By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - DS vs 3DS Sales Aligned Launches 1st year edition

How will 3DS do compared to the DS in its first year?

3DS will win 468 54.55%

DS will win 199 23.19%

Netrual 33 3.85%

It will be close 78 9.09%

See poll Results 76 8.86%

Total:854
Seece said:
lestatdark said:
I'm not much into sales and data regarding consoles, but I just would like to give the following recommendation:

Whenever those pesky 3DS is doomed threads are put up, everyone should just link with this thread. It really is a big "shut the fuck up" to the people who actually believe that the 3DS is doing a lot poorly than the DS.

It really annoys the hell out of me when a great console gets constantly bashed with untrue arguments.

Don't act like it's unfounded, Nintendo would never have responded they way they did had it not been true. And since the cut there hasn't been much 3DS doom and gloom save for the silly 2nd stick gate

I don't think that's actually correct. Yeah the 3DS was in much worse shape than it is before the price cut, but after the Vita presentation on TGS, it seems that every 3DS vs Vita thread talks about how bad the 3DS is currently doing (and not just how it was doing before the price cut) and that there's little Nintendo can do to remedy the situation, when the software line-up they've got coming up is nothing short of giving the console an hefty boost.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Around the Network
Seece said:
lestatdark said:
I'm not much into sales and data regarding consoles, but I just would like to give the following recommendation:

Whenever those pesky 3DS is doomed threads are put up, everyone should just link with this thread. It really is a big "shut the fuck up" to the people who actually believe that the 3DS is doing a lot poorly than the DS.

It really annoys the hell out of me when a great console gets constantly bashed with untrue arguments.

Don't act like it's unfounded, Nintendo would never have responded they way they did had it not been true. And since the cut there hasn't been much 3DS doom and gloom save for the silly 2nd stick gate

You're not serious, are you? It's been a while since the cut (measuring by Internet time at least), yet lots of venues out there declare as a fact that the 3DS is a  failure/flop (and no they are not talking about the launch)... A recent and typical example (not even totally about the 3DS) would be the gamesindustry.biz article which says: "The failure of the 3DS isn't a boon to Sony - it's a portent of disaster." (and is the basis for this  thread - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=134260)

Currently Playing: Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked, Professor Layton and the Curious Village

Anticipating: Xenoblade, The Last Story, Mario Kart 7, Rayman Origins, Zelda SS, Crush3D, Tales of the Abyss 3DS, MGS:Snake Eater 3DS, RE:Revelations, Time Travellers, Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney, Luigi's Mansion 2, MH TriG, DQ Monsters, Heroes of Ruin

The 3DS is selling about 200,000 a week and I still can't escape people crying that Nintendo deserves to die.

Love and tolerate.

can you please update this thread?

figure.09 said:
can you please update this thread?

Japan numbers aren't in yet

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
bmmb1 said:
Seece said:

You're not serious, are you? It's been a while since the cut (measuring by Internet time at least), yet lots of venues out there declare as a fact that the 3DS is a  failure/flop (and no they are not talking about the launch)... A recent and typical example (not even totally about the 3DS) would be the gamesindustry.biz article which says: "The failure of the 3DS isn't a boon to Sony - it's a portent of disaster." (and is the basis for this  thread - http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=134260)

Yes, but theres only so much you can take seriously from bloggers with declared investments in Apple Stock (or Don Reisinger for that matter). 

http://www.fool.com/investing/general/2011/09/14/nintendo-needs-an-extra-life.aspx

http://www.slashgear.com/iphone-5-will-officially-kill-off-the-nintendo-3ds-17180647/?

Infact im sure you'd find it hard pressed to find many journalists in tech news that DON'T hold a position in Apple Stock these days.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

Well i will buy my 7th console end of septmeber.
Black first day release - 5 as birthday presents to my friends and FINALLY RED out IN UK!!!!

Switch!!!

And the 3ds now is making killing the gap a weekly hobby

DS on its 30th week 3DS on its 30th week
96,425 220,545

The 3DS outsells the DS by +124,120

DS numbers are from June 18th 2005

DS Lifetime on the 30th week 3DS Lifetime on the 30th week
5,606,034 5,039,432

The DS outsells the 3DS by -566,602

The gap is almost brought down to half a million. If the current rate of outselling keeps happening the gap will disappear in 6 weeks.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

^great news, though it will probably take a bit more great news before confidence in Nintendo returns.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

megaman79 said:
^great news, though it will probably take a bit more great news before confidence in Nintendo returns.

By then it'll be close to the end of october and the holliday seaon will be around the corner.

The 3DS will destroy the DS in its first year