By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - First Xenoblade Chronicles review is in, 91/100

RolStoppable said:
spurgeonryan said:
Was there anything added from the japanese version other than translation? What about the other games coming to you guys?

No, nothing added to the game itself. There's a bundle with a red Classic Controller Pro and an alternate boxart (voted for by fans) on the backside of the actual one though.

Neither The Last Story or Pandora's Tower have gotten final confirmation for a European release at this point in time, but it looks likely that they will come in 2012.

both saka when in paris then a few weeks later the product director at nintendo france confirmed Last story to a magazin.... that and they had the game playable 4 weeks ago in paris (though in japanese) with the nintendo pinup girls saying it'd release in 2012 (though these last ones aren't a reference... last time I had a nintendo pinup guy saying that fifa 3DS was great while standing next to PES...)

Pandora was rumored at the same show... I personnaly didn't see it (and I saw the station the rumor picture comes from, it had a different game, though different from the screen picture too).

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Around the Network

oh and had a hands on xeno at that event too.... FFXII is probably the better description, but i didn't take too much attention ^^.
you don't control your partners (ala FFXII) and they may even kill off bad guys on their own if you keep walking away. The attacks are done though a bar menu at the bottom... though I can't recall if there's an auto attack at the same time and if there's timers on the attacks :p.

One thing though, the area I played in way pretty big (both width and height as the road went up and above the valley on a bridge), so unlike FFXII, I don't think you play in areas, it seems more as an openworld.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

RolStoppable said:

Funnily enough, the subscription cover of the current issue is one of those with a three pages advert (for Xenoblade Chronicles) on the inside with the first page of that being a cool looking artwork. That should have been the actual cover instead of that thing I don't even know of what it is. Apparently some Warner game, I guess Lord of the Rings, but I am not 100 % sure.

Yes, it's a Nazgul artwork for the upcoming Lord of the Rings: War of the North game. I can't deny that the subscription cover looks fantastic.

But still, they said in their magazine preview video on their website that the reviewer considers Xenoblade the best RPG of the past five years (if I remember this part of the video correctly) and on the first page of their review, right underneath the large picture they praise the "graphical glory, even without HD" and "impressive sceneries which you've rarely seen before in any JRPG, all areas you see on this picture are accessible without loading screens". So if "in our opinion it's the best JRPG of recent years" and "one of the best looking JRPGs ever" are not reasons enough to put Xenoblade on one of their two possible covers, I don't know.

Hey Rol, I hope this comes to America! :D

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

great score

hope U.S. localization comes soon

Around the Network
Faxanadu said:
If rol likes the game, it must be in 2D.

Therefore, I am not interested.

Win

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

wow...i have to check it out

And here we are... Still waiting for NOA. NOA nintendo is losing money release this games asap, $2 or $3 millions could help as well...

Menx64

3DS code: 1289-8222-7215

NNid: Menx064

menx64 said:
And here we are... Still waiting for NOA. NOA nintendo is losing money release this games asap, $2 or $3 millions could help as well...

actually it's better to just give your money to NoE on this one, NoA are a separate company.

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Fab_GS said:

Exciting! Now NOA needs to bring it to the US, since we only get NTSC Wii here.

Danke for sharing, Rol.

Homebrew channel that one.