By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - America's preorder charts 9th July.

wow gears is owning

Around the Network

Looks like Gears 3 will be the biggest gears yet by far. I think ultimately MW3 will have the biggest pre orders of the year. Skyrim is performing nicely as well. Battlefield 3 looks to be the biggest EA fps preorder in recent memory. Its shaping up to be a good year. Lots of good games coming out.

I have completly given up believeing Vgchartz pre-order numbers. I just simply do not believe they are accurate any more.

I still trust the console and software tracking because they are close, but simple logic tells you these numbers are wrong, just like the Nascar Wii, and Beyblade numbers.

(HI5) for Gears of War 3, gonna be big i hope & reckon! :)

BenVTrigger said:
I have completly given up believeing Vgchartz pre-order numbers. I just simply do not believe they are accurate any more.

I still trust the console and software tracking because they are close, but simple logic tells you these numbers are wrong, just like the Nascar Wii, and Beyblade numbers.

Because you dislike the lack of Forza, CEmake and the new Halo trilogy?

Around the Network
BenVTrigger said:

What do you think is wrong? I'm curious, as I've seen you post actual data from your shop before.

How come RAGE has more pre-orders than Halo CE??? It doesn't make sense.

Try Gamefly for a month and get another one free!

http://gamefly.tellapal.com/a/clk/406vc

@ non-gravity and Carl2291

My problem with the charts is just simple logic.

1st. You honestly expect me to believe Gears of War 3 doubled MW3's pre-orders this week? Give me a break. I'm a massive Gears fan and would love to see it crush MW3 but quite simply its not doubleing MW3's numbers. Not even close.

2nd. Uncharted 3 is in the middle of a massive pretty much open Beta and we don't even see a lift on its numbers? Really?

3rd. You expect me to believe games like Ghost Recon Future Soldier ( the highest selling game in the franchise is at barely over 2 million units ) Deus Ex ( A franchise with only 2 random off shoots on consoles previously and never a mainline game ) Batman Arkam City ( whose previous entry only sold 2 million units ) and Rage ( a brand new IP ) are outpreordering games like Halo CE ( whose lowest sales ever in franchise history is a RTS spin off by a totally different studeo and still managed to sell 2 million units and whose FPS entries have never sold lower than nearly 6 million units ) Forza 4 ( whose 360 versions have never sold less than 4 million ) in the 360's by far strongest territory.

Its simple logic, just like when Vgchartz had a Beyblade game as one of the most pre-ordered in the country or when Nascar Wii was pwning all the other games. The tracking is quite simply off. Again I don't mean this as a slight to the website because I think their console and software is pretty darn accurate but their pre-order methods just quite simply aren't right. Logic points to that.

BenVTrigger said:

1st. You honestly expect me to believe Gears of War 3 doubled MW3's pre-orders this week? Give me a break. I'm a massive Gears fan and would love to see it crush MW3 but quite simply its not doubleing MW3's numbers. Not even close.

2nd. Uncharted 3 is in the middle of a massive pretty much open Beta and we don't even see a lift on its numbers? Really?

3rd. You expect me to believe games like Ghost Recon Future Soldier ( the highest selling game in the franchise is at barely over 2 million units ) Deus Ex ( A franchise with only 2 random off shoots on consoles previously and never a mainline game ) Batman Arkam City ( whose previous entry only sold 2 million units ) and Rage ( a brand new IP ) are outpreordering games like Halo CE ( whose lowest sales ever in franchise history is a RTS spin off by a totally different studeo and still managed to sell 2 million units and whose FPS entries have never sold lower than nearly 6 million units ) Forza 4 ( whose 360 versions have never sold less than 4 million ) in the 360's by far strongest territory.

Its simple logic, just like when Vgchartz had a Beyblade game as one of the most pre-ordered in the country or when Nascar Wii was pwning all the other games. The tracking is quite simply off. Again I don't mean this as a slight to the website because I think their console and software is pretty darn accurate but their pre-order methods just quite simply aren't right. Logic points to that.

Well, in the case of uncharted, ps3 owners rarely preorder things. There is a decent chance Gears is outpacing MW3 because it is already being advertised and is the first major 360 game of the year. As for Halo and Forza, one is a remake just recently announced and the other only managed those sales due to heavy holiday bundling. 

ǝןdɯıs ʇı dǝǝʞ oʇ ǝʞıן ı ʍouʞ noʎ 

Ask me about being an elitist jerk

Time for hype

BenVTrigger said:

1. Gears does seem a bit strange but remember that halo reach was doing the same thing to black ops last year around this time. Although maybe last years numbers weren't accurate either, its possible. 

2. Forza just isn't the type of game that people pre order and I still don't understand why you think Halo CE is going to be so huge. Its basically just a HD remake. I doubt its high on most peoples list of priorities. After all most xbox fans have already played that game and for those who haven't its available in the games marketplace. It will sell well but why would you expect this thing to be outpacing games that have been available for preorder for months?