By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who thinks VGCHARTZ is stretching itself thin?

I prefer the new site.

It's MUCH better than the older ones. The hot topics are better and bigger, gamrFeed is now more about original articles rather than copy & paste articles (hence why there's a column for N4G in the main page for the latest news), and the new gamrConnect is a lot better now (with badges and points). Sure there are some features missing from the older sites, but most of those features are coming back.

Around the Network

It does seem quiter, yes, but as I recall, they wanted to cut out a lot of the crap and get to the good stuff.

Is it confusing? Yes.
Is it more confusing than before? Slightly.
Is it better than 1.0? Definitely.

So it all balances out. (And this thread after all the effort me and Darth put into to make our talk and debate show :/ )

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

i like the new design but the forums are getting boring.

It all went downhill after the change from s to z.

I like the design but the forums are a tad hard to navigate now with the checkbox filters.

Around the Network
Griffin said:

The older sites were much better. No offense to ioi, but this entire site is a mess. It seems like they picked a bunch of features from other sites and just kinda tossed them all together. One example, look at the page long avatars, with about another half page of junk below them. The sigs are also another problem, i have them disabled(thank god) but they were getting ungodly large and annoying. The around the network in the middle of forum threads is also rather bothersome.

The site is also rather difficult to navigate unless you spend all day searching for what you want.

I'm no web disigner but i think features the site has should be simple and to the point.  If users are unable to find what they want within a few minutes you will lose them.

No offense to [insert name of person or organisation] but [insert offensive comment]. Face it, you are trying to cause offence.

The 'page long avatars' problem has been noted by VGChartz staff, and they have said that they will be truncating that section for posts that are shoter than the section. Commenting on a problem that is currently being addressed in such a manner is designed to do nothing but cause offense. And before you say that you were unaware that this was the case, I would have to question why someone who has complaints and suggestions about the new layout didn't read the thread asking for complaints and suggestions about VGChartz.

I can't comment on sigs, because I have had them turned off since the day I signed up. I would expect that long sigs is the fault of the person who created the sig, as opposed to a site problem.

This site is quite simply much simpler to navigate than it was, and even before it wasn't particularly challenging. You are the first person that has complained about this afaik, so I would suggest that the problem is with you, and not with the website itself.

You needn't point out that you are not a web designer, we could probably have worked it out for ourselves... No offense ;)

Edit: On topic. The VGChartz technical team and the VGChartz writing team shares very few members in common, there is no reason why a change of gui would lead to a decrese in productivity of a bunch of authors. I suspect either;

You want it to be true that the new site is worse than the old one, so your memory is playing tricks on you, painting the old days in a positive light and the new days in a negative one

or

There was a decrease in articles recently, due to some exterior event(s). I don't know, maybe the fact that we are in the big lull of news that always follows E3.

scottie said:
Griffin said:

The older sites were much better. No offense to ioi, but this entire site is a mess. It seems like they picked a bunch of features from other sites and just kinda tossed them all together. One example, look at the page long avatars, with about another half page of junk below them. The sigs are also another problem, i have them disabled(thank god) but they were getting ungodly large and annoying. The around the network in the middle of forum threads is also rather bothersome.

The site is also rather difficult to navigate unless you spend all day searching for what you want.

I'm no web disigner but i think features the site has should be simple and to the point.  If users are unable to find what they want within a few minutes you will lose them.

The 'page long avatars' problem has been noted by VGChartz staff, and they have said that they will be truncating that section for posts that are shoter than the section. Commenting on a problem that is currently being addressed in such a manner is designed to do nothing but cause offense. And before you say that you were unaware that this was the case, I would have to question why someone who has complaints and suggestions about the new layout didn't read the thread asking for complaints and suggestions about VGChartz.

I can't comment on sigs, because I have had them turned off since the day I signed up. I would expect that long sigs is the fault of the person who created the sig, as opposed to a site problem.

This site is quite simply much simpler to navigate than it was, and even before it wasn't particularly challenging. You are the first person that has complained about this afaik, so I would suggest that the problem is with you, and not with the website itself.

You needn't point out that you are not a web designer, we could probably have worked it out for ourselves... No offense ;)

The reason you don't see more posts is no doubt due to the 20 flash ads or speaking ads, annoying banners, large ads on the side which take you to different pages if you press on them even with the scroll wheel.  The site runs very slow most of the day, the site runs even slower in IE to near crashing at times.  Trying to scroll pages they travel ungodly slow at times.  And many people have complained over the years about features and problems with the site and they are just ignored or made fools of in threads before they get banned by one of the mods on a power trip.  Atleast the mod situation is better now then it was in the past.

Griffin said:
scottie said:
Griffin said:

The reason you don't see more posts is no doubt due to the 20 flash ads or speaking ads, annoying banners, large ads on the side which take you to different pages if you press on them even with the scroll wheel.  The site runs very slow most of the day, the site runs even slower in IE to near crashing at times.  Trying to scroll pages they travel ungodly slow at times.  And many people have complained over the years about features and problems with the site and they are just ignored or made fools of in threads before they get banned by one of the mods on a power trip.  Atleast the mod situation is better now then it was in the past.

1) I don't get any speaking ads, it depends on what country you live in

2) You use IE and complain about websites being slow? Lol! L2Chrome

Content i think is better, and gamrconnect2.0 fixed a few of the 1.0 problems (notifications are still a little buggy, and i liked the 1.0 system that told you roughly the instant you had a wall post or PM)

I have no idea what you people mean by "page long avatars." Someone care to fill me in?

My only gripe is with editorials. I believe VGChartz should, to put it delicately, have stronger vetting for editorials to be publishable

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

meh ......i finally got used to it