By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

I've gotten some close calls as a result of my vocal hatred for the Kinect. But I felt it was worth the risk.

I still think the notion of getting banned, or even warned for hating on a hardware addon is as ridiculous as getting banned for hating on the Wii balance board, motion plus, or PS Eye.

It's funny though, now that the hype has died down, more people seem to agree with me on my hate :P

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Never been banned or warned, I aim to keep it that way too.

I find that suprising since you can be quite a twat.

Paul said:
Carl2291 said:

I try my best

I got warned by Sega because I reported Antabus more than once, he was clearly trolling, but I got a moderation and apparently Antabus was clean, at least a day later twesterm did justice to him.

My favourite was being warned for talking about a warning which was later decided to be unjustified.

Great times. Some of these stories are quite funny actually

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

Around the Network

I only got warned once, and that was for trolling Wii's lack of solid FPS. I'm amazed I never got banned; my first few posts here in the site were just trolling the Wii. Hell, the only reason I joined VGC back then was to troll the Wii. The Nintendo fanbase was terrible.

spurgeonryan said:
yo_john117 said:
I'm a real badass and got warned for having too long of a signature.

Wow! I barely knew you back then, yet you were still the second person to reply to this thread of mine! Thanks! Your current sig. seems pretty big!

Don't you remember? I post in all the threads

I got a 3-day ban for calling someone a troll. :/ (I said "troll harder" to be exact)
Worst part is that I couldn't even log into my account.(kinda defeats the purpose of of sending me a message telling me I was banned). When I couldn't log into my account I did a little investigating. I went to one my forum posts, went to my profile and found out why I was banned.....

Oh and I didn't even get an email about my ban either :/

BTW the reason for my ban was "Flaming".........

god does anyone remember that guy that stole a pic from ssj and trolled him with that?
something about never touched pussy

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Carl2291 said:
Paul said:
Carl2291 said:

I try my best

I actually lol'd for the bluntness of that!