By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4--How many of you guys are going to buy it on day 1?

I really have a hard time seeing MGS4 sell a million week 1, unless they are talking about a unified launch world wide... even then. It seems like it'll scrape under it.

Around the Network

Day-definitely-one!

One of the reasons I own a PStripple you know lol.

Nintendo & Sony supporter:

Consoles: Wii & PS3.

i know i'm

First day purchase for me

PSN ID: krik

Optimistic predictions for 2008 (Feb 5 2008): Wii = 20M, PS3 = 14M, X360 = 9.5M

I haven't played any of the previous gmes for more than a few minutes, and I wasn't a big fan of what I played. This one looks fun, though. If it does turn out that there is no 360 version, if this gets good reviews I'll probably pick it up a month or two after launch so I can spite Sony.

Around the Network

I think this game will get a %40-50 percent attach rate at minimum. I doubt there is a need for a 360 port for Konami to make big money.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

It's almost as if MGS4 selling 1 million WW in it's first week means it's a failure. I'm still wondering why Ryan Payton had to say day 1.

I'll be pre ordering it ASAP when it is on the schedule.

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

misteromar mk4 said:
I will wait for the 360 version.

Still a rumor, but a decent chance:

http://www.mygen.com.au/article.php?page_id=98791019672326700&se_id=29&format=2

First day, first hour, first minute.