morenoingrato said:
Attoyou said:

lolololol good one

That picture is amazing, I feel bad that I had to laugh so much with ^^'

Just moneyhatting and DLC to go then.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

RolStoppable said:
I doubt that it will be a significant loss, but Nintendo has noone to blame but themselves for conceiving such a poor initial strategy for their current generation handheld.

agreed.

GC anyone and thr rumored $1 loss on each one sold

this is surprising considering estimates had it between $100 and $120 to make.

no real big loss will incure as Nintendo software will cover it. 

Attoyou said:

OMG!

Someone should totally turn this into a reverse money printing gif

3DS - It Eats Money!!

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:

excellent analysis. I think when people think about Nintendo they think about the best of Nintendo and expect as much. In this case it would mean hardware innovation, disruption and all at good prices, none of which Nintendo have delivered with the 3DS. I am somewhat surprised that the first few months of software were that big of an issue, though maybe it just added to the other flaws.

Either way I guess this is an "escalation of expectations" type of situation, where consumers have come to expect excellent consoles from Nintendo, and "good" consoles just don't cut it. Just like if EPIC or Crytek released a good looking game, but not a brilliant looking one...

The best of Nintendo is most importantly about the games. The 3DS may be good hardware, but without games it's a worthless piece of junk.

This price cut is only the first step into a better future. Price was the easiest issue to correct and that has been done. Now it's time for the games to come out. 2011 can be written off already, so 2012 needs to be closely watched. If Nintendo doesn't make a change to their software direction, then the price cut was ultimately meaningless. Another thing that I've thought of for the inevitable revised model with better battery life is a version where the d-pad and analog slider are switched in order to cater to the people who primarily play 2D games, whether that is 3DS titles or Virtual Console stuff.

There are many things Nintendo can do to make the 3DS more appealing and it basically boils down to doing a complete U-turn on the system's direction.

This is the one thing I really don't understand. I don't recall any console being D0med for having slim pickings when it comes to software during its first year, let alone first six months. What makes this case so different than any one before it?

Other reasons, like the hardware failing to set off people's imagination of possible new games, or the Vita's better perceived value or smartphone domination etc. I can understand, which is why I see it as being a combination of different issues, not one clear flaw like people are pointing out...

Until you've played it, every game is a system seller!

the original trolls

Wii FC: 4810 9420 3131 7558
MHTri: name=BOo BoO/ID=BZBLEX/region=US

mini-games on consoles, cinematic games on handhelds, what's next? GameBoy IMAX?

Official Member of the Pikmin Fan Club

gumby_trucker said:
RolStoppable said:
gumby_trucker said:

excellent analysis. I think when people think about Nintendo they think about the best of Nintendo and expect as much. In this case it would mean hardware innovation, disruption and all at good prices, none of which Nintendo have delivered with the 3DS. I am somewhat surprised that the first few months of software were that big of an issue, though maybe it just added to the other flaws.

Either way I guess this is an "escalation of expectations" type of situation, where consumers have come to expect excellent consoles from Nintendo, and "good" consoles just don't cut it. Just like if EPIC or Crytek released a good looking game, but not a brilliant looking one...

The best of Nintendo is most importantly about the games. The 3DS may be good hardware, but without games it's a worthless piece of junk.

This price cut is only the first step into a better future. Price was the easiest issue to correct and that has been done. Now it's time for the games to come out. 2011 can be written off already, so 2012 needs to be closely watched. If Nintendo doesn't make a change to their software direction, then the price cut was ultimately meaningless. Another thing that I've thought of for the inevitable revised model with better battery life is a version where the d-pad and analog slider are switched in order to cater to the people who primarily play 2D games, whether that is 3DS titles or Virtual Console stuff.

There are many things Nintendo can do to make the 3DS more appealing and it basically boils down to doing a complete U-turn on the system's direction.

This is the one thing I really don't understand. I don't recall any console being D0med for having slim pickings when it comes to software during its first year, let alone first six months. What makes this case so different than any one before it?

Other reasons, like the hardware failing to set off people's imagination of possible new games, or the Vita's better perceived value or smartphone domination etc. I can understand, which is why I see it as being a combination of different issues, not one clear flaw like people are pointing out...

I belive your forgetting the gizmondo,

but in all seriousness almost every console has been supported for a decent time span, the apf mp1000, the adventurevision, 32x, nuon and virtual boy are the only exceptions even explosive failures like the ngage, jaguar, and 3do got atleast 3 years of support,

I HAVE A DOUBLE DRAGON CAB IN MY KITCHEN!!!!!!

NOW A PUNISHER CAB!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serves them right.

I just don't understand why they even introduced the 3DS to begin with the Nintendo DS was selling so well it was usually always the highest selling gaming hardware worldwide and because of the 3DS it took a huge tumble it's still selling better than it but if it weren't for the 3DS I have no doubt in my mind it would still be on top. I just don't think people care about 3D at this point and it shows seeing how the 3DS flopped.

Pretendo said:
ShadowSoldier said:
I'm out of the loop...since when did Nintendo drop the price of the 3DS and how much is it in NA

It's effective August 12 and will cost $170.

Man, the next few weeks numbers for the 3DS are going to look horrible with everyone waiting for the price cut.  Nintendo must be scared to death of something to cut this soon.  Either the PSV or investors, something.