By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will the PS2 make it one more time and outsell the 360 for one Week in Japan?

PS2 outselling 360 in Japan for one week again?

Yes! 57 81.43%

No! 7 10.00%

FF Versus XIII! 6 8.57%

Total:70

It looks like it will beat 360 until the PS2 is discontinued. Which is still rumored to never happen ;) lol

Around the Network
NYANKS said:
It looks like it will beat 360 until the PS2 is discontinued. Which is still rumored to never happen ;) lol

Famitsu stopped tracking the PS1 after 9 years. The PS2 is still being tracked after 11 years.

homer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
long live PS2! but is this the end?

No. The ps2 will forver remain in your heart. Not mine though. I was a Gamecube kind of guy. Long live the GCN!

Shitty gaymcube with like 3 good games, nah long live PS2. I just started playing Godhand on it and it's so much fun.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.

i wonder if they will discontinue PS2 when PS4 is announced.. probably NOT lol.
Sony said they will ship 6 million PS2s this year.. Krazy...

Owner of PS1/PSOne , PS2 phat/slim  , PS3 phat/slim , PS Eye+Move and PSP phat/slim/brite/go (Sony)

The Official PS Vita Thread! Get all your latest PS Vita news here! Come join us!

zolt said:

PS2 outsold 360 for the last two weeks in Japan.

I never would've bet on that happening. My take is, either retailers have started to pull out the X360 from displays or people are waiting for the Gears of War bundle. It's sold out at various websites including Amazon Japan.

Around the Network
reviniente said:
zolt said:

I never would've bet on that happening. My take is, either retailers have started to pull out the X360 from displays or people are waiting for the Gears of War bundle. It's sold out at various websites including Amazon Japan.

There's also a Monster Hunter Frontier Online bundle one week after the Gears of War 3 bundle.

zolt said:
reviniente said:
zolt said:

There's also a Monster Hunter Frontier Online bundle one week after the Gears of War 3 bundle.

Spanking!

demonfox13 said:
homer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

No. The ps2 will forver remain in your heart. Not mine though. I was a Gamecube kind of guy. Long live the GCN!

Shitty gaymcube with like 3 good games, nah long live PS2. I just started playing Godhand on it and it's so much fun.

You just mad because your mommy bought you a playstation 2 when you wanted a GCN for Christmas. :P

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

homer said:
demonfox13 said:
homer said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

You just mad because your mommy bought you a playstation 2 when you wanted a GCN for Christmas. :P

Why would I want a Gamecube when I had a PS2 with Zone of the Enders 1 and 2, FF X, GTA San Andreas (probably best GTA in series), Jak and Daxter series, MGS 2 and 3, KH 1 and 2, DMC trilogy (3 being the best), GoW 2 and 3, etc, etc, etc. The one game I wanted at one point on the Gamecube came to the PS2 anyways (viewtiful joe). And fyi, I bought my PS2 little boy. I been gaming since the Atari 2600 (age 3 or 4 cannot remember), having owned most of the systems out throughout the generations, and I take pride in calling myself a gamer. To me the N64 pretty much got it right minus the archaic cartridge format (ps1 and dreamcast still better) while the gamecube had very little worth mentioning (RE revival is a prime example, while Twin Snakes ruined it by making it too damn easy). Sadly the gamecube had more potential than the ps2 and challenged the original Xbox, yet never delivered. Seriously what they had shown us on Zelda's side and they bring out that trash Windwaker?!?!?! C'mon, the combat was ok at best, but the visuals were absolute garbage. From a gamer to another gamer, you know what would have worked for visuals if they wanted to try something out of the ordinary? Something of the style of either A: Okami, or B: El Shaddai. From a marketing perspective you cannot show your audience the tech demo (which nearly made me buy a gamecube day 1) and release some crap like windwaker. Shit, I would have been happy if they rereleased Majora's Mask or even OOT with the tech demo visuals.

Make games, not war (that goes for ridiculous fanboys)

I may be the next Maelstorm or not, you be the judge http://videogamesgrow.blogspot.com/  hopefully I can be more of an asset than a fanboy to VGC hehe.