By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo First-Party 'Vastly Superior' to Microsoft, Sony

adriane23 said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
adriane23 said:

that's funny as fuck.

It was from the heart.

well while funny its also true.

Around the Network
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
cAPSLOCK said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so while Sony currently rule this gen in inovative must have ip; Nintendo will always have wht we all know are Icons legends even, but don't think for one second that just because Nintendo has icons that i'm going to be blinded by the fact that Mario, Zelda, and Metroid arecash in's and are loseing there luster and appeal.

srry i just don't see Nintendo innovation this gen. not one must have IP. i must be one really harsh jugde to get a quote about taste vs facts.

besides i made the thread on facts. there are no facts that support either console manufacture has the better ip.

Reveiws are like taste, opinions, and hair. everybody has them some where.

P.S. check out the link in my sig. the song and vid there are just crazy must see full of funny.

They're not losing their luster or appeal; in fact, all signs point to them being more popular than ever. 

You and I personally might not like specific things, but again, the innovation has been through the roof, and the insane sales and wide audience appeal are just proof of that. There's lots of Nintendo stuff that I didn't like this gen, some I really loved, though. Galaxy being a prime example, along with Prime 3 and its incredible controls. 

We have one important body of facts to work with: sales figures. At the end of the day, no matter our personal arguments or tastes, Nintendo has been dickpunching everyone in sales.  That's pretty cut and dry, no gray area to argue over. Compound that with the fact that Nintendo games never go down in price until years after release. 

Almost 28 million just on Mario Kart Wii, more than the top 7 Sony published PS3 games COMBINED.  1 game, 1 IP that shows up 1 time per console. 

Tastes are fine and dandy but they're not much help getting to the truth of a question. 

Did like the song and vid, thanks for the link :D

kool i was sure u'd like it. it was made by a VGC member.

sales are subjective and really not the best argument for quality. the main thing here is that not only did Nintendo but all third party pub's missed a huge chance with the Wii.

i've given up on Nintendo. they only have to prove me wrong with WiiU and not right like they did with the Wii. Wii is and was a novalty and not because of the casual? it was because nobody ever figured out wht to do with it. granted Nintendo did great things with the Wii, but i don't see lasting appeal. i'd like to think that a focus on new and innovative ip would be the focus for WiiU. 

we already know wht Nintendo can do with there established ip's, but i'd like to see something new from Nintnedo. theres no way Sony should have passed Nintendo in ip ownership.

its not easy to care about something you've seen/play'd for the past 25 yrs or 22 of the 27 yrs of your life. rehashing does not appeal to me. 

Releasing the familiar is fine with me but don't beat me with it. put some new in there for good measure is all i'm say'n. the droughts keep me away from Nintendo, and thats one thing they will have to fix.

Prefrence and opinions are words and only words not facts. nothing sales good because its better! products only sale because of hype, appeal, marketing, and want.

I enjoy Nintendos first party more then Sony but my opinion is Nintendo relies on 3-4 IPs every generation to sell systems while Sony continuously expands their number of franchises.

Sales don't matter but even though Nintendo doesn't take chances with new IPs that doesn't mean they lack innovation. Mario Galaxy was innovative  and making NSMB 4 player made my mom buy a Wii.

SickleSigh said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
cAPSLOCK said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so while Sony currently rule this gen in inovative must have ip; Nintendo will always have wht we all know are Icons legends even, but don't think for one second that just because Nintendo has icons that i'm going to be blinded by the fact that Mario, Zelda, and Metroid arecash in's and are loseing there luster and appeal.

srry i just don't see Nintendo innovation this gen. not one must have IP. i must be one really harsh jugde to get a quote about taste vs facts.

besides i made the thread on facts. there are no facts that support either console manufacture has the better ip.

Reveiws are like taste, opinions, and hair. everybody has them some where.

P.S. check out the link in my sig. the song and vid there are just crazy must see full of funny.

They're not losing their luster or appeal; in fact, all signs point to them being more popular than ever. 

You and I personally might not like specific things, but again, the innovation has been through the roof, and the insane sales and wide audience appeal are just proof of that. There's lots of Nintendo stuff that I didn't like this gen, some I really loved, though. Galaxy being a prime example, along with Prime 3 and its incredible controls. 

We have one important body of facts to work with: sales figures. At the end of the day, no matter our personal arguments or tastes, Nintendo has been dickpunching everyone in sales.  That's pretty cut and dry, no gray area to argue over. Compound that with the fact that Nintendo games never go down in price until years after release. 

Almost 28 million just on Mario Kart Wii, more than the top 7 Sony published PS3 games COMBINED.  1 game, 1 IP that shows up 1 time per console. 

Tastes are fine and dandy but they're not much help getting to the truth of a question. 

Did like the song and vid, thanks for the link :D

kool i was sure u'd like it. it was made by a VGC member.

sales are subjective and really not the best argument for quality. the main thing here is that not only did Nintendo but all third party pub's missed a huge chance with the Wii.

i've given up on Nintendo. they only have to prove me wrong with WiiU and not right like they did with the Wii. Wii is and was a novalty and not because of the casual? it was because nobody ever figured out wht to do with it. granted Nintendo did great things with the Wii, but i don't see lasting appeal. i'd like to think that a focus on new and innovative ip would be the focus for WiiU. 

we already know wht Nintendo can do with there established ip's, but i'd like to see something new from Nintnedo. theres no way Sony should have passed Nintendo in ip ownership.

its not easy to care about something you've seen/play'd for the past 25 yrs or 22 of the 27 yrs of your life. rehashing does not appeal to me. 

Releasing the familiar is fine with me but don't beat me with it. put some new in there for good measure is all i'm say'n. the droughts keep me away from Nintendo, and thats one thing they will have to fix.

Prefrence and opinions are words and only words not facts. nothing sales good because its better! products only sale because of hype, appeal, marketing, and want.

I enjoy Nintendos first party more then Sony but my opinion is Nintendo relies on 3-4 IPs every generation to sell systems while Sony continuously expands their number of franchises.

Sales don't matter but even though Nintendo doesn't take chances with new IPs that doesn't mean they lack innovation. Mario Galaxy was innovative  and making NSMB 4 player made my mom buy a Wii.

agreedd but but we look at there innovation from diferent veiws