By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - June NPD - X360 507k, 3DS 143k, Wii 273k, PS3 276k~ DS 386k

Something about the Xbox 360 number doesnt seem right, has VGChartz ever been that far off on a console before?

Around the Network
thx1139 said:
OK since no one offered it how about this.

They buy a PC get a 360 deal for students. I took advantage of this deal.

I saw this posted on GAF but didn't bother posting it here, nobody knows if they are counted by NPD or not... It's likely that they aren't anyway.

Carl2291 said:
thx1139 said:

I saw this posted on GAF but didn't bother posting it here, nobody knows if they are counted by NPD or not... It's likely that they aren't anyway.

Well it does end up on the receipt, so it should go through as a sale.  

thx1139 said:

And Sony is giving free PS3s with Bravias for ages now so - no...

donsterydo2 said:
thx1139 said:

And Sony is giving free PS3's with Bravias for ages now so - no...

Actually the deal with the PC is actually a good deal, and it encourages individuals to purchase the console. Personally I think that is an excellent move on microsoft's part. 

The TV deal however is pretty bad (As in not really a huge encouragement). It makes some sales, but I doubt it is really a huge system seller. 

Around the Network
Vetteman94 said:

Yeah, someone just said it was confirmed they were sales.

So if VGChartz aint tracking them (Afaik, they never tracked the PS3's given away with Bravia's), then it explains a big portion of the 200k difference I guess.

I sold my 360 with Kinect this week and I got like 50 calls in 2 days. Most of the calls I got were women who were interrested in Kinect and Dance Central... my add had DC and Kinect Sports. The demand for Kinect and 360 is huge now I expect the sales to keep getting higher as we approach the holydays.

If you think about it, after E3, Microsoft secured the casuals for sure. All the games they presented, Disney Kinect, Star Wars Kinect, Dance Central 2, Kinect Sports 2 and a bunch of AAA exclusive core games like Forza 4, Halo RE, Gears 3, Witcher and to top it off a lot of people believe that games that has the Xbox logo at the end of a commercial is exclusive to 360... go figure.

I needed the money badly and sold my Elite, will buy a Slim later this year. I hope they make a Halo bundle like the Reach one.

Carl2291 said:
Vetteman94 said:

So if VGChartz aint tracking them (Afaik, they never tracked the PS3's given away with Bravia's), then it explains a big portion of the 200k difference I guess.

How many PS3's do you think have been sold with Braviers over the years Carl?

Carl2291 said:
Vetteman94 said:

OK,  now everything makes perfect sense.  I didnt think a bunch of $50 gift card deals could drive sales that high.