By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - *Do You Want Motion Control In Next Gen?*

We all know that Motion controls were a big part of this Gen. With the Wii relesing in 2006 and Move/Kinect coming late last year. Do you like Motion controls enough to have them be a big part in next Gen too?

With the Wii U, it seems that Nintendo is going to still being using Motion control though it will no longer be the main focus. The new touch screen will be the big focus but that also has Motion control...but what about Sony & Microsoft? Should Kinect make a return with Microsofts next system?

Anyway, IMO Motion control should be used in Next Gen but shouldn't be the main focus again.  As stated above while the Wii U doesn't focus on Motion control I still think it will not only be there but a big part of Wii U. We don't know too much about Wii U or what Nintendo plans to do with it but from what I have seen the Wii U uses Motion controls a little too much. I think it should be like the 3DS, it has a Touch screen and duel screens(Motion control) but its not the key part because the 3D is.

As for Sony & Microsoft, I don't think Move or Kinect should be a part of next Gen.(Like you can still use the Wii Remote with Wii U) Sony needs to find a new thing to focus on for next Gen. Even the graphics could be the focus if it is way better than Wii U and XBox 3 graphics. I think Microsoft should either innovate and make something unique to games or improve full body motion control.(Though I prefer the 1st choice)

Do you want Motion Control in Next Gen?

Around the Network

Yes. I like having options other than what I've been playing with for over a decade.

In fact, it's guaranteed that all consoles will have motion controls next gen.

Also, if you think Sony's main focus next gen should be graphics, then  you obviously want them to fail.

Personally, nah. But it should be an option...

wait wait... grphics can be hugely improved.... and the dev cost is false excuse..... if it's done correctly with a smart release plan making good use of technology like cloud and multiple DLC or expension pack release.... devs can do more stuff on a longer tiem schedule and come out making good money with a AAA quality developement cycles.....

now motion should and will be there next gen the thing is, we need to improve the tech of all 3 consoles.... make it more than a gimmick which it is to some extend on all three with pros and cons..... but make it more than just something that people see as gaming tool but as a normal way to use a electronic device in general.... meaning that voice motion control and heck even 3D should be stretch to a daily life use for anything to witch it can apply..... it won't happen next gen but gaming multimedia machine can be the way to go for making the tech an habit in the daily routine of any person....

I'm tired of seeing those high tech prototype kitchen appliences never come to life in my actual kitchen.... we have tech that can improve our daily life why not use it... kinect sensor should be in every corner of every room of my house in less than 20 years linked to a central computer which handle every electronic aspect of the house that's what I want.... so yeah next gen should have all that stuff and more,

Yes of course, not everywere but where they could add something to the experience.

Around the Network

As an option not as a focus.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Missing poll option.

Yes.

I really like motion. I think all three should have full controller capabilities so every game can utilize what is best for it.

Yes. I haven't played with the move, but I do enjoy the kinect and wii. I hope they even make their way to pc's. I know some controllers are in the work for the pc but i do not know how well they will be supported.

Only optional they are pointless and forced in most traditional genres.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

No

It's not as good as a controller.

Motion control for long gaming session is boring imho. That was a good move from nintendo and wii sports, but I now take it as an accessory like in Guitar Hero / Rock Band : Nice for the actual game, awkward for the rest.
Apart Metroid Trilogy, Red Steel 2, and ofc Wii sports, hardly any game has made a good use of the Wiimote in my opinion.