By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo First-Party 'Vastly Superior' to Microsoft, Sony

cAPSLOCK said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so while Sony currently rule this gen in inovative must have ip; Nintendo will always have wht we all know are Icons legends even, but don't think for one second that just because Nintendo has icons that i'm going to be blinded by the fact that Mario, Zelda, and Metroid arecash in's and are loseing there luster and appeal.

srry i just don't see Nintendo innovation this gen. not one must have IP. i must be one really harsh jugde to get a quote about taste vs facts.

besides i made the thread on facts. there are no facts that support either console manufacture has the better ip.

Reveiws are like taste, opinions, and hair. everybody has them some where.

P.S. check out the link in my sig. the song and vid there are just crazy must see full of funny.

They're not losing their luster or appeal; in fact, all signs point to them being more popular than ever. 

You and I personally might not like specific things, but again, the innovation has been through the roof, and the insane sales and wide audience appeal are just proof of that. There's lots of Nintendo stuff that I didn't like this gen, some I really loved, though. Galaxy being a prime example, along with Prime 3 and its incredible controls. 

We have one important body of facts to work with: sales figures. At the end of the day, no matter our personal arguments or tastes, Nintendo has been dickpunching everyone in sales.  That's pretty cut and dry, no gray area to argue over. Compound that with the fact that Nintendo games never go down in price until years after release. 

Almost 28 million just on Mario Kart Wii, more than the top 7 Sony published PS3 games COMBINED.  1 game, 1 IP that shows up 1 time per console. 

Tastes are fine and dandy but they're not much help getting to the truth of a question. 

Did like the song and vid, thanks for the link :D

kool i was sure u'd like it. it was made by a VGC member.

sales are subjective and really not the best argument for quality. the main thing here is that not only did Nintendo but all third party pub's missed a huge chance with the Wii.

i've given up on Nintendo. they only have to prove me wrong with WiiU and not right like they did with the Wii. Wii is and was a novalty and not because of the casual? it was because nobody ever figured out wht to do with it. granted Nintendo did great things with the Wii, but i don't see lasting appeal. i'd like to think that a focus on new and innovative ip would be the focus for WiiU. 

we already know wht Nintendo can do with there established ip's, but i'd like to see something new from Nintnedo. theres no way Sony should have passed Nintendo in ip ownership.

its not easy to care about something you've seen/play'd for the past 25 yrs or 22 of the 27 yrs of your life. rehashing does not appeal to me. 

Releasing the familiar is fine with me but don't beat me with it. put some new in there for good measure is all i'm say'n. the droughts keep me away from Nintendo, and thats one thing they will have to fix.

Prefrence and opinions are words and only words not facts. nothing sales good because its better! products only sale because of hype, appeal, marketing, and want.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
dsage01 said:
Yeah that's cause they bundle the shit out of every game. Without those bundles there nothing. And of course the cheap price. Which doesn't seem to have effect now (losing to PS3 in Americas aka it's worst region)

First party software sales for the three companies are approximately:

Nintendo: 350 million

Microsoft: 90 million

Sony: 90 million

I didn't bother to look them up, but that's about what they are. Remove 170 million of bundled games from Nintendo's tally for ease of calculation (two games per console sold) and you still have twice as many games sold by Nintendo than either Microsoft or Sony.

Thank you for sparing me (and everyone) the trouble of replying to dsage01's nonsense.

Signature goes here!

padib said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:
cAPSLOCK said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

so while Sony currently rule this gen in inovative must have ip; Nintendo will always have wht we all know are Icons legends even, but don't think for one second that just because Nintendo has icons that i'm going to be blinded by the fact that Mario, Zelda, and Metroid arecash in's and are loseing there luster and appeal.

srry i just don't see Nintendo innovation this gen. not one must have IP. i must be one really harsh jugde to get a quote about taste vs facts.

besides i made the thread on facts. there are no facts that support either console manufacture has the better ip.

Reveiws are like taste, opinions, and hair. everybody has them some where.

P.S. check out the link in my sig. the song and vid there are just crazy must see full of funny.

They're not losing their luster or appeal; in fact, all signs point to them being more popular than ever. 

You and I personally might not like specific things, but again, the innovation has been through the roof, and the insane sales and wide audience appeal are just proof of that. There's lots of Nintendo stuff that I didn't like this gen, some I really loved, though. Galaxy being a prime example, along with Prime 3 and its incredible controls. 

We have one important body of facts to work with: sales figures. At the end of the day, no matter our personal arguments or tastes, Nintendo has been dickpunching everyone in sales.  That's pretty cut and dry, no gray area to argue over. Compound that with the fact that Nintendo games never go down in price until years after release. 

Almost 28 million just on Mario Kart Wii, more than the top 7 Sony published PS3 games COMBINED.  1 game, 1 IP that shows up 1 time per console. 

Tastes are fine and dandy but they're not much help getting to the truth of a question. 

Did like the song and vid, thanks for the link :D

kool i was sure u'd like it. it was made by a VGC member.

sales are subjective and really not the best argument for quality. the main thing here is that not only did Nintendo but all third party pub's missed a huge chance with the Wii.

You lost me at sales are subjective. The think about what cAPSLOCK says is spot on is that Nintendo's sales are compound by the quality of their games (recognized universally by both the reviews its games get and by the community at large). I mean, you may not like the games, but you can't deny their quality, that's not a subjective measure.

sales don't equal quality and sales can equal an opinion of quality, and reviews are opinions.

most gamers here on VGC say a game is good before they even get there hands on it. even Halo, Socom, and final fantasy have hit ruff patches with its fans that arn't to blinded by the name vs how much the game has changed or hasn't changed and whts new and innovative about said games.

we can do this forever but the thing we won't agree on is Nintendo games or any brand for that matter being quality as a fact; its only an opinion hins subjective.

i'll give Wii sports and resort a pass lol. 

padib said:
MARCUSDJACKSON said:

You lost me at sales are subjective. The think about what cAPSLOCK says is spot on is that Nintendo's sales are compound by the quality of their games (recognized universally by both the reviews its games get and by the community at large). I mean, you may not like the games, but you can't deny their quality, that's not a subjective measure.

sales don't equal quality and sales can equal an opinion of quality, and reviews are opinions.

most gamers here on VGC say a game is good before they even get there hands on it. even Halo, Socom, and final fantasy have hit ruff patches with its fans that arn't to blinded by the name vs how much the game has changed or hasn't changed and whts new and innovative about said games.

we can do this forever but the thing we won't agree on is Nintendo games or any brand for that matter being quality as a fact; its only an opinion hins subjective.

i'll give Wii sports and resort a pass lol. 

I never said sales = quality, reread my post please. Sales are not a subjective measure of popularity, they're quatitative fact.

Reviews are opinions, but when you mass together a lump of reviews from different angles and perspectives, you get a consensus. That's what metacritic is there for.

Wii sports is a great example where sales <> quality, which supports what we both say. However, Wii sports has a charm and tapped into innovation, a different measure from which popularity (sales) can stem.

yea sales are a quatitative fact of how good or bad the game sales

your a brite guy, but i didn't say you said sales equal quality that was just to point out bad games sale to, so games quality and sales have nothing to do with each other as good games don't always sale.

yea metacritic still a group of opinions that can either lead to a good or bad consensus or be split.

last point agreed.

It's all about personal preference. Personally my order would be Sony > Nintendo > Microsoft.

Really just depends on what types of games you like. No one studio has a bad first party. Not sure if MSFT even has one though.

Around the Network
padib said:

Thanks bud.

For the meaning of Sales in terms of the content of a game, usually high sales means that people take high interest in its content. The content could be good or bad, as we both agree, but one thing is certain is that it attracts consumers. Something in the content gives it that ability, and that something varies from game to game.

Though it may not indicate quality, it could be considered another positive force of the IP, adding to its superiority from another angle. You could call it market appeal. Quality is one, market appeal another, they can cross but also work independently.

spot on. anytime. very informative and thats why we do this right lol?

I am the Playstation Avenger.

Oh! The title had me thinking that Sony said Nintendo had a better first party than MS. LOLL

adriane23 said:

that's funny as fuck.

MARCUSDJACKSON said:
adriane23 said:

that's funny as fuck.

It was from the heart.

I am the Playstation Avenger.