By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4--How many of you guys are going to buy it on day 1?

If it is released:

Before June- No (I will be too busy at Uni)
After June- Yes

However I am waiting for an 80gb (Or another SKU with backwards compatibility) to hit Europe.

No New Model= No PS3 for me.

My PS2 broke on New Years Day (says failed to read disk with all my games, and makes a grinding sound). This means I need to buy a new PS2 to play my PS2 games.

Around the Network

I will actually probably rent this, just to see how good it is

Explosivo said:
I've never owned a MSG-game and this one will be no exception.
There aren't that many games that intrests me in a PS3 so I'll stick to my Wii.

THERE ARE A LOT OF GREATGAMES FOR THE PS3 OUT RIGHT NOW! -COD4,ASSASSIN'S CREED,F.E.A.R.,RAINBOW SIX:VEGAS,UNCHARTED:DRAKE'S FORTUNE,WARHAWK,MOTORSTORM,HIGH VELOCITY BOWLING like the Wii has,cause u bowl with controller using motion sensor thats in it,UNREAL T 3,DIRT,SKATE,etc. BUT U CANT PLAY THOSE GAMES CAUSE THEY R NEXT GEN GAMES THAT GRAPHICS CAN ONLY B ACQUIRED WITH A GAMING CONSOLE THAT CAN HANDLE THEM--Maybe u can find someone with a PS3 and play some of those games and you'll SEE!

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

DMeisterJ said:
Day 1, If I have a PS3 by then.

I think it can sell a million day one, worldwide. If it is bundled with the system in JP, it will definetly help sales, also, the game is going to sell because there isn't a whole lot to play right now, and in the summer, no games come out, so this will be the star of June, and also, in EU, they eat up anything Sony, especially good games.

Day 1 Sales:

JP: 400k
NA: 250k
EU: 300k

But I could be wrong, I'm not a psychic. :P

Your JP prediction is way too high. Even Mario Galaxy or Dragon Quest IV struggled to reach that!

@OP 

After seeing the trailer from the Playstation Store, I'm definitely buying it, although not day one. 

@failureisnotanoption: buy a new keyboard, yours clearly has a caps lock issue

Around the Network

i was going to preorder it day1 but i want to see reveiws and make sure there are no bugs in the game that will screw my ps3 up

sony and nintendo supporter

i  do not trust microsoft they screwed me over the last time with vista

I'm not a big MGS fan but this one will be in my Gamefly queue.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.