By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCE Acquires Sucker Punch

CGI-Quality said:

We don't know how Twisted Metal will perform and Warhawk sold considerably less than HR, so I wouldn't say that those studio's games have more appeal than Quantic's just yet.

Chances are even if they acquire another studio, it may not be until the PS4-era.

True for Twisted Metal, but the series was once moderately big, sold over 2m in Americas one time. But we don't know how many fans are still waiting for another game. Warhawk sold around a million on disk and probably a fair amount digitally. It may have outsold HR. Either way, it did pretty good for how bare it was. I can see Starhawk doing bigger numbers than Warhawk.

I have my theories for Starhawk and Twisted Metal, but I'll keep those to myself as I know how you don't like "if's and maybe's"

Around the Network
CGI-Quality said:

Where'd you come up with that theory?

I don't rememmber the thread, it was one of the Uncharted 3 sales prediction threads (there's so many of them). I was speculating Uncharted 3's sales and you were doubtful because it wasn't definitive enough. I'll try to find the thread.

Now, we need a inFamous Vita spin-off talking about Kessler in the future and how everything there happened... Kessler was badass in the first one

LET'S GO KNICKS

They need a JRPG dev now. They have games ontop of games for the Western market.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Nice acquisition by Sony. I enjoy playing the inFAMOUS series, looking forward to the next game Sucker Punch release.

Around the Network
ShadowSoldier said:
They need a JRPG dev now. They have games ontop of games for the Western market.

I hope so..

Level-5  - Dark Cloud, White Knight Chronicles, and they now have the FF12 director.

From Software - Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, Armored Core series

or..

Game Republic - Folklore, Majin and the Forsakan Kingdom

Teo said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I hope so..

Level-5  - Dark Cloud, White Knight Chronicles, and they now have the FF12 director.

or..

Wait did Level 5 acquire the FFXII director who fell ill and had to leave the development of the game behind? or the one who directed the rest of the development?

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Is it any wonder why Sony has so many dedicated fans? Smart move. Well played Sony. Now I await Microsoft to buy Bioware. Wait.....too late.

Teo said:
ShadowSoldier said:

I hope so..

or..

I heard Game Republic was closed?

Also for others saying quantic dream, well quantic dream doesn't only make games; I have heard they have other projects as well so I doubt they will be bought by Sony.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Is it any wonder why Sony has so many dedicated fans? Smart move. Well played Sony. Now I await Microsoft to buy Bioware. Wait.....too late.

To this day...it boggles my mind why Microsoft didn't make that move for Bioware..especially since Bioware made so many excellent exclusive titles for MS