By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - [POLL] Has Final Fantasy XIII disappointed you?

Tagged games:

Has Final Fantasy XIII disappointed you?

Not at all. I enjoyed it ... 121 27.75%

A bit. Liked it but not a... 130 29.82%

I was so disappointed tha... 185 42.43%

Total:436
BenVTrigger said:
I really enjoyed FFXIII but it was a slight dissapointment for me and that was really only due to the lack of towns and NPC's. I though the characters were great, the combat system was fantastic and the best in the series, the graphics were top notch, and the overall plot and lore was awesome if you actually took the time to read the logbook and understand the history.

It would have reached my favorite Final Fantasy's level (FFX, FFVII) had it just added towns, NPC's, and more sidequests. Luckily FFXIII-2 looks like its adressing all that which makes me excited as hell!!!!

Witch ones exactly and why?

Around the Network

This FF just goes after FF8, FF13 got the second place.

squall was just a emo in big boy pants.

Yes. It disappointed me. I enjoyed the game a lot, and I think is one of the best games of the generation. But FF is my favourite series of all time... and FFXIII wasn't at other's FF's level.

adriane23 said:
I started the game with no expectations, got 25 hours in and realized I was expecting too much (a fun experience).

I lol'd XD

OT: I have yet to find strenght and go through chapter 11. Ironically, this is where people say that the game "opens". Meh!
Its just not fun.

radha said:
[bla bla bla...] only kids that dont know a thing about FF liked FF 13.

^^^ In fact, kids use this way of arguing. ^^^

Around the Network
Mad55 said:
selnor said:
Also to continue rant.

How the hell are the graphics amazin?

CGI was great yes. But gameplay was ok. Not even in the top 30 this gen. Character models were clunky, Environments stale and lifeless and to be frank, Extremely disappointing. Not much better ingame than say Two Worlds or Resonance Of Fate.

SE I wil burn you down. What a shame Hironobu Sakaguchis series has been destroyed like this. It must be hard for him to witness this.

You must have serious eye problems if you dont think ff13 looks incredible, two worlds and resonance of fate look like concrete compared to 13.

Also the battle system was great and if you compare it to like ff 7,8,9  or 10 tell me how it was so different all you did was select an option and press x. The same way people criticize 13 i can do to the older final fantasies for similar reasons honestly.  the battle systems in ff12 and 13 outdo any other ff in terms of being strategic in my opinion. Also I highly doubt Hironobu is sad with the current ff games i doubt he cares as well. 

Uhm, this is very subjective. I personally prefer the one in FF 8, even with that annoying draw for magic.

I was so disappointed that I did not finish the game. I wanted to like it, and I even spent at least 12 hours playing the game trying to force myself to like it. But after a while, I just couldn't get myself to pick up the game anymore. I'm not saying this game is horrible, it's just that I'm very picky with games. I've probably only beaten 1/3 of the games I've started. For me, a game has to either have great gameplay or a great story to get me to play it. Both would be nice, but if a game has one of these i'll probably like it. IMO, FFXIII had neither.

Gameplay: (from what I played)
FFXIII doesn't really feel much like an RPG. It is completely linear and I always felt like I was doing missions or stages, rather than exploring places...especially because you could actually see the enemies and clear out a place. FFXIII doesn't allow the sort of freedom that makes an RPG an RPG. The whole time I felt like I was playing a game that was disguised as an RPG, but was actually an adventure game with a weird combat system. And so, since I could only look at it as an adventure game, the gameplay was pretty lame IMO.

STORY: (from what I played)
While the story isn't necessarily bad, it definitely is not good. I couldn't really understand it at first until I went online and read some back story. That should not be required...especially in an FFX game. And the characters were just plain annoying. I seriously did not like a single main character. I don't even know how that is possible when there are quite a few of them. I found it very strange when I actually found myself wanting to skip the cutscenes. For me, the cutscenes are a hugely important part in any RPG... i usually feel like i'm working my way just to see the next one. If the cutscenes weren't so pretty, I probably would have skipped some.

So yeah, that's basically why I did not like the game.

Mad55 said:
selnor said:
Also to continue rant.

How the hell are the graphics amazin?

CGI was great yes. But gameplay was ok. Not even in the top 30 this gen. Character models were clunky, Environments stale and lifeless and to be frank, Extremely disappointing. Not much better ingame than say Two Worlds or Resonance Of Fate.

SE I wil burn you down. What a shame Hironobu Sakaguchis series has been destroyed like this. It must be hard for him to witness this.

You must have serious eye problems if you dont think ff13 looks incredible, two worlds and resonance of fate look like concrete compared to 13.

Also the battle system was great and if you compare it to like ff 7,8,9  or 10 tell me how it was so different all you did was select an option and press x. The same way people criticize 13 i can do to the older final fantasies for similar reasons honestly.  the battle systems in ff12 and 13 outdo any other ff in terms of being strategic in my opinion. Also I highly doubt Hironobu is sad with the current ff games i doubt he cares as well. 

It's different precisely because you choose an option before pressing X. I think the battle system in FFXIII was interesting but I much prefer choosing every single action myself.

Signature goes here!

@Lostplanet22

I litteraly liked every single character in the game. I loved Snow for haveing that desire to want to be a hero, no matter what. It was admirable in him how hard he tried. I loved Lightning because she was so tough and strong on the outside but inside her she still had strong emotions and cared for her companions. I loved Hope even though at first I thought he was annoying I quickly realized he had a complex set or problems and blamed Snow for his mothers death mostly because he just couldn't let her go himself. I loved Fang because...........well she has a badass summon and is hot and has a cool accent lol. And Saz had great comedic relief and had one of the most emotional scene in the entire game where he nearly killed Vanille.

I thought it was a pretty great game actually and don't understand the hate at all. I think these characters are pretty damn compelling.

BenVTrigger said:
@Lostplanet22

I litteraly liked every single character in the game. I loved Snow for haveing that desire to want to be a hero, no matter what. It was admirable in him how hard he tried. I loved Lightning because she was so tough and strong on the outside but inside her she still had strong emotions and cared for her companions. I loved Hope even though at first I thought he was annoying I quickly realized he had a complex set or problems and blamed Snow for his mothers death mostly because he just couldn't let her go himself. I loved Fang because...........well she has a badass summon and is hot and has a cool accent lol. And Saz had great comedic relief and had one of the most emotional scene in the entire game where he nearly killed Vanille.

I thought it was a pretty great game actually and don't understand the hate at all. I think these characters are pretty damn compelling.

The problem is that they are too stereotypical that they're easy to predict. That is quite annoying.