By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Banned (almost)....Warnings on Vgchartz? This is not a bad mouth the staff thread. Please do not ruin it for people who want to talk about this.

I got a warning once from what i thought was a friendly ribbing at carl by implying he was a fanboy. Then carl got all prickly about it and reported me. Now carl isnt on my friends list anymore and i havent quoted or talked to him since.

Around the Network
slowmo said:

We all have our favourites that notice us, I think you become notorious after the first couple of times lol

A fair few bans in my mod history I can totally agree with and admit that I deserved it.

Some of those Maxwell bans though... Just no. dunno001 was pretty bad aswell on a couple of bans ¬_¬

I got banned for saying Nintendo have made lazy half-hearted games before.

I got banned for saying "PS3 > Wii again, as it should be."

I got banned for saying Fallout 3 looks like ass. Apparently I was trolling the game, despite it being in my top 5 of the entire Gen. I think it's the only ever time I've seen someone banned for "trolling" a 3rd party game, too.

Oh well, the 2 mods that seemed to stalk my posts are gone now, so I'm happy. The new mod team don't seem to be handing out shitty bans left, right and center neither. VGChartz Moderation is on the up!

I still feel like all my bans except my first one were undeserved. Still have no problems with any of the moderators. This site is not worth creating drama for, this isn't Jersey shore.

spurgeonryan said:
chocoloco said:
I still feel like all my bans except my first one were undeserved. Still have no problems with any of the moderators. This site is not worth creating drama for, this isn't Jersey shore.

I don't understand that show. So yeah that would be horrible to make this place like Jersey Shore.

Some people do, even grown men arguing about sales predicitions. Always fun to watch.

killeryoshis said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
killeryoshis said:
I got banned about 5 times.

3 times because I bumped a old thread. That was mostly back when I didn't even know what necro posting is. I got banned twice for losing a bet

wht bet did you lose and why did you get banned for losing the bet.

I had a bet for some contest. I thought I was going to lose but I won. So I got banned

ok that sounds strange. you thought you lost and got banned for winning?

Around the Network

I once got in trouble for snorkling in the paddling pool. Apparently not allowed.

spurgeonryan said:
Carl2291 said:
slowmo said:

We all have our favourites that notice us, I think you become notorious after the first couple of times lol

A fair few bans in my mod history I can totally agree with and admit that I deserved it.

Some of those Maxwell bans though... Just no. dunno001 was pretty bad aswell on a couple of bans ¬_¬

I got banned for saying Fallout 3 looks like ass. Apparently I was trolling the game, despite it being in my top 5 of the entire Gen. I think it's the only ever time I've seen someone banned for "trolling" a 3rd party game, too.

Oh well, the 2 mods that seemed to stalk my posts are gone now, so I'm happy. The new mod team don't seem to be handing out shitty bans left, right and center neither. VGChartz Moderation is on the up!

I just stayed of the forums for the longest time after my last ban, and actually it was for a month or so. So I was able to wean myself off of checking out the sales and stuff. For along while I only checked out sales and posted on walls everyonce in a while. Not to say I did not deserve two of my bans, just saying I was cautious afterwards.

after my first warning for something other then CAPSLOCK 3X which i still think is the stupides reason to send a warning(starting to think i'm the wrong thread) i was warry so the simple solution of changing my password from all caps came into play and prevented a ban.

the spamming warning i didn't think about before hand posting multiple times in a thread. i stilll think a warning was a bit much. a simple message would have done the trick on for that one as CGI was kind enough to post on my wall about a thread i did on platformers(i was still a bit bullish with that one) and Sony and Nintendo having or being the best at making them. i guess i just don't like warnings anymore then the thought of being bannd. it had been near a yr before i'd get a warning, but an insult would end that.

CGI was trying to get me out of a situation that was likely to lead to trolling of the thread, so i never went back to the thread and found myself with less problems until the holiday season. thanks again CGI.

i do have to admit that my 1 warning for trolling which was not the case at all could be seen as trolling as i said something about the 360 blowing up and something else about shrapnel. like i said a few times before i thought it was funny. it was a joke but arguing with a mod is stupid.

i was on somebodies wall the other day and they were arguing with Machina who i think is like one of the coolest(not kissing ass just being honest)guy's on the site, but it wasn't pointless because Machina was being unreasonable which i think he very reasonable but it seemed like the arguement had been going on for sometime. Machina was very patient but everyone has a breaking point and it was just professional how Machina ended the conversation IMHO. just shows the level of quality the top mod has.

i've only had a problem with dewti and he's gone now, but adnitedly he was very crafty.

still my goal and everyone elses should be to make this site the best place to come to for each other and noobs. make a yr and your instramental in making the site better. its easy to forget wht not to do sometimes, but the biggest offences we all know so avoiding them is a must even under the most frustrating situations so be mindful of your actions.

spurgeonryan said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
spurgeonryan said:
Carl2291 said:
slowmo said:

I just stayed of the forums for the longest time after my last ban, and actually it was for a month or so. So I was able to wean myself off of checking out the sales and stuff. For along while I only checked out sales and posted on walls everyonce in a while. Not to say I did not deserve two of my bans, just saying I was cautious afterwards.

after my first warning for something other then CAPSLOCK 3X which i still think is the stupides reason to send a warning(starting to think i'm the wrong thread) i was warry so the simple solution of changing my password from all caps came into play and prevented a ban.

the spamming warning i didn't think about before hand posting multiple times in a thread. i stilll think a warning was a bit much. a simple message would have done the trick on for that one as CGI was kind enough to post on my wall about a thread i did on platformers(i was still a bit bullish with that one) and Sony and Nintendo having or being the best at making them. i guess i just don't like warnings anymore then the thought of being bannd. it had been near a yr before i'd get a warning, but an insult would end that.

CGI was trying to get me out of a situation that was likely to lead to trolling of the thread, so i never went back to the thread and found myself with less problems until the holiday season. thanks again CGI.

i do have to admit that my 1 warning for trolling which was not the case at all could be seen as trolling as i said something about the 360 blowing up and something else about shrapnel. like i said a few times before i thought it was funny. it was a joke but arguing with a mod is stupid.

i was on somebodies wall the other day and they were arguing with Machina who i think is like one of the coolest(not kissing ass just being honest)guy's on the site, but it wasn't pointless because Machina was being unreasonable which i think he very reasonable but it seemed like the arguement had been going on for sometime. Machina was very patient but everyone has a breaking point and it was just professional how Machina ended the conversation IMHO. just shows the level of quality the top mod has.

i've only had a problem with dewti and he's gone now, but adnitedly he was very crafty.

still my goal and everyone elses should be to make this site the best place to come to for each other and noobs. make a yr and your instramental in making the site better. its easy to forget wht not to do sometimes, but the biggest offences we all know so avoiding them is a must even under the most frustrating situations so be mindful of your actions.

To be honest my problems came from the guy that everyone loves! Nordlead. And I don't even think he was the one who banned me. But he sure jumped on something I wrote on a game wall as soon as I got back. I think they were watching to make sure I did not do whatever it was I did again. I mentioned the ban in an out of the way place, and it was picked up fast.

Nordlead? never mind i don't think i want to know. so wht happend when the picked it up?

I've been warned thrice for sig length, but never anything for behavior.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

PDF said:
This one time I was part of a secret vgchartz society called section 8. That got me in trouble but never was banned for it. Was a contributor at that time and that was taken away.

so wht was section 8 about, and wht kind of contributor