By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo First-Party 'Vastly Superior' to Microsoft, Sony

cAPSLOCK said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

it's all about taste 

Bullshit statements are always true all the time when it's, like, just my opinion man.

Wand of Gamelon is the best Zelda ever, with BY FAR the best story and gameplay in video game history.  

NAO WUT?

Not picking on you personally or anything but this general argument comes up a lot and does nothing but devolves any argument. We all have our tastes but I think it comes down in the end to separating our tastes from the discussion at hand.

Edited to reflect that. I'm not going after you, just this general avenue of argument

ok your safe.

i'll put it like this then. N64 it the best console to ever be released cause it had the best games of any gen.

i mean the gen that was PS1, N64, and Sega seems to be the most timeless gen so far. back then i could find myself on any console of that gen incomparison to this gen which i'd have to say N64, PS3, PS2, gamecube, 360, and the original xbox see me more then the Wii which  i'm still trying to find as i have no idea where it is!

theres just nothing that really stands out from Nintendo this gen, but that being said Nintendos reserves of ip stand out more then any Sony MS reserve ip i could ever name.

so while Sony currently rule this gen in inovative must have ip; Nintendo will always have wht we all know are Icons legends even, but don't think for one second that just because Nintendo has icons that i'm going to be blinded by the fact that Mario, Zelda, and Metroid arecash in's and are loseing there luster and appeal.

srry i just don't see Nintendo innovation this gen. not one must have IP. i must be one really harsh jugde to get a quote about taste vs facts.

besides i made the thread on facts. there are no facts that support either console manufacture has the better ip.

Reveiws are like taste, opinions, and hair. everybody has them some where.

P.S. check out the link in my sig. the song and vid there are just crazy must see full of funny.

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pachters got it wrong. Gears is a third party title published by Microsoft. It's not first party. Secondly the strengths of each companies games.

1. Nintendo: Has strong first party IP's that have been established for over twenty years.
2. Sony: Has strong first party IP's that have been around for over a decade and counting. Sonys strong point is that they continue to make new IP's.
3. Microsoft: Very little first party, but are strong with the third party crowd.

and i'd like to know how many people glanced at this post and shook it off.

the above post closed the thread before it opened.

Zlejedi said:

Nintendo fan 1st commandment:

"If all other argument fail play the sales card"

But as we all know MacDonald is best restaraunt in the world - just look at the number of burgers they sale ;)

lol the only argument that matters is sales because its the only factual measure we have of games haha

i guess when your systems games dont sell its gotta be tough though

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

adsl said:
Don't wory... Sometimes it't hard to people understad that one (or a few) oppions doesn't matter, only the market can say what is relevant or not.  This why I usually don't post my opinon, most of the time I only translate sales to sentes.

For example, I don't thinks Nintendo games are "Vastly" superior, for me they are "only" superior, but it doesn't matter because it's just my opinion and it doesn't reflect sales numbers.

Yeah, but you know, one day you could hurt the feelings of someone saying the truth. Sometimes, they need to dismish anything about Nintendo (or insult their fans) to feel alive.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Pachters got it wrong. Gears is a third party title published by Microsoft. It's not first party. Secondly the strengths of each companies games.

1. Nintendo: Has strong first party IP's that have been established for over twenty years.
2. Sony: Has strong first party IP's that have been around for over a decade and counting. Sonys strong point is that they continue to make new IP's.
3. Microsoft: Very little first party, but are strong with the third party crowd.

lol

Around the Network

There are arguments that cannot be won and this is one of them.

It is like asking a crowd of blind people which color is the brightest. They can make educated guesses, but there is really no way they can be correct due to the question.

Things like Brand Recognition or Sales can have concrete figures but "Vastly Superior" is about as subjective as color to a blind person.

That's just ridiculous...GM is clearly better than Ford.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

lol

the whole post i full of win so how could you miss it.

this is already a fact its on the wikipedia for console wars

Everyday I'm hustlin'.

Wii and DS owner.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so while Sony currently rule this gen in inovative must have ip; Nintendo will always have wht we all know are Icons legends even, but don't think for one second that just because Nintendo has icons that i'm going to be blinded by the fact that Mario, Zelda, and Metroid arecash in's and are loseing there luster and appeal.

srry i just don't see Nintendo innovation this gen. not one must have IP. i must be one really harsh jugde to get a quote about taste vs facts.

besides i made the thread on facts. there are no facts that support either console manufacture has the better ip.

Reveiws are like taste, opinions, and hair. everybody has them some where.

P.S. check out the link in my sig. the song and vid there are just crazy must see full of funny.

They're not losing their luster or appeal; in fact, all signs point to them being more popular than ever. 

You and I personally might not like specific things, but again, the innovation has been through the roof, and the insane sales and wide audience appeal are just proof of that. There's lots of Nintendo stuff that I didn't like this gen, some I really loved, though. Galaxy being a prime example, along with Prime 3 and its incredible controls. 

We have one important body of facts to work with: sales figures. At the end of the day, no matter our personal arguments or tastes, Nintendo has been dickpunching everyone in sales.  That's pretty cut and dry, no gray area to argue over. Compound that with the fact that Nintendo games never go down in price until years after release. 

Almost 28 million just on Mario Kart Wii, more than the top 7 Sony published PS3 games COMBINED.  1 game, 1 IP that shows up 1 time per console. 

Tastes are fine and dandy but they're not much help getting to the truth of a question. 

Did like the song and vid, thanks for the link :D