By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 grabs 20%+ of the market !

Branko2166 said:
azzer100 said:
hunter_alien said:
finalsquall said:
I know home will be used by more people and used more frequently. Wii fit is a FAD. It will be no different if you brought the AB king Pro and used it for a week. That is Wii fit. People often buy things they have god intentions of using to get fit than they don;t. I know I have the ab king pro and I don't use it anymore :P

Totally agree . WiiFit is yet a nother Wii Sports . Extremly lite on content , and something that people buy from an impulse . Home on the other hand has the chance to become the next user monster . IMO the ammount of Home users will pass the ammount of WoW and maybe even XBL users untill Q1 09 ...

Oh ok so then WiiFit is just another Wii Sports. Is this the same Wii Sports that has helped the Nintendo Wii kick severn kinds of shit out of the PS3? Is this the same Wii Sports that has become a bit of a phenominom? Is this the same Wii Sports that has brought gaming to the masses and casuals?

Face it, some people are scared of WiiFit and what it could potentially do to the sales of the PS3.

You are thinking too short term my friend. One year of great sales does not ass kicking make. When we get a clearer picture in a couple of years time then we can make such statements

So now your saying Sony domination starts with Home?

I have no idea how successful home will end up becoming, neither do you. So why are you pretending that you do? The fact is that WiiFit has already proven itself to be successful, far more succesfull than many a sony fanboy thought or wanted and home as yet to prove itself.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

Around the Network
azzer100 said:
Branko2166 said:
azzer100 said:
hunter_alien said:
finalsquall said:
I know home will be used by more people and used more frequently. Wii fit is a FAD. It will be no different if you brought the AB king Pro and used it for a week. That is Wii fit. People often buy things they have god intentions of using to get fit than they don;t. I know I have the ab king pro and I don't use it anymore :P

Totally agree . WiiFit is yet a nother Wii Sports . Extremly lite on content , and something that people buy from an impulse . Home on the other hand has the chance to become the next user monster . IMO the ammount of Home users will pass the ammount of WoW and maybe even XBL users untill Q1 09 ...

Oh ok so then WiiFit is just another Wii Sports. Is this the same Wii Sports that has helped the Nintendo Wii kick severn kinds of shit out of the PS3? Is this the same Wii Sports that has become a bit of a phenominom? Is this the same Wii Sports that has brought gaming to the masses and casuals?

Face it, some people are scared of WiiFit and what it could potentially do to the sales of the PS3.

You are thinking too short term my friend. One year of great sales does not ass kicking make. When we get a clearer picture in a couple of years time then we can make such statements

So now your saying Sony domination starts with Home?

I have no idea how successful home will end up becoming, neither do you. So why are you pretending that you do? The fact is that WiiFit has already proven itself to be successful, far more succesfull than many a sony fanboy thought or wanted and home as yet to prove itself.

No , PS3 domination will come afther Home , MGS4 , FFXIII , KZ2 comes ... in other words , afther the main software base will arrive . Also , I personally dont think that the PS3 will ever reach the Wii , but I do think that the PS3 will become the major 3rd party device untill 09 . No , I dont think , I knwo it . Also , sooner or later Japan will want next-gen graphics to , and the 360 wont be their first choice . Others seems to be allready sold over the PS3 , so no problem there . With 2 out of the 3 big markets , and having a stable stand even in the US , major developers like EA , Ubisoft , Activision-Blizzard and others will soon realise that the PS3 is the way to got .

Most hardcore gamers will notn stay with the Wii alone , and allways want a technologically next-gen sistem , and they will have to choose between the 360 and PS3 ... seeing this holiday season , and what a simple price cut can do , with having the weakest software lineup , Im shure that the PS3 will rise pretty damn fast above the 360 ... 

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I wish the Sony enthusiast could get it strait just when exactly Sony domination will begin.

^^

Easy for you to say with your system 10 million ahead.

I have a challenge for you. Try watching a DVD movie in your Wii.

Why would I want to watch a DVD on my Wii when I can buy a top of the line DVD player for $20?

That same DVD player put into the Wii could easily add more than $20 to the production cost of the Wii and would have significantly cut down on its lifespan just as using your PS3 as a Blu-Ray player significantly cuts down on its lifespan.

The only time putting a multimedia device in a console made sense was last generation when everyone wanted a DVD player but couldn't afford one.

Around the Network
coolestguyever said:
^^

Easy for you to say with your system 10 million ahead.

I have a challenge for you. Try watching a DVD movie in your Wii.

¿Do you know that nobody is selling the Wii like a DVD player?

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Why would I want to watch a DVD on my Wii when I can buy a top of the line DVD player for $20?

That same DVD player put into the Wii could easily add more than $20 to the production cost of the Wii and would have significantly cut down on its lifespan just as using your PS3 as a Blu-Ray player significantly cuts down on its lifespan.

The only time putting a multimedia device in a console made sense was last generation when everyone wanted a DVD player but couldn't afford one.

Speak for yourself.

Besides,  using "everyone" in any context is the same as someone saying that the PS3 is infinately more fun than something else.  It's a matter of persective, and there's very little you can say that would equate to "everyone" or "all the time."  I suppose I should start a thread with the title: "Girl Gamer Elite says everyone was too poor to buy DVD players."  Because that's how Sony is being treated lately by people like you posting in a Sony PS3 discussion thread when it's clear you don't have a desire to own one.  Trolling.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

about the originalk post :

20% market share means nothing ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
about the originalk post :

20% market share means nothing ...

I wouldn't say it means nothing.  If the market share is increasing, it means someone's market share is decreasing.

It seems the mods need help with this forum.  I have zero tolerance for trolling, platform criticism (Rule 4), and poster bad-mouthing (Rule 3.4) and you will be reported.

Review before posting: http://vgchartz.com/forum/rules.php

Andir said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:

Speak for yourself.

Besides,  using "everyone" in any context is the same as someone saying that the PS3 is infinately more fun than something else.  It's a matter of persective, and there's very little you can say that would equate to "everyone" or "all the time."  I suppose I should start a thread with the title: "Girl Gamer Elite says everyone was too poor to buy DVD players."  Because that's how Sony is being treated lately by people like you posting in a Sony PS3 discussion thread when it's clear you don't have a desire to own one.  Trolling.

Talk about splitting hairs and semantics. DVDs actually had a demand when the PS2 came out. Blu-Ray still doesn't even have a fraction of the demand DVD did at that time. The PS3 was part of the ploy to create a demand for the Blu-Ray and feed a fledgling demand at the same time. Blu-Ray on the PS3 is a bad attempt at product synergy, DVD on the PS2 was just a win win with no strings attatched.

My desire to own something has no bearing on a relavant fact when it emerges. Blu-Ray lacks demand and it lacks economy. People wanted DVD, most people are waiting out the HD format wars. There's a difference between providing an additional service which is most desired and trying to force a new format at a consequential expenditure.