By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 grabs 20%+ of the market !

>@slorgenet
>Don't be too sure. $399/399EUR is a mass market price - in inflation-adjusted >currency, that's about $299/299EUR in 2000, when the PS2 launched.

Not sure what country you live in but over the last few years prices for electronic devices did go down or kept the price tag (but feature enhanced) even inflation-adjusted and didnt get more expensive ...

>Now that HDTVs are finally affordable, the PS3 is going to be the Blu-Ray player of >choice.

Unfortunately, most HDTVs are not bought with high def video in mind but due to larger and flat display panels. Its still open if the industry will succeed with selling the same content at a higher price twice .... (higher resolution is just a bonus if you are not a tech freak after all)
Unless there are no entry level bluray players which can compete with a $30 price tag dvd player, hddvd or bluray will have years to come until they are able to replace dvd media

> The PS3 will make up most of the ground during 2008's holiday season, >when > all its big >games are out, and another price drop hits (down to $299/299EUR).

That would mean that PS3 would have to sell as much as it did last year (around 7M/year or 125000/week average) PLUS at least the sales per week that the competing consoles do. I wonder if the PS3 will ever be able to continously sell at least 125000/week more while it never managed to that in 2007 for a reasonable period of time ......

Around the Network
finalsquall said:
I know home will be used by more people and used more frequently. Wii fit is a FAD. It will be no different if you brought the AB king Pro and used it for a week. That is Wii fit. People often buy things they have god intentions of using to get fit than they don;t. I know I have the ab king pro and I don't use it anymore :P

Totally agree . WiiFit is yet a nother Wii Sports . Extremly lite on content , and something that people buy from an impulse . Home on the other hand has the chance to become the next user monster . IMO the ammount of Home users will pass the ammount of WoW and maybe even XBL users untill Q1 09 ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

I would think Sony fans would be be careful tossing the word 'Fad' around these days.

I am a Gauntlet Adventurer.

I strive to improve my living conditions by hoarding gold, food, and sometimes keys and potions. I love adventure, fighting, and particularly winning - especially when there's a prize at stake. I occasionally get lost inside buildings and can't find the exit. I need food badly. What Video Game Character Are You?

Mega Man 9 Challenges: 74%

Waltz Tango Jitterbug Bust a move Headbanging
Bunny Hop Mr. Trigger Happy Double Trouble Mr. Perfect Invincible
Almost Invincible No Coffee Break Air Shoes Mega Diet Encore
Peacekeeper Conservationist Farewell To Arms Gamer's Day Daily Dose
Whomp Wiley! Truly Addicted! Truly Hardcore! Conqueror Vanquisher
Destroyer World Warrior Trusty Sidearm Pack Rat Valued Customer
Shop A Holic Last Man Standing Survivor Hard Rock Heavy Metal
Speed Metal Fantastic 9 Fully Unloaded Blue Bomber Eco Fighter
Marathon Fight Quick Draw G Quick Draw C Quick Draw S Quick Draw H
Quick Draw J Quick Draw P Quick Draw T Quick Draw M Quick Draw X

i dont think wii fit was intended to be the wii fit board's main game. i think it was just to showcase the wii fit boards capabilities. the board will obviously be used more in games and stuff. same with the eyetoy. it came out wiht very light software just to show of the camera, now more and more games use the actual eyetoy.

What they need is XMB navigation using the PSEye. It would be easy, I would think, and would be a pretty nice feature for movie fans.

Around the Network

PS3 is doing fine in Europe hardware wise but the most important thing for me is software. We really buy games. PS3 goes head to head with X360 right now. I believe soon PS3 will outsell X360's soft constantly.

I have a good laugh when people keep saying -"it's nothing because it's Christmas time, wait till February and you will see the failure"...  no, there won't be any failure. The biggest PS3 booster will hit in April but January, February and March looks awesome too -  Burnout, GT5PR, DMC4 (I believe this game will surprise people - it will sell the most of all parts), Haze etc.

It's worth to mention Just_Ben who spot the swing back in November. 

hunter_alien said:
finalsquall said:
I know home will be used by more people and used more frequently. Wii fit is a FAD. It will be no different if you brought the AB king Pro and used it for a week. That is Wii fit. People often buy things they have god intentions of using to get fit than they don;t. I know I have the ab king pro and I don't use it anymore :P

Totally agree . WiiFit is yet a nother Wii Sports . Extremly lite on content , and something that people buy from an impulse . Home on the other hand has the chance to become the next user monster . IMO the ammount of Home users will pass the ammount of WoW and maybe even XBL users untill Q1 09 ...

Oh ok so then WiiFit is just another Wii Sports. Is this the same Wii Sports that has helped the Nintendo Wii kick severn kinds of shit out of the PS3? Is this the same Wii Sports that has become a bit of a phenominom? Is this the same Wii Sports that has brought gaming to the masses and casuals?

Face it, some people are scared of WiiFit and what it could potentially do to the sales of the PS3.

call me Aaronbunny!

Wii code: 6993 4542 2457 6182. plz add me Im a wiily gd friend

No you guys are scared of the ps3, you know if sony takes off they wont die down, and you know nintendo would lose again if that were to happen.

mM

Leo-J how much of that is blind hope and how much of it is fear of the contrary? You can start rejoicing when the PS3's software sales match the hardware increase otherwise the PS3 still faces the future possibility of PSP syndrome. ;)

I hope you're not angling to get banned again. Kids these days are so exciteable, when the PS3 passes the 360 in over all sales two years from now (assuming these sales continue), then you can rejoice, until then, don't you think its a bit premature.

azzer100 said:
hunter_alien said:
finalsquall said:

Oh ok so then WiiFit is just another Wii Sports. Is this the same Wii Sports that has helped the Nintendo Wii kick severn kinds of shit out of the PS3? Is this the same Wii Sports that has become a bit of a phenominom? Is this the same Wii Sports that has brought gaming to the masses and casuals?

Face it, some people are scared of WiiFit and what it could potentially do to the sales of the PS3.

You are thinking too short term my friend. One year of great sales does not ass kicking make. When we get a clearer picture in a couple of years time then we can make such statements