By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Why do we exist,GOD or BIG BANG theory?

Who created everything?

GOD 184 41.82%

BIG BANG 251 57.05%

Total:435
Chrizum said:

It's obviously not a god, but who cares what caused our existence? Would it change anything?

it would show us our future

after death GOD's theory will send us into heaven or hell

BIG BANG theory will have no future for us

Around the Network
snakenobi said:
Chrizum said:

It's obviously not a god, but who cares what caused our existence? Would it change anything?

it would show us our future

after death GOD's theory will send us into heaven or hell

BIG BANG theory will have no future for us

Like I said, it's obviously not a god that created life, and the notion of heaven and hell is ridiculous.

For all I know both can be right, God(s/ess/es) made the Big Bang happen. Or it/they are the universe itself.

If you ask most people, they will say that nothing could have created God because it is eternal. So creation applies to everything but it.

Or we could be a simulation... Think of Sims. Or it could be just that science hasn't explained everything yet (and perhaps shall never do).

There is no god, its just a way of thinking for weak minded people who cant face reality.

No God described in any Earthly religion anyway, that's for sure - because every God so described (and there's a lot of them) clearly knew nothing about the Universe at all.

I'd also point out it's important to separate the notion of a Creator from a God. If you read Richard Dawkins, for example, you'll see despite being an ardent atheist he has no issue with the concept of an as yet unknown Creator; his beef is with clearly false and incorrect religions, their Gods and the notion of an afterlife.

So is there a Creator? Could be. Who knows, although in that direction we immediately hit the notion of who created the creator?

Was there a Big Bang of some form? Sure seems like it. All the observable evidence points to a Universe (or multiple Universes in some theories) with a definite start point.

So I'll vote Big Bang as by God I presume you mean God as defined in current religions and not a Creator unknown with no supernatural elements.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Around the Network

big bang i guess.

I don't know, it could be both. I just don't understand how someone could dismiss the mere possibility of a god when out very existence is chance. How could a person be certain of what was and wasn't formed at the start of the universe? That just makes no sense; anything could have happened during the Big Bang.

Now if there is a god, I doubt it exists in the way that religion portrays it, but to down right shun the possibility of a higher power is ridiculous considering all the energy and instability of the beginning of time. Literally anything could have been formed.

Reasonable said:
No God described in any Earthly religion anyway, that's for sure - because every God so described (and there's a lot of them) clearly knew nothing about the Universe at all.

I'd also point out it's important to separate the notion of a Creator from a God. If you read Richard Dawkins, for example, you'll see despite being an ardent atheist he has no issue with the concept of an as yet unknown Creator; his beef is with clearly false and incorrect religions, their Gods and the notion of an afterlife.

So is there a Creator? Could be. Who knows, although in that direction we immediately hit the notion of who created the creator?

Was there a Big Bang of some form? Sure seems like it. All the observable evidence points to a Universe (or multiple Universes in some theories) with a definite start point.

So I'll vote Big Bang as by God I presume you mean God as defined in current religions and not a Creator unknown with no supernatural elements.

You always have the perfect posts.

I agree there is no god as portrayed in religion, but we can not know for sure what's exactly in the universe.

God probably did the big bang.

It really depends on what your definition of the word "GOD" is. Some people out there think that God was the Big Bang giving birth to everything we see, smell, and feel.

Others suggest that God made the Big Bang meaning that God is a everlasting being that was never born and can never be Destroyed.

I personally don't think we can ever answer or figure this question out due to the fact that we really cant ever understand the true definition of the word"God" But if i had to choose an answer i would say that God created the Big Bang. :)