By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCE Acquires Sucker Punch

Silver-Tiger said:
RareglovE said:
Kudos to Sony and Sucker punch, finally after a long time.

now the next company to acquire is quantic dream

Quantic Dream needs to prove themselves first. Heavy Rain was excellent, but there is no indication that their next game will be just as good. Sucker Punch has proven that their games have consistent quality. Sly 1-3 were all good, and both Infamous titles sold well and are extremely good.

QD exploded with Fahrenheit and then proved themselves with HR.

I think that they'd be a nice addition for the PS family.

Around the Network

Definitely a good decision. I have always liked Sucker Punch. Just beat inFamous 2 the other night and I must say the quality between that and the first game is through the roof.

Dgc1808 said:
Silver-Tiger said:
RareglovE said:
Kudos to Sony and Sucker punch, finally after a long time.

now the next company to acquire is quantic dream

Quantic Dream needs to prove themselves first. Heavy Rain was excellent, but there is no indication that their next game will be just as good. Sucker Punch has proven that their games have consistent quality. Sly 1-3 were all good, and both Infamous titles sold well and are extremely good.

They jumped on Media Molecule after one game, though. Thought that was pretty wierd but then again, they're a really small studio.

Maybe the price was irresistable :D

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

insomniac - fail
suckerpunch - win
quantic dream - !?!

so much win
this is nothing BUT great news for sony and the fans. SP makes really high quality fun games and now they will get even more financial backing and will be more integrated into the ps family and get more support from other studios. like someone said above chances are they have already showed sony what their next project is. the same was with MM and LBP2. exciting stuff :D

oh and they honestly just need one more studio, for RPGs

In-Kat-We-Trust Brigade!

"This world is Merciless, and it's also very beautiful"

For All News/Info related to the PlayStation Vita, Come and join us in the Official PSV Thread!

Around the Network

I wouldn't be surprised if QD was picked after the second game.

4 ≈ One

Quantic Dreams your NEXT!!! =D

Also they should definitly strengthen their JAPAN team, a couple new studio's to develop RPG/JRPGs(demon souls 2!) would be very much welcome.

Seece said:
maverick40 said:
Seece said:
maverick40 said:
Excellent news, this has made my day. Sony are making great decisions as of late. I love sucker punch.

Wow really? It's not as if you're gonna get any new exclusives you wouldn't have, actually this news has little to no impact on you unless they were planning to go multiplat, which I doubt after all thsi time.

OT: I thought they already were 1st party! But makes sense to buy if they wern't.

As a writer and admin of this site, I think it is shocking that you thought they were first party.

"It's not as if you're gonna get any new exclusives you wouldn't have"

The same could have been said for Insomniac but look what happened there. There was no indication at all that sucker punch was going to continue to make games exclusively for Sony.

OT: This is great news, another fantastic 1st part studio for Sony. They have an amazing list and it is ever expanding.

What the hell is my staff status got to do with knowing Sony 1st party studios? Really don't talk rubbish, it's nothing to do with my work.

There was no indication they wernt either.

Bottom line, be more professional or at least act like it.  This site represents gaming.  You should represent gaming, not a constant downplay of pro-Sony new just because you favor the Xbox 360.

Console makers need to continually bolster their 1st party offerings to their core fanbase. This is what Sony is doing. Good for gamers.