By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 will be last place this Holiday Season.

kickazz113 said:

right now ps3 is having bigger impact of sale

We're talking about what's going to happen this holiday, not what's happening right now. The PS3 has been selling more due to a constant release of exclusives while the 360 hasn't. Come this holiday the 360 will likely sell more due to its exclusives selling more than the PS3's exclusives. The Wii is more of a wild card. Every year it seems to win holiday. It's bound to lose eventually, but I don't know if that will happen this holiday.

Around the Network
Zlejedi said:
FattyDingDong said:

I think PS3 will be last place this holiday season. Because Microsoft will advertise Kinect and Gears Of War 3, Xbox is outseling ps3 every week in America it will continue till at least 2013. There is nothing Sony can do to change that, if sony cuts the ps3's price to 199$  Microsoft will do the samething.

What do you gamers think?

For Australia, they should have put "Here be shrimp on the barbie" because Americans quote that to us so much, despite only one Australian in history ever saying it.

kickazz113 said:
arcane_chaos said:
kickazz113 said:
arcane_chaos said:
kickazz113 said:

im EMEEA they sold pretty much the same, and yes gear is manly for americans. and dont you know you can get the free code easily>??????? ppl i know already got them. are you trying to act like more ppl like gear??? cuz its not true. sale means nothing, nintendo ds sold more than xbox and ps3 so??? its isnt bigger, only sale wise, you act like gear is bigger than uc in every catergroy which its not true

dude, just relax man

I'm saying gears is bigger sales wise(like I said before)...Gears of war has seperately and together have sold more than any Uncharted title. if Gear 2 could do great in america and yet match U2's numbers in EMEEA then UC3 might not have much to stand on(unless you count japan which niether games had blockbuster sales)

and again Gears wasn't compeletely open to the public, it's not like the UC3 beta where you could just turn on your sytem and download the beta from the store..you had had to atleast go to gamestop to get the beta or buy bulletstorm, you couldn't get it  if you pre-order off at like amazon, fye, or other local gaming stores

and again, you logic is flawed, of course the DS is bigger than both the PS3 and 360, again you are mixing up bigger and better, I agree sales mean nothing(to an extent), BUT they do show us what's more popular than the other. personally my DS(well my now my 3DS) is my most played system this gen

look, you can say UC3 has more HYPE than Gears, you can say Uncharted is BETTER than Gears, but I find it hard to prove a lesser selling game to be BIGGER than a better selling game(atleast in this case) both games have a huge amount of hype...deal with it.

thats doesnt even make any scense......so you said if B game sold better that mean its bigger than A game in EVERY CATORY, even tho more ppl like A game and it got better score and hype. and how is ds bigger than ps3 and xbox??? wtf??? are u serious???? evey one i know and most ppl play hardcore game on ps3 and xbox!!!!!! how is ds bigger???

@bolded: when did I say that? I have said multiple times that I have been talking from a sales perspective. and I've also said multiple times that  BIGGER SALES DOESN'T MEAN IT'S THE BETTER GAME.

what are you not getting, your supposed harcore games and hardcore gamers mean nothing in OVERALL popularity, just because you and a small amount of your friends play "hardcore" games does not speak for the general public.

and yes the DS is more popular than the PS3 and 360, the DS has sold nearly 150 mil compared to the the 360(55 mil)) and PS3(52 mil)

are you even reading what I'm typing?

I KNOW but you sound if C game sold more than D game, ppl like C game better like ds vs xbox/ps3

??? I'm sorry you need to speak in complete sentences to be understood better...

@bolded: where did I say that...l just said the bigger selling game doesn't mean it's better, I don't understand how I "sound" like that when I've stated this multiple times -_-

and yes just because the DS has sold more doesn't mean everyone who has one thinks it the greatest system available, but it does mean it's popularity is probably much greater.

dude, lets end this, and just agree to disagree

Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

right now ps3 is having bigger impact of sale

We're talking about what's going to happen this holiday, not what's happening right now. The PS3 has been selling more due to a constant release of exclusives while the 360 hasn't. Come this holiday the 360 will likely sell more due to its exclusives selling more than the PS3's exclusives. The Wii is more of a wild card. Every year it seems to win holiday. It's bound to lose eventually, but I don't know if that will happen this holiday.

the only reason xbox can beat ps3 its kinect, since there are wayyy more casual gamers like u said. games like gear and unchart wont be that big of factors

kickazz113 said:

the only reason xbox can beat ps3 its kinect, since there are wayyy more casual gamers like u said. games like gear and unchart wont be that big of factors

I agree mostly.

Around the Network
BHR-3 said:
highly doubt it %100 confident aswell

Kinect has done nothing since last year to help 360 outsell the ps3 the past what 7 months? where are its shipment numbers they madea big deal bout fastest selling HW ever stuck at 10M? what makes you think it will for the last 2-3 months of this year more adverts? im sorry to tell you and the others but there wont be as much adverts plus hype as last yr not even close

the only thing i can see happening with MS is it outselling it during sept till about mid-early nov with gears and price cut i believe ms will cut during sep this with gears should be able to do that, luckily UC3 comes out in nov and i believe around this time sony will cut along with a few great multis releasing during this time i believe it will have the edge for Nov-Dec or the holidays

ps3s last price cut sparked up sales in NA its defiantly going to own in the other two regions even with the tiniest of price cut

big multi plat releases this year will help as FPS like MW and BF also release on PS3 with the ability of free online play

if it goes to $199 which is a possibility it will be gamer over no matter what the other two do

The reason kinect sales have been very slow is because there has not been much software released thus far this year(Besides Child of Eden ad UFC trainer), but Kinect sales will start to pick up once September hits.  

smroadkill15 said:
BHR-3 said:

Kinect has done nothing since last year to help 360 outsell the ps3 the past what 7 months? where are its shipment numbers they madea big deal bout fastest selling HW ever stuck at 10M? what makes you think it will for the last 2-3 months of this year more adverts? im sorry to tell you and the others but there wont be as much adverts plus hype as last yr not even close

the only thing i can see happening with MS is it outselling it during sept till about mid-early nov with gears and price cut i believe ms will cut during sep this with gears should be able to do that, luckily UC3 comes out in nov and i believe around this time sony will cut along with a few great multis releasing during this time i believe it will have the edge for Nov-Dec or the holidays

ps3s last price cut sparked up sales in NA its defiantly going to own in the other two regions even with the tiniest of price cut

big multi plat releases this year will help as FPS like MW and BF also release on PS3 with the ability of free online play

if it goes to $199 which is a possibility it will be gamer over no matter what the other two do

The reason kinect sales have been very slow is because there has not been much software released thus far this year(Besides Child of Eden ad UFC trainer), but Kinect sales will start to pick up once September hits.  

did you understand my prev comment????? not in hype and score, ppl like uncharted more than gear either you believe it or not

kickazz113 said:
smroadkill15 said:
BHR-3 said:

did you understand my prev comment????? not in hype and score, ppl like uncharted more than gear either you believe it or not

That all comes down to opinion. Both franchises are amazing. The score between both series is minimal and hype is nearly identical.