By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - SCE Acquires Sucker Punch

legend92(3) said:
I wonder if Sony would have bought insomniac if theyd stuck around just a bit longer.

I believe Sony offered to buy Insomniac many times, but they have always maintained there would only work at there best as an independant company. 

Around the Network

Nice choice. Sony should now send them to make Infamous for PSV and start working on Infamous 3 as launch title for PS4.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

Excellent news, this has made my day. Sony are making great decisions as of late. I love sucker punch.

great news

SCEI needs more dev's. i see why Sony has no JRPG's.

Great news well deserved.

Around the Network
maverick40 said:
Excellent news, this has made my day. Sony are making great decisions as of late. I love sucker punch.

Wow really? It's not as if you're gonna get any new exclusives you wouldn't have, actually this news has little to no impact on you unless they were planning to go multiplat, which I doubt after all thsi time.

OT: I thought they already were 1st party! But makes sense to buy if they wern't.

I wonder if Insomniac going multi spurred on this acquisition

@TheVoxelman on twitter

Check out my hype threads: Cyberpunk, and The Witcher 3!

well its about time! wonder what their next game will be...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

Instead of in Japan, Sony needs more devs in mainland Europe :)

non-gravity said:
Instead of in Japan, Sony needs more devs in mainland Europe :)

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move in on Quantic Dream at some point.