By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Do You Want Motion Control In Next Gen?*

Kinect will be and i think it will be EVEN more amazing!

I think sony is going to have a problem porting there move to next gen.... as its hardly even THIS gen!

Nintendo have ported their wii controls due to the massive lead the wii has carved out.

Around the Network

Meh. It should be around for fun party games but that's about it. I got the Sharpshooter for Killzone 3, Socom 4, Dead Space Extraction but it is fun for a Gimmic to show a buddy but they are difficult to just pick up and play at a level of using the traditional controller.

PSN: Saugeen-Uwo     Feel free to add me (put Vg Chartz as MSG)!

Nintendo Network ID: Saugeen-Uwo

Well, Nintendo do a good move supporting a tablet, a classic controller and Wiimotes. So check the box.
Ms for sure will have Kinect 2.0. Another box checked.
As for Sony, I really have no idea...

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think the motion technology should be improved because it still isn't at its best at all. Not even close. I wonder who will make this motion technology actually work well for most genres.

I think it would be really cool if the PS4 controller was like a larger Dual Shock 3 controller with L2 R2 removed and then added a multi-touch surface on the back that could simulate in-game surface textures (haptic touchpad), so you could really feel and interact with the game while having concurrent access to the traditional controls.

Around the Network
Play4Fun said:

Well, for one thing, the most powerful console has never won its' generation.

Graphics isn't something to try to differentiate your console with, because unless you launch two years or so after the competition, it will not be a significant enough jump. I doubt Sony could feasibly launch  PS4 around the same time as the NextBox and  blow it away.

Heck, as we go on it's going to be harder for people to see graphics as having a big jump. It's mostly techies who look at tesselation, ray tracing and all that who will see it as a big jump. Most people don't care about such technicalities.

The reason PS360 share similar games isn't really because of similar power. it's more because the industry is multi-platform now. More than it was before. It's going to be the same thing next gen.

More power doesn't give you exclusives, first party and money-hatting does.

@ Bolded: Well, we have never really seen a system be a lot more powerful than all of the others in 1 Gen...Saturn, 64, and PS1 were about the same power wise, So was Gamecube, PS2, and XBox. PS3 and 360 have more power than Wii but again PS3 and 360 are the same. While each Gen had a slightly more powerful system it was never by a lot. I don't think Microsoft will go for power and Wii U doesn't seem to focus on power...if Sony does they could have an advantage with the "Core" market.

@ Under-lined: Yeah but if all 3 systems were different from each other then developers would make more exclusive games due to the pros and cons of each system.

PS3, 360, and Wii are unique only because of their unique exclusives. For PS3 and 360 thats not too much. PS3 has Bluray, 360 has Kinect, and Wii has nothing feature wise thats unique.

If motion controls come with the console but with the controller also.........Im fine

*Sound Of Rain said:
Play4Fun said:

Well, for one thing, the most powerful console has never won its' generation.

Graphics isn't something to try to differentiate your console with, because unless you launch two years or so after the competition, it will not be a significant enough jump. I doubt Sony could feasibly launch  PS4 around the same time as the NextBox and  blow it away.

Heck, as we go on it's going to be harder for people to see graphics as having a big jump. It's mostly techies who look at tesselation, ray tracing and all that who will see it as a big jump. Most people don't care about such technicalities.

The reason PS360 share similar games isn't really because of similar power. it's more because the industry is multi-platform now. More than it was before. It's going to be the same thing next gen.

More power doesn't give you exclusives, first party and money-hatting does.

1. @ Bolded: Well, we have never really seen a system be a lot more powerful than all of the others in 1 Gen...Saturn, 64, and PS1 were about the same power wise, So was Gamecube, PS2, and XBox. PS3 and 360 have more power than Wii but again PS3 and 360 are the same. While each Gen had a slightly more powerful system it was never by a lot. I don't think Microsoft will go for power and Wii U doesn't seem to focus on power...if Sony does they could have an advantage with the "Core" market.

2. @ Under-lined: Yeah but if all 3 systems were different from each other then developers would make more exclusive games due to the pros and cons of each system.

3. PS3, 360, and Wii are unique only because of their unique exclusives. For PS3 and 360 thats not too much. PS3 has Bluray, 360 has Kinect, and Wii has nothing feature wise thats unique.

1.  Like I said, you can't make a significant jump if you launch at the same time or a few months after the competition. If you wait for a good while after your competitors have come on the market so you an out-power them greatly, then you would still be at a disadvantage because by then the others would have a large install base  already, your system would be more expensive than theirs and devs would be more likely to build games on them then up-port to your console.

The XBox was capable of MUCH more than PS2 was but that still didn't do it much good. PS2 had already dominated with its' large install base.

2. Devs aren't going to make exclusives just because of that. They'll either do it because:

. You are dominating (like PS2).

. Or you pay them for exclusives.

It doesn't matter if your console is more powerful than the others. Game engines are very scalable so devs would still port across all systems anyways so they can make make more money. 

3. PS3 also offers free online. Even if it isn't as good as Live, it's still an advantage.

Wii had motion controls, but then the others jumped in too .

Play4Fun said:

1.  Like I said, you can't make a significant jump if you launch at the same time or a few months after the competition. If you wait for a good while after your competitors have come on the market so you an out-power them greatly, then you would still be at a disadvantage because by then the others would have a large install base  already, your system would be more expensive than theirs and devs would be more likely to build games on them then up-port to your console.

The XBox was capable of MUCH more than PS2 was but that still didn't do it much good. PS2 had already dominated with its' large install base.

2. Devs aren't going to make exclusives just because of that. They'll either do it because:

. You are dominating (like PS2).

. Or you pay them for exclusives.

It doesn't matter if your console is more powerful than the others. Game engines are very scalable so devs would still port across all systems anyways so they can make make more money. 

3. PS3 also offers free online. Even if it isn't as good as Live, it's still an advantage.

Wii had motion controls, but then the others jumped in too .

Why can't you have a much more powerful system from the start if you launch at the same time? PS3 launched at the same time as Wii and 360 did a year before...yet they are more powerful. Like I said, I don't think Microsoft will focus on power and Nintendo isn't so the door will be open for Sony.

I never said that more power gets you exclusives...I said different systems do. Developers won't want to port a game or make a game for 2 different systems if they have different graphic ability and different control methods.

no i would quit gaming

i wouldnt mind a extra button on current PS360 controllers

Play Me