By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [POLL] Has Final Fantasy XIII disappointed you?

Tagged games:

Has Final Fantasy XIII disappointed you?

Not at all. I enjoyed it ... 121 27.75%

A bit. Liked it but not a... 130 29.82%

I was so disappointed tha... 185 42.43%

Total:436

Dear all,

I can't get proper sleep ever since the hatewave against FFXIII has begun. So I wanted to check : what did you think of Final Fantasy XIII ?

My objective here is to create a Final Fantasy Satisfaction Index (FFSI) to counter the general feeling that FFXIII has disappointed the fans.

Around the Network

Worst Final Fantasy game I have ever played and probably the least interesting JRPG (but not the absolute worst) I have ever played.

If you find yourself having sleep problems due to opinions of people you don't know I suggest you grow a pair.

It was ok game for me. I enjoyed playing it but then again i consider jrpg to be equivalent of interactive book so i wasn't pissed by some things people usually mention.
And i don't get hate it gets for linear map. FFX had same linearity in it and people still consider it one of best parts.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

You'd be a fool to be disappointed I think. The Final Fantasy franchise has always been about a new approach with every new iteration so if you have any kinds of expectations you are very wrong. The only thing you can expect is a quality game on every level and FFXIII was just that. You may not like the game but that's another story.

Chrizum said:
Worst Final Fantasy game I have ever played and probably the least interesting JRPG (but not the absolute worst) I have ever played.

If you find yourself having sleep problems due to opinions of people you don't know I suggest you grow a pair.

I do sleep it was just a PR stunt :) But I'm still very worried about the future of the series and pissed of by trolling some 'professional' journalists do (I have no issues with other players' opinion of course), that's why I want to now. My Final Fantasy Satisfaction Index might end up a Final Fantasy Disappointment Index, but I must know. Please take the poll (I took time do decide on the responses) if you have time, although I think I can already add one to the 3rd one (sob).

Around the Network

It was a terrible game and I was very disappointed with it. I had high hopes for the game, but I really regretted buying it.

What makes it even worse is everytime I look at my PS3 I have to see this! Though I do like the design the game is terrible. Good thing Lightning was the only character I didn't mind. (The others I wanted to strangle, especially that annoying Hope)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

It disappointed me because I didn't feel it had the polish I've come to expect from a Final Fantasy game. It seemed to me they spent tons of time fine tuning the combat system and the game's graphics and went with the bare minimum for the rest.

Only hunts as sidequests, basic level design, the only area you can revisit is that big plain (already forgot the name), practically no NPCs to talk to, a big chunk of the story is hidden in your game menu, an interesting main vilain... all of this drags the quality of the game down.

Signature goes here!

smbu2000 said:

It was a terrible game and I was very disappointed with it. I had high hopes for the game, but I really regretted buying it.

What makes it even worse is everytime I look at my PS3 I have to see this! Though I do like the design the game is terrible. Good thing Lightning was the only character I didn't mind. (The others I wanted to strangle, especially that annoying Hope)

I can arrange that! How much do you want to resell it!? I actually considered buying it at some point but the shop had it for 600€ OMG I was disgusted!

There is an option missing. I finished the game even though I hated every piece of it, just for the completition sake.

Now it's resting in my basement wating to be discovered again by the humans in three-hundred years, so they can see how bad XIII was, in comparison to Final Fantasy XXX, which they will be playing by that time.

updated: 14.01.2012

playing right now: Xenoblade Chronicles

Hype-o-meter, from least to most hyped:  the Last Story, Twisted Metal, Mass Effect 3, Final Fantasy XIII-2, Final Fantasy Versus XIII, Playstation ViTA

bet with Mordred11 that Rage will look better on Xbox 360.

smbu2000 said:

I'll give you 250 for it.