By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 will be last place this Holiday Season.

kickazz113 said:
Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

just look at wii, the most sold console. but most ppl who brought it hate it

interesting, where did you get this data?

huh??? what data?????

You seem to believe most people who bought the Wii hated it. I want to know where you got these facts.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:
Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

just look at wii, the most sold console. but most ppl who brought it hate it

interesting, where did you get this data?

huh??? what data?????

You seem to believe most people who bought the Wii hated it. I want to know where you got these facts.

every website i go all i see is ppl diss the wii and most of my friends who all have wii but they just hate it, so as most hardcore gamer does, so sale =/= people like it better

kickazz113 said:
arcane_chaos said:
kickazz113 said:

im EMEEA they sold pretty much the same, and yes gear is manly for americans. and dont you know you can get the free code easily>??????? ppl i know already got them. are you trying to act like more ppl like gear??? cuz its not true. sale means nothing, nintendo ds sold more than xbox and ps3 so??? its isnt bigger, only sale wise, you act like gear is bigger than uc in every catergroy which its not true

dude, just relax man

I'm saying gears is bigger sales wise(like I said before)...Gears of war has seperately and together have sold more than any Uncharted title. if Gear 2 could do great in america and yet match U2's numbers in EMEEA then UC3 might not have much to stand on(unless you count japan which niether games had blockbuster sales)

and again Gears wasn't compeletely open to the public, it's not like the UC3 beta where you could just turn on your sytem and download the beta from the store..you had had to atleast go to gamestop to get the beta or buy bulletstorm, you couldn't get it  if you pre-order off at like amazon, fye, or other local gaming stores

and again, you logic is flawed, of course the DS is bigger than both the PS3 and 360, again you are mixing up bigger and better, I agree sales mean nothing(to an extent), BUT they do show us what's more popular than the other. personally my DS(well my now my 3DS) is my most played system this gen

look, you can say UC3 has more HYPE than Gears, you can say Uncharted is BETTER than Gears, but I find it hard to prove a lesser selling game to be BIGGER than a better selling game(atleast in this case) both games have a huge amount of hype...deal with it.

thats doesnt even make any scense......so you said if B game sold better that mean its bigger than A game in EVERY CATORY, even tho more ppl like A game and it got better score and hype. and how is ds bigger than ps3 and xbox??? wtf??? are u serious???? evey one i know and most ppl play hardcore game on ps3 and xbox!!!!!! how is ds bigger???

@bolded: when did I say that? I have said multiple times that I have been talking from a sales perspective. and I've also said multiple times that  BIGGER SALES DOESN'T MEAN IT'S THE BETTER GAME.

what are you not getting, your supposed harcore games and hardcore gamers mean nothing in OVERALL popularity, just because you and a small amount of your friends play "hardcore" games does not speak for the general public.

and yes the DS is more popular than the PS3 and 360, the DS has sold nearly 150 mil compared to the the 360(55 mil)) and PS3(52 mil)

are you even reading what I'm typing?

arcane_chaos said:
kickazz113 said:
arcane_chaos said:
kickazz113 said:

im EMEEA they sold pretty much the same, and yes gear is manly for americans. and dont you know you can get the free code easily>??????? ppl i know already got them. are you trying to act like more ppl like gear??? cuz its not true. sale means nothing, nintendo ds sold more than xbox and ps3 so??? its isnt bigger, only sale wise, you act like gear is bigger than uc in every catergroy which its not true

dude, just relax man

I'm saying gears is bigger sales wise(like I said before)...Gears of war has seperately and together have sold more than any Uncharted title. if Gear 2 could do great in america and yet match U2's numbers in EMEEA then UC3 might not have much to stand on(unless you count japan which niether games had blockbuster sales)

and again Gears wasn't compeletely open to the public, it's not like the UC3 beta where you could just turn on your sytem and download the beta from the store..you had had to atleast go to gamestop to get the beta or buy bulletstorm, you couldn't get it  if you pre-order off at like amazon, fye, or other local gaming stores

and again, you logic is flawed, of course the DS is bigger than both the PS3 and 360, again you are mixing up bigger and better, I agree sales mean nothing(to an extent), BUT they do show us what's more popular than the other. personally my DS(well my now my 3DS) is my most played system this gen

look, you can say UC3 has more HYPE than Gears, you can say Uncharted is BETTER than Gears, but I find it hard to prove a lesser selling game to be BIGGER than a better selling game(atleast in this case) both games have a huge amount of hype...deal with it.

thats doesnt even make any scense......so you said if B game sold better that mean its bigger than A game in EVERY CATORY, even tho more ppl like A game and it got better score and hype. and how is ds bigger than ps3 and xbox??? wtf??? are u serious???? evey one i know and most ppl play hardcore game on ps3 and xbox!!!!!! how is ds bigger???

@bolded: when did I say that? I have said multiple times that I have been talking from a sales perspective. and I've also said multiple times that  BIGGER SALES DOESN'T MEAN IT'S THE BETTER GAME.

what are you not getting, your supposed harcore games and hardcore gamers mean nothing in OVERALL popularity, just because you and a small amount of your friends play "hardcore" games does not speak for the general public.

and yes the DS is more popular than the PS3 and 360, the DS has sold nearly 150 mil compared to the the 360(55 mil)) and PS3(52 mil)

are you even reading what I'm typing?

I KNOW but you sound if C game sold more than D game, ppl like C game better like ds vs xbox/ps3

kickazz113 said:
every website i go all i see is ppl diss the wii and most of my friends who all have wii but they just hate it, so as most hardcore gamer does, so sale =/= people like it better

"every website i go all i see is ppl diss the wii" 
- The internet is only a small fraction of the world. People on the internet don't represent then general population at all. You also have to consider most of the people on the internet are hardcore. The Wii is not a hardcore console. If you want to know the general opinion of Wii owners, I suggest you go somewhere where there are more casual gamers: not the internet.

"most of my friends who all have wii but they just hate it"
- Your friends are only a small faction of the world. Unless you have millions and millions of friends, then your friends don't represent the general population at   all. I assume you're a teenager and your friends are also teenagers. In that case, I would say that the Wii's appeals to all people, not just people like your   friends. The Wii appeals to little kids, old people, non-gamers, casuals, etc. Your group of friends are not a good representation of the general population.  I could say all of my friends hate the PS3/360, that wouldn't make it true for most people. 

"so as most hardcore gamer does"
- The majority of Wii owners are not hardcore.

So yes, more people like the Wii more.

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

"every website i go all i see is ppl diss the wii" 
-  The internet is only a small fraction of the world. People on the internet don't represent then general population at all. You also have to consider most of     the people on the internet are hardcore. The Wii is not a hardcore console. If you want to know the general opinion of Wii owners, I suggest you go                           somewhere where there are more casual gamers: not the internet.

"most of my friends who all have wii but they just hate it"
- Your friends are only a small faction of the world. Unless you have millions and millions of friends, then your friends don't represent the general population at   all. I assume you're a teenager and your friends are also teenagers. In that case, I would say that the Wii's appeals to all people, not just people like your   friends. The Wii appeals to little kids, old people, non-gamers, casuals, etc. Your group of friends are not a good representation of the general population.  I   could say all of my friends hate the PS3/360, that wouldn't make it true for most people. 

"so as most hardcore gamer does"
- The majority of Wii owners are not hardcore.

So yes people like the Wii more.

but you see this year both ps3 and xbox is outselling wii so that mean ppl like ps3 and xbox more now

kickazz113 said:

I KNOW but you sound if C game sold more than D game, ppl like C game better like ds vs xbox/ps3

Yes, that's true. It doesn't matter anyway because we're talking about which games will have the bigger impact this holiday. The games with the biggest impact will be the ones that sell more, regardless if people like it or not.

Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

Yes, that's true. It doesn't matter anyway because we're talking about which games will have the bigger impact this holiday. The games with the biggest impact will be the ones that sell more, regardless if people like it or not.

right now ps3 is having bigger impact of sale

kickazz113 said:

but you see this year both ps3 and xbox is outselling wii so that mean ppl like ps3 and xbox more now

This year: Yes. The Wii has been seeing little-to-no releases while both PS3 and 360 have both been recieving a constant flow of games. Obviously the PS3/360 would be more appealing than the Wii.

yeah cuz these day ppl would choose ps3/xbox as their choice of console