By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [POLL] Has Final Fantasy XIII disappointed you?

Tagged games:

Has Final Fantasy XIII disappointed you?

Not at all. I enjoyed it ... 121 27.75%

A bit. Liked it but not a... 130 29.82%

I was so disappointed tha... 185 42.43%

Total:436
Fab_GS said:
The bottom line is, the game disappointed many. We literally have a thread like this every month since its release. It's getting annoying.

Well, i´d rather see a thousand discussions about FF than those ´elimination threads´ that have been popping up. I really enjoy all those opinions and the people who try to pressure theirs onto others. At least it´s something worth discussing apparently.

Around the Network
weaveworld said:
Fab_GS said:
The bottom line is, the game disappointed many. We literally have a thread like this every month since its release. It's getting annoying.

Well, i´d rather see a thousand discussions about FF than those ´elimination threads´ that have been popping up. I really enjoy all those opinions and the people who try to pressure theirs onto others. At least it´s something worth discussing apparently.

Worth discussing because it shows that if this is the direction Squeenix is going in the future with the series, it's dead to a lot of people. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

PS4, PS3, PS2, PS1, WiiU, Wii, GCN, N64 SNES, XBO, 360

3DS, DS, GBA, Vita, PSP, Android

Runa216 said:
weaveworld said:
Fab_GS said:

Worth discussing because it shows that if this is the direction Squeenix is going in the future with the series, it's dead to a lot of people.

The series is *cough* going nowhere but forward!

i guse i'm still stuck in the past, as i prefer the turn based style.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
i guse i'm still stuck in the past, as i prefer the turn based style.

Nothing wrong with tradition!  Actually, of all the battle systems I liked 12 the most.  it was essentially the exact same as the traditional turn based, but it wasn't random battles.  That and you could program your allies, which I Felt worked amazingly well if you took the time to learn it. 

But I liked 6-10 a lot too. x-2 was surprisingly good as well. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

Around the Network

@Xen, not really. Like I said in my previous post, his rant was poorly done and made false or weak claims to support his views like saying an HDTV cost $1,500 and that an HD game doesn't look good on an SDTV. I scrolled and glance through some of the other paragraphs and saw he complained about the paradigms scene, which is another dumb complaint, imo, since you leave yourself open in the other games as well when you're going to cast a spell. It seems he just nitpicks and tries to hate everything about it.

The only person I've seen that actually gave good constructive criticism of the game was Kyliedog...as usual.

Mirson said:
@Xen, not really. Like I said in my previous post, his rant was poorly done and made false or weak claims to support his views like saying an HDTV cost $1,500 and that an HD game doesn't look good on an SDTV. I scrolled and glance through some of the other paragraphs and saw he complained about the paradigms scene, which is another dumb complaint, imo, since you leave yourself open in the other games as well when you're going to cast a spell. It seems he just nitpicks and tries to hate everything about it.

The only person I've seen that actually gave good constructive criticism of the game was Kyliedog...as usual.

HDTV is simply unresearched stuff... and as a man that was played it on an SDTV first, HDTV later (my trophies have a year gap, haha), I can agree... it's pretty much unreadble in SD as well as meh-looking. Parashifts do get annoying after hours ingame, considering all you do is battle.

I don't think he's a random hater...

Mirson said:

Ugh, how is the paradigm scene in any way a dumb complaint?  in a game where timing is everything and a split second delay could mean the difference between yet another death or managing to survive, having that small amount of lost time will result in frustration.  I cannot tell you how many times I died during a paradigm shift animation because I was temporarily unable to defend myself, heal, or put up a sentinel.  

This is the kind of minor tweak that should have been caught in the testing phase and the fact that they kept it in means it was a deliberate decision they kept in for a reason.  It would have taken one coder an hour to fix it, but no...they chose to keep it.  That's bad design that results in cheap deaths and frustration.  

*Edit* I also need to point out that your assertion that my claim that an HDTV costs 1500 bucks was bogus is also bogus.  I was talking about in early 2010, in canada, where I live.  the cheapest one I could get around here at the time was 1299.99, and that was a 36 inch LCD screen, anything 40 inches or more was 1400+, and when you factor in Ontarian Tax (which I think was 14% at the time, it's 13% now), that's over 1500 dollars. Stop with the accusations of ignorance, just because I have an opinion that is different from yours or different from the majority doesn't mean I'm wrong or that I'm just making bold, ignorant claims. 

My Console Library:

PS5, Switch, XSX

@Xen, his rant came off like that which is why I simply ignored the majority of it. As for the HDTV, what I'm saying is they don't cost $1,500, not even last year. It's false.

@runa, I never had any problems like that. To me, it added a little bit of tension and made you think when to shift.

Mirson said:
His rant came off like that which is why I simply ignored the majority of it. As for the HDTV, what I'm saying is they don't cost $1,500, not even last year. It's false.

I wonder what people thought of mine then

*brrrrrrrrrrrrr*