By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sakurai:Wii U Smash Bros Will be Better Than Brawl

Tagged games:

Honestly I don't see why this is worth mentioning... Most developers from what I know don't purposefully downgrade from their last game, so I find it obvious that they're willing to say that their next game will be better than their last.

Around the Network

"but we want to eliminate any competitiveness of the game this time"- Sakuaria

Can't wait to hear this again xD

can't wait for smash, but with online this time, not seeking forever : P

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Linkasf said:
"but we want to eliminate any competitiveness of the game this time"- Sakuaria

Can't wait to hear this again xD

Best part of it...

And yes, we need Geno & mallon on the next smash...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

Well if the online gets fixed it will be way better. For all those saying Brawl was worse then Melee, dude I have to disagree with you majorly. The only disapointments I had with Brawl was the lack of good online and the fact that characters from Melee were removed for Brawl. But I must admit the campaign was better then both other SmashBros titles combined. Infact the Campaign was so good that I'd consider it up their with Kirby and such, sure it may have a few quirks but it was a great side scrolling adventure and I thought it added to the game big time.

With Melee and SmashBros 64 I just played multiplayer I didn't like Campaign much. But with Brawl I replayed the Campaign from start to finish over three times. I also played co-op on campaign often. To be honest I wouldn't mind four player co-op in the next game.

-JC7

"In God We Trust - In Games We Play " - Joel Reimer

Around the Network

I can't wait for this. I never had any problem with Brawl's online, featuring lag only a handful of times, but it was definitely picked up as an area for improvement.

Joelcool7 said:

Well if the online gets fixed it will be way better. For all those saying Brawl was worse then Melee, dude I have to disagree with you majorly. The only disapointments I had with Brawl was the lack of good online and the fact that characters from Melee were removed for Brawl. But I must admit the campaign was better then both other SmashBros titles combined. Infact the Campaign was so good that I'd consider it up their with Kirby and such, sure it may have a few quirks but it was a great side scrolling adventure and I thought it added to the game big time.

With Melee and SmashBros 64 I just played multiplayer I didn't like Campaign much. But with Brawl I replayed the Campaign from start to finish over three times. I also played co-op on campaign often. To be honest I wouldn't mind four player co-op in the next game.

Melee was a lot more fast-paced. Skilled player could really stand out more than in Brawl. That's why there were so many tournaments, something we haven't seen with Brawl.

Boutros said:
Joelcool7 said:

Melee was a lot more fast-paced. Skilled player could really stand out more than in Brawl. That's why there were so many tournaments, something we haven't seen with Brawl.

And all those tourneys were Fox/Marth, Final Destination, no items...

Melee was only better for a certain type of gamer, one whose mentality i have severe disagreements with

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

What the point if them saying this since they haven't even started the game yet?

Well a major problem right out of the gate is the lack of the gamecube controller which leaves us with : Wii remotes, classic controllers, and wii U controller.

I guess I will have to find a USB Gamecube controller or something because I and most people I know are garbage playing with wii remote (is uncomfortable and lacking in buttons), and the classic controller is just kind of awkward ... not bad but just not a solid controller. The Wii U pad (from what I can tell from just holding the thing at E3 and not using it with a game) is heavy and even more of a pain to use than Wii remote.

I want to believe that Nintendo will fix online with this one, but there is no indication so far that Wii U will have anything approaching a decent online system, and Nintendo does not have a great track record in this area anyways.

Of course, I will still end up buying it, and I hope they bring in more characters while also keeping the old ones ... there is no reason to get rid of characters, and I don't care if they are clones of other chars.