By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 will be last place this Holiday Season.

Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

thats doesnt even make any scense......so you said if B game sold better that mean its bigger than A game in EVERY CATORY, even tho more ppl like A game and it got better score and hype. and how is ds bigger than ps3 and xbox??? wtf??? are u serious???? evey one i know and most ppl play hardcore game on ps3 and xbox!!!!!! how is ds bigger???

What the fuck is a catory? I assume you mean 'catagory'. Catagories don't matter. Gears overall is bigger than Uncharted. That's a fact.

And yes, the DS is much bigger than both the PS3 & 360. The DS has sold nearly 150m units while both the PS3 and Xbox are hovering around 55m. 150 is bigger than 55. The DS is bigger than PS3/Xbox. That's a fact. 

Maybe in your world, PS3/Xbox is bigger, but in the real world, the Ds trumps both the PS3 and Xbox.

so you mean ppl like ds more??????

Around the Network
smroadkill15 said:
kickazz113 said:
arcane_chaos said:
kickazz113 said:

im EMEEA they sold pretty much the same, and yes gear is manly for americans. and dont you know you can get the free code easily>??????? ppl i know already got them. are you trying to act like more ppl like gear??? cuz its not true. sale means nothing, nintendo ds sold more than xbox and ps3 so??? its isnt bigger, only sale wise, you act like gear is bigger than uc in every catergroy which its not true

dude, just relax man

I'm saying gears is bigger sales wise(like I said before)...Gears of war has seperately and together have sold more than any Uncharted title. if Gear 2 could do great in america and yet match U2's numbers in EMEEA then UC3 might not have much to stand on(unless you count japan which niether games had blockbuster sales)

and again Gears wasn't compeletely open to the public, it's not like the UC3 beta where you could just turn on your sytem and download the beta from the store..you had had to atleast go to gamestop to get the beta or buy bulletstorm, you couldn't get it  if you pre-order off at like amazon, fye, or other local gaming stores

and again, you logic is flawed, of course the DS is bigger than both the PS3 and 360, again you are mixing up bigger and better, I agree sales mean nothing(to an extent), BUT they do show us what's more popular than the other. personally my DS(well my now my 3DS) is my most played system this gen

look, you can say UC3 has more HYPE than Gears, you can say Uncharted is BETTER than Gears, but I find it hard to prove a lesser selling game to be BIGGER than a better selling game(atleast in this case) both games have a huge amount of hype...deal with it.

thats doesnt even make any scense......so you said if B game sold better that mean its bigger than A game in EVERY CATORY, even tho more ppl like A game and it got better score and hype. and how is ds bigger than ps3 and xbox??? wtf??? are u serious???? evey one i know and most ppl play hardcore game on ps3 and xbox!!!!!! how is ds bigger???

lol How is this so hard to understand. I'll just put it this way if Gears series and Uncharted series had a popularity contest Gears would win. Gears is just a more well known franchise than Uncharted. Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying Gears series is better or worse, but in terms of sales and hype Gears of war is just more popular and it will sell more worldwide than Uncharted.     

so you only use sale and popularity to determind if ppl will like the game??? ooh thank i get it so that mean more people love ds and wii more than xbox/ps3

kickazz113 said:

so you mean ppl like ds more??????

Console Americas Japan EMEAA Worldwide
Nintendo DS (DS) 55.91 32.91 59.03 147.85
Microsoft Xbox 360 (X360) 32.32 1.51 20.98 54.81
Sony PlayStation 3 (PS3) 20.21 6.79 24.56 51.56

Yeah, but don't feel bad.

kickazz113 said:

so you only use sale and popularity to determind if ppl will like the game??? ooh thank i get it so that mean more people love ds and wii more than xbox/ps3

"so you only use sale and popularity to determind if ppl will like the game???" Yeah, if more people buy it, then more people liked it.

"ooh thank i get it so that mean more people love ds and wii more than xbox/ps3" Yes again.

Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

"so you only use sale and popularity to determind if ppl will like the game???" Yeah, if more people buy it, then more people liked it.

"ooh thank i get it so that mean more people love ds and wii more than xbox/ps3" Yes again.

that doesnt make any scense to me, how would ppl prefer ds over hardcore game systems and how will sale mean more ppl like it??? it just marketing skill of one company

Around the Network
kickazz113 said:

that doesnt make any scense to me, how would ppl prefer ds over hardcore game systems and how will sale mean more ppl like it??? it just marketing skill of one company

Well, if you like something, you'll buy it. Thus, if more people buy a product, then more people liked that product. Marketing is an important factor, but the actual quality of the product is much more significant. 

highly doubt it %100 confident aswell

Kinect has done nothing since last year to help 360 outsell the ps3 the past what 7 months? where are its shipment numbers they madea big deal bout fastest selling HW ever stuck at 10M? what makes you think it will for the last 2-3 months of this year more adverts? im sorry to tell you and the others but there wont be as much adverts plus hype as last yr not even close

the only thing i can see happening with MS is it outselling it during sept till about mid-early nov with gears and price cut i believe ms will cut during sep this with gears should be able to do that, luckily UC3 comes out in nov and i believe around this time sony will cut along with a few great multis releasing during this time i believe it will have the edge for Nov-Dec or the holidays

ps3s last price cut sparked up sales in NA its defiantly going to own in the other two regions even with the tiniest of price cut

big multi plat releases this year will help as FPS like MW and BF also release on PS3 with the ability of free online play

if it goes to $199 which is a possibility it will be gamer over no matter what the other two do

Play Me

Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

Well, if you like something, you'll buy it. Thus, if more people buy a product, then more people liked that product. Marketing is an important factor, but the actual quality of the product is much more significant. 

what if they brought the product and they found out that this product isnt their cup of tea??? that will be different, just look at wii, the most sold console. but most ppl who brought it hate it

kickazz113 said:

just look at wii, the most sold console. but most ppl who brought it hate it

interesting, where did you get this data?

Jay520 said:
kickazz113 said:

just look at wii, the most sold console. but most ppl who brought it hate it

interesting, where did you get this data?

huh??? what data?????