By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Team Meat: “Kinect Is a f***ing joke”

maverick40 said:
I see where you are coming from but I think kinect has served it's purpose sales wise. The problem I have with the device is the fact that microsoft have no idea what to do with it because it cannot work effectively for hardcore titles.

i'm confused.  in your OP you insult Team Meat for their opinion then follow up with a post that agrees with Team Meats opinion.  maybe it not me that is really confused here.

Around the Network

I love Kinect...its a great way to just relax or stretch a bit before bed time.

OT - these guys won't be around in the industry for long with this attitude.

maverick40 said:
Jazz2K said:
Food for trolls and haters gonna hate = Kinect threads

Classic response. Get out of here.

Lol classic response...

Not even one year with Kinect and people try to prove what it can't do is classic.

Not even one year with Kinect and people try to prove hardcore games can't be done with it is classic.

Not even one year with Kinect and people try to prove it sold only due to marketing.

People will try to prove that games for Kinect are clunky, they will point to bad games but ignore those that work perfectly.

You guys should be carefull with what devs say because when they see the money they quickly change their tune and start adopting what they thought was bad and praise it like it's the second coming.

Jazz2K said:
maverick40 said:
Jazz2K said:
Food for trolls and haters gonna hate = Kinect threads

Classic response. Get out of here.

Lol classic response...

Not even one year with Kinect and people try to prove what it can't do is classic.

Not even one year with Kinect and people try to prove hardcore games can't be done with it is classic.

Not even one year with Kinect and people try to prove it sold only due to marketing.

People will try to prove that games for Kinect are clunky, they will point to bad games but ignore those that work perfectly.

You guys should be carefull with what devs say because when they see the money they quickly change their tune and start adopting what they thought was bad and praise it like it's the second coming.

Well as an owner of kinect I think I have the right to voice my opinion on the hardware I spent 150 euros on.

kitler53 said:
maverick40 said:
I see where you are coming from but I think kinect has served it's purpose sales wise. The problem I have with the device is the fact that microsoft have no idea what to do with it because it cannot work effectively for hardcore titles.

i'm confused.  in your OP you insult Team Meat for their opinion then follow up with a post that agrees with Team Meats opinion.  maybe it not me that is really confused here.

Their opinion is that the piece of hardware is a joke. I never said that, it serves it's purpose. All i said was microsoft have no idea what to do with it next.

Around the Network
disolitude said:

Actually, you are probably right with that statement. I know they are butthurt over microsofts handling of the advertisement of their game but they need to stop voicing their opinion especially because they are only an indie dev.

These guys just seem to like to bitch for the sake of it. Everyone rushed to defend them when they were badmouthing WiiWare, but this seems to make their perspective more clear

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

maverick40 said:
disolitude said:

Actually, you are probably right with that statement. I know they are butthurt over microsofts handling of the advertisement of their game but they need to stop voicing their opinion especially because they are only an indie dev.

Yep, my attitude would be... lets see what game #2 or 3 will look like before we start trashing one of the biggest gaming companies around. I mean Super Meat Boy was great and funny, but it really wasn't something any console could call a must have exclusive.

I think the problem with Kinect is that people think it's there to replace the controller in "every" possible way when it's not. I bought the Kinect for what it's good at. Of course if all you want is play shooters with it then I suggest you wait because great games "takes time".

Just because some random dev hates motion gaming doesn't mean we have to pay attention.

Kinect is a good piece of technology but it isn't being utilized correctly by Microsoft or there other casual friendly hippy devs.