By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Conegamer said:
This year? The way things are going I think we're looking at (no further price cuts):

PS3- 15mil
Wii-14.5mil
360- 12mil

With price cuts

PS3- 16mil
Wii-14mil
360-12.8mil

So, no matter how you look at it, PS3>Wii>360. Handhelds...DS>3DS>PSP>Vita.

Are you purposely trying to predict the PS3 high so that it can fail hard at the end of the year?

Around the Network
Jay520 said:
Conegamer said:
This year? The way things are going I think we're looking at (no further price cuts):

PS3- 15mil
Wii-14.5mil
360- 12mil

With price cuts

PS3- 16mil
Wii-14mil
360-12.8mil

So, no matter how you look at it, PS3>Wii>360. Handhelds...DS>3DS>PSP>Vita.

Are you purposely trying to predict the PS3 high so that it can fail hard at the end of the year?

Sony has final fantasy 13-2 ,ps3 japan sale will skyrocket

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Hmm,mm vgchartz seems to still be failing to count xbox 360s sold correctly. Kind of shocking in light of the recent 200k NPD debacle. Regardless, we will see next week when microsoft announces a BIG shipped number. I'm confident vgchartz will get it right eventually

Nintendo will miss their projection by about 5M, next quarterly report they will adjust it down a lot. It's looking like it will do about 9M-10M this year.

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d

kowenicki said:
Carl2291 said:
okr said:

It's ironic that out of all posts in this thread mine seems to be the strangest or most questionable one.

According to VGC data last week alone Nintendo sold over 400.000 game copies more than their next competitor as publisher (EA). A slow summer week and Nintendo sells more than double the amount of self-publsihed software than the world's 2nd most successful console/handheld publisher for that week. Another figure: In June Nintendo sold - according to VGC data - 2.7 million more games as a publisher than the #2 publisher of that month (again EA). These publisher breakdowns are available every week, but never posted in sales threads and not very popular on VGC it seems.

"Nintendo still in the lead by a country mile, as usual. Nothing has changed in the past five years."

That is what I find funny. Not your comments on SW. Nintendo's position right now is far far different than it was 4, 3... Even 2 Years ago.

The Wii JUST had a pricecut. It just had the sequel to a game that sold over 20 Million... And it's only 4,000 units infront of the PS3. The Wii is currently being overtracked. 99% of people here can see it. The Wii is currently, according to our VGChartz numbers, despite being overtracked... Still half a Million units behind the PS3 for the Year. The Wii has lost the Japanese market, hasn't outsold the Wii all Year. The Wii has lost America to the 360. The Wii has lost the EMEAA region to the PS3.

A lot of things have changed.

its pretty clear to me that the wii is heading for third in 2011 right now and is in a very steep decline.  No idea what the other guy is talking about.

The other guy is talking about sales of combined hardware and self-published software of all systems while the not-other guys are as usual  talking about hardware of consoles and debate things like which console will be in what place for the year. VGC gospel choir: "The Wii, the Wii, it's all about the Wii and its dramatic decline (and let's not forget it's overtracked)".

- Combined console/handheld hardware: Nintendo still in the lead this year - Nintendo sold 11.9 million hardware units in the first half of 2011, Sony sold 9.3 million hardware units.
- Combined published software on console/handhelds: Nintendo still in the lead this year - actually already after six months 8 million ahead of EA, 18 million ahead of Activision, 21 million ahead of Sony, 26 million ahead of Microsoft.

Even though I was told that Nintendo hardware is overtracked and that software doesn't matter in these threads, I repeat:

Nothing has changed. Nintendo is still by far the most successful company this year.

I'm sorry if my view is controversial and I apologize for not following the unwritten VGC community law of only looking at yearly/monthly hardware numbers.

As l'm always open for compromises let's just conclude that the important VGC consensus opinions on last week's sales posted in this thread are "Wii price cut effect already wearing off", "Wii will be 3rd this year (and don't forget it's overtracked)" and "Kratos still rules".

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
Conegamer said:
No, Wii won't have another price cut. Should've said that...

I reckon the PS3 will sell much better than the 360, and slightly better than the Wii, this holiday.

Nothing to back it up. Just a hunch.

Sorry just dont see it. Price cuts will not be a differentiator since they will both have basically equivalent cuts. Not 1 single difference maker game like last year with GT5 to create any game based spike.  So dont see how PS3 could even come close to have a much better holiday then the 360 and the Wii wont take off like last year come November to close the gap. Those days are over.

Any equal price cut will favor the ps3, the 360 already has a model thats 100 less and ps3 is the one comming out with the games, 360s got next to nothing this year, there's no way 360 will sell the most this year 

RolStoppable said:
oniyide said:
RolStoppable said:

They only had to replace the Wii, because they wanted a chance at good third party support. Note that I say chance, because I don't see it really happening.

Had Nintendo sticked to the mission of their revolution, then the thing could still be going strong. Not at sold out levels, but safely ahead of either HD console (not combined though). It's obvious from the 3DS lineup that Nintendo doesn't care anymore though.

If your so disatisfied with the 3DS line up, why did you even buy one?? Just curious

Because my DS (the corpulent model) had a broken R button since over two years. I managed to forego the purchase of a newer DS model time and time again until a successor was announced, so I opted for that one instead of a DS Lite, DSi or DSi XL.

that makes sense, my R button stopped working but i fixed it

angelsaremyplaything said:
thx1139 said:
Conegamer said:

I reckon the PS3 will sell much better than the 360, and slightly better than the Wii, this holiday.

Sorry just dont see it. Price cuts will not be a differentiator since they will both have basically equivalent cuts. Not 1 single difference maker game like last year with GT5 to create any game based spike.  So dont see how PS3 could even come close to have a much better holiday then the 360 and the Wii wont take off like last year come November to close the gap. Those days are over.

Any equal price cut will favor the ps3, the 360 already has a model thats 100 less and ps3 is the one comming out with the games, 360s got next to nothing this year, there's no way 360 will sell the most this year 

haha you forgot that there is plenty of room for a price cut with the Kinect+360 bundles. Those WILL make a difference, especially in the holiday season.
and please don't tell me that Halo Remake, Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 + bunch of Kinect games like Kinect Sports Season 2 and Dance Central 2 will attract less consumers than Uncharted 3, Resistance 3 and Twisted Metal (and other games I may have forgotten to mention at this point).

infamous deserves so many more sales.

Barozi said:
angelsaremyplaything said:
thx1139 said:
Conegamer said:

haha you forgot that there is plenty of room for a price cut with the Kinect+360 bundles. Those WILL make a difference, especially in the holiday season.
and please don't tell me that Halo Remake, Gears of War 3 and Forza 4 + bunch of Kinect games like Kinect Sports Season 2 and Dance Central 2 will attract less consumers than Uncharted 3, Resistance 3 and Twisted Metal (and other games I may have forgotten to mention at this point).

Everyone who cares about halo or gears has a 360 already, and no I didn't forget it just doesn't matter, there's a reason kinect sales have been droping consistently it sucks people are starting to realize there aren't any good games for it, and from what I've seen there aren't going to be anytime soon, a price cut isn't going to change that, kinect is all MS has to drive sales and it's already running out of steam, and I know you forgot about the psmove, which sales are far more stable then kinects, Sony could cut the price of the move bundle and match it and again any equal price cut will favor the ps3 because it has more features and better games and is just a better piece of hardware