller, that's a given and I don't think that it will be relegated to just some secondary use while Wiimote and Nunchuk will be the main controller setup.

You maybe assuming a tad bit too much here,but we'll see. But for the last line you may be on to somethingXD.

My 3ds friendcode: 5413-0232-9676 (G-cyber)

Around the Network

So Team Meat attended the Rovio 'Secrets of Counterproductive PR' seminar as well? Interesting ...

Two things.

1) Godfather Blackhand Edition.. chocking a bitch was so awesome, fist fighting, etc.. ( i could name more 3rd party and a few more 1st party, but one is all that is requested)

2) I fully agree on Kinect and even got banned for 3days for my opinion on the matter. Its a waste of $150. Rather buy a 2nd Wii, 3DS, 3 new games, blow job, etc.

kowenicki said:

Why does he not hate MOVE?

If he hates motion controls then thats up to him. He has no class and is a pretty piss poor representative of his company but he will learn when he grows up a little.

Other than they seem to have a bit of an issue with MS and take every opportunity to bash them. No other developer thinks its a "fucking joke" or if they do they have more class than to be so childish about it.

I realise however that such a quote is manna from heaven for the OP and many others here.

At this point in time, Move doesn't exist anymore.

Dancing games and Cardio stuff are great on Kinect, the rest are not so hot, Eden is better with pointer controls and buttons as far as game play goes, Kinect does bring a certain amount of immersion with it but it's not the best option as far as control is concerned.

Around the Network
superchunk said:
kowenicki said:

If he hates motion controls then thats up to him. He has no class and is a pretty piss poor representative of his company but he will learn when he grows up a little.

Other than they seem to have a bit of an issue with MS and take every opportunity to bash them. No other developer thinks its a "fucking joke" or if they do they have more class than to be so childish about it.

I realise however that such a quote is manna from heaven for the OP and many others here.

Yes it does but the difference with move is games aren't really made for it, games are just given an added option to use it as a controller and it actually works, so we are getting the same games people who just want to play it with move instead of a controller can, so it doesn't take anything away from anyone so nobody who doesn't own it cares.

BrokenBones646 said:
superchunk said:
kowenicki said:

Yes it does but the difference with move is games aren't really made for it, games are just given an added option to use it as a controller and it actually works, so we are getting the same games people who just want to play it with move instead of a controller can, so it doesn't take anything away from anyone so nobody who doesn't own it cares.

What games have Move controls? I have seen the HD Wii Sports and I think one other.

I ask in seriousness as I greatly prefer wiimote to dual analog and would consider an FPS with move on my PS3.

They seem unnessacerily angry. Nobody has taken their joypad away so what are thy even bitching for.

That said I can't see Kinect ever offering something iconic or in depth game wise, it is what it is. Microsoft saw an opportunity and took it ...

nightsurge said:
brendude13 said:

I don't think there are many people on this website who are going to disagree, just look at all the posts above me.

You mean the almost entirely Sony/Nintendo fan comments? Or those that just hate motion control in general? The majority of people who have actually purchased and played Kinect would not agree with you at all.

The people who hate motion controls in general AND the people who acknowledge the fact that Kinect hasn't delivered any great games, contains sub-par hardware and is still far too expensive. You don't have to be a Sony / Nintendo fan to hate Kinect, in fact, it's mainly the XBOX 360 fans who hate Kinect. If people want to buy Kinect then that's fine, but it has absolutely no appeal to hardcore gamers, the "majority of people" who you talk about are casual gamers, who are completely irrelevant to this guys point.

Several things:
* The makers of Super Meat Boy have issues with Microsoft and how they handled their product.
* People used to the control scheme we have now, which is VERY intimidating to people who aren't regular players (Seriously folks, you can claim "perfection" with the current scheme, but count how many buttons there are), think it is AWESOME. You have a degree of arrogance where you expect people to do this. And, well, even with all these buttons, the current control scheme isn't be best for all sorts of gaming. Go ahead and argue the PS3 and 360 controller is AWESOME to do a Real-time strategy game with,  or argue that a pad controller is the best way to play them (or heck an FPS for that matter). And go ahead and say that playing a music game with a pad controller is awesome. Of course, the hardcore gamer will end up arguing what I described aren't real games anyhow.

Also point to mchaza, in regards to what you said about "full body control" is what Kinect is about. It could benefit more from reading more body parts, but what you call for is the direction Kinect is moving in.