By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Do You Want Motion Control In Next Gen?*

Absolutely, there is nothing wrong with having motion controls and a controller like the Playstation 3 or Wii-U. There nothing wrong with have Kinect either because of the 360 controller.

Around the Network

Yes,I want a kinnect/move combo. hahahaha.

yes i want motion in my games if it can add to them not just for the sake of it. Zelda SS will prove that 1:1 controls will be fun.

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I think motion controls are here to stay. They add another dimension in gaming. Just like I think 3D will do some day, and eventually Smell-O-Vision till we finally end up at a Virtual Reality like the Holo-Deck on Star Trek.

But then I think many people would enter the 'World of Warcraft Holodeck' and never want to come out again. You fight all you want, cast spells, and never really get hurt.

I think Kinect shows the most promise, but forced feedback in a controller (i.e. it pulls against you) would be another innovation.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

I think motion controls can work in a limited number of genres and has its place for those games.

Every game should support traditional controls though; not doing so is a fool errand, and would cut out a majority of potential buyer (same with not including a physical media drive: See PSPGo).

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:

Yes. I like having options other than what I've been playing with for over a decade.

In fact, it's guaranteed that all consoles will have motion controls next gen.

Also, if you think Sony's main focus next gen should be graphics, then  you obviously want them to fail.

Why would I want Sony to fail? I don't think they would if Microsoft and Nintendo had worse graphics. PS3 & 360 have around the same graphics(I think PS3 has better though by a slim margin) so the "Core" could pick either one but if Sony had better graphics than both Microsoft and Nintendo they could be successful.

The main thing I want for next gen is for All 3 systems to be different from each other. PS3 and 360 were too similar IMO and have the same games.(Besides for a few, mostly done by 1st Party) I would want all 3 to have unique or special features to each other and have more exclusives.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Play4Fun said:

Yes. I like having options other than what I've been playing with for over a decade.

Also, if you think Sony's main focus next gen should be graphics, then  you obviously want them to fail.

Why would I want Sony to fail? I don't think they would if Microsoft and Nintendo had worse graphics. PS3 & 360 have around the same graphics(I think PS3 has better though by a slim margin) so the "Core" could pick either one but if Sony had better graphics than both Microsoft and Nintendo they could be successful.

The main thing I want for next gen is for All 3 systems to be different from each other. PS3 and 360 were too similar IMO and have the same games.(Besides for a few, mostly done by 1st Party) I would want all 3 to have unique or special features to each other and have more exclusives.

That's a great concept but I doubt it will happen - maybe apart from the first year or two. ( I am talking about consoles being different from each other).

Sony and MS will almost always go along with the "trend" and implement whatever is the "fad" as they did with Move and Kinect.

Without Nintendo wii motion sensing I seriously doubt Move or Kinect would exist today.

Nintendo could have easily jumped on the kinect type gaming bandwagon but so far I have heard nothing of this. They are the only ones that really try to be unique.

If the new type wii u controller is a massive hit you can bet your last dollar that Sony and MS will copy the idea with maybe MS trying to take it a bit further as they did with kinect. Which will bring all three systems back to being "the same".

OT: I don't see why motion and traditional controllers can't get along. The only "problem" is that if you don't like motion control but would like to play certain games that rely on it then you either have to give these games a miss or Move with the times...see what I did there.

*Sound Of Rain said:
Play4Fun said:

Well, for one thing, the most powerful console has never won its' generation.

Graphics isn't something to try to differentiate your console with, because unless you launch two years or so after the competition, it will not be a significant enough jump. I doubt Sony could feasibly launch  PS4 around the same time as the NextBox and  blow it away.

Heck, as we go on it's going to be harder for people to see graphics as having a big jump. It's mostly techies who look at tesselation, ray tracing and all that who will see it as a big jump. Most people don't care about such technicalities.

The reason PS360 share similar games isn't really because of similar power. it's more because the industry is multi-platform now. More than it was before. It's going to be the same thing next gen.

More power doesn't give you exclusives, first party and money-hatting does.

I think the real question is do you hink we will have a choice not to have motion control!

Japanese Pop Culture Otaku

No, I think the main focus should be on the traditional controller. Games supporting motion controls is fine but no need to waste developer time implementing them when that time could be used improving the game.