By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Who thinks VGCHARTZ is stretching itself thin?

The biggest reason is that it is summer and there is a lot less news I think the two previous summers I was here it died down for sure.

Around the Network

The older sites were much better. No offense to ioi, but this entire site is a mess. It seems like they picked a bunch of features from other sites and just kinda tossed them all together. One example, look at the page long avatars, with about another half page of junk below them. The sigs are also another problem, i have them disabled(thank god) but they were getting ungodly large and annoying. The around the network in the middle of forum threads is also rather bothersome.

The site is also rather difficult to navigate unless you spend all day searching for what you want.

I'm no web disigner but i think features the site has should be simple and to the point.  If users are unable to find what they want within a few minutes you will lose them.

I love the new site, if your not seeing a lot of new info its prob because things are just slow.

It is summer after all, it's the dry season of gaming.

blkfish92 said:
It is summer after all, it's the dry season of gaming.

pretty much this, and for the news; there are also N4G news tracked - for rumors and whatever. actually important Information can still by found directly at VGchartz.

i disliked the newest version at first, but now that i am used to it - i luv vgc again :D

I'm a Foreigner, and as such, i am grateful for everyone pointing out any mistakes in my english posted above - only this way i'll be able to improve. thank you!

Around the Network

I can explain the news slow-down:

We have toned down the "fluff" articles such as "here's a press release", "hey check out this trailer"  and "watch this funny video" in favor of the bigger articles like stuff we can get responses for and editorials and features, it should balance out after summer.

I like the new site, but the forums do seem to have died down a bit, I rarely seem to find interesting things here like I used to

I think the news section is terrible and way too late. I look at n4g for my gaming news, not this site. The news section in this site also seems to copy it's news directly from n4g but a day late.

Waiting for the Weekly chart? Waiting for the Monthly chart that were the good days =p.

I don't think its too stretched out but I do think the new site could use some streamlining.

But overall I love the new site now that I'm used to it