By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4--How many of you guys are going to buy it on day 1?

Yep Day 1 I'll be getting it.. Hopefully I have enough money to buy a Wii after i buy all the PS3 games

Around the Network

I'd probably like to see a review, but a first day purchase is something that I could probably do.

I will wait for the 360 version.

-UBISOFT BOYCOTT!-

Wouldn't buy it even if I had a PS3 and even if it were $20. I haven't like Metal Gear since its NES version.

misteromar mk4 said:
I will hope for the 360 version

Fixed.

Anyways, MGS4 will only sell 1 million on day 1 based on 3 (either/or) things.

1. It gets pushed back into the holidays of 08 when the PS3 install base in much larger to work with.

2. It gets WW simultaneous release, and that means Europe.

3. New MGS4 bundled PS3 in either US or EU.

Oh yeah, back on topic..... Yes, I will preorder then buy the first day. Hopefully, I don't have to work that day >_<

Around the Network

Most definitely. Every time I'm in the mall I go to Gamestop to see if I can pre-order yet. Nothing so far.

I hate Gamestop with a passion, but they're the only place I can pre-order stuff around here.

bbsin said:
misteromar mk4 said:

Fixed.

1. It gets pushed back into the holidays of 08 when the PS3 install base in much larger to work with.

Oh yeah, back on topic..... Yes, I will preorder then buy the first day. Hopefully, I don't have to work that day >_<

The E3 trailer said it would be a worldwide release, and I'm pretty sure a few others have said that as well.

I don't think the game will be able to sell 1 mil. in one day, however it will come very close, and it will definitely surpass the 1 mil. mark for the week.

I think Ryan Payton was exaggerating a bit when he made the 1 day comment. If it sells well enough in the first week, I don't see why Konami should be worried. It will definitely sell at least 4 mil. lifetime, and possibly even more, since it's the first "next-gen" Metal Gear. MGS2 sold almost 3 mil. more than MGS3 (7 mil. vs 4 mil.) and GT3 sold about 6 mil. more than GT4 (14 mil. vs 8 mil.) for this very reason. It's an old franchise wrapped in a new shiny package, which attracts more people than just the fans of the series.

makingmusic476 said:

I think Ryan Payton was exaggerating a bit when he made the 1 day comment. If it sells well enough in the first week, I don't see why Konami should be worried. It will definitely sell at least 4 mil. lifetime, and possibly even more, since it's the first "next-gen" Metal Gear. MGS2 sold almost 3 mil. more than MGS3 (7 mil. vs 4 mil.) and GT3 sold about 6 mil. more than GT4 (14 mil. vs 8 mil.) for this very reason. It's an old franchise wrapped in a new shiny package, which attracts more people than just the fans of the series.

I agree, what's the difference between 1 day sales and a week? Even if it took MGS4 2 weeks to sell a million, what would be the consequences?

This is the same guy who was giving out the most hints that MGS4 would be coming out to the 360 as well, and now the game has to sell a million in a day!

Give me a break!

smgod2 said:
gamingdevil said:
Konami said 1st day.
On topic: Count me in, it's one of my favourite series, god knows how many times i've finished MGS and MGS2 (i didn't like MGS3 that much)

dude i loved mgs3 i thought it was almost as good as mgs for the ps1, what didn't u like about it?

@RSEagle  apparently not, i just went to ebgames.com and pre-ordered (up until it asked me to pay of course at which point i canceled) killzone 2, and it was still 59.99 - taxes and shipping.

My first and favorite MGS is 3.
played 1 on gamecube 2 on ps2 and they pale in comparison to MGS3's drama.

i mean the story was damn good i beat it like 5 times now first two times by myself.
next 3 times with different groups of friends just to show them the story.

The story has so many twist and turns and the ending was superb, the speech was gold.

OT: yes i would definately pick this up, but i am disappointed that naked snake isnt the main character.
his way more cooler than solid. I was surprised to see a one eyed old man, at first it raised my hopes up and then Konami just tore it apart

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------                         iclim4 - "The Friends Thread changed my life!" (Pervert Alert!)                                            Tags? 

makingmusic476 said:
bbsin said:
misteromar mk4 said:

Fixed.

The E3 trailer said it would be a worldwide release, and I'm pretty sure a few others have said that as well.

I don't think the game will be able to sell 1 mil. in one day, however it will come very close, and it will definitely surpass the 1 mil. mark for the week.

Actually, Gran Turismo 4 sold 9.52 million - http://www.polyphony.co.jp/english/list.html

I really wouldn't trust this site for sales. At least not for older games.