By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Namco lies about why Tales of Graces isn't coming to the Wii in the West

Soriku said:
trestres said:

@Soriku: Why has all your optimism about all these games making it here faded away so suddenly? You've argued with anyone who believed that neither Xenoblade, The Last Story nor ToG were ever gonna make it here, even argued with me that Zangeki had chances to get localized. I guess you will be more cautious next time, as the signs about them not coming were alarmingly obvious,

Xenoblade, TLS, and ToG are making it out to the West. In Xenoblade and TLS's case, maybe not the US unless OP Rainfall pulls through but otherwise they're making it out outside of Japan. I'm pretty sure you expected them to not make it out of Japan, period.

Carl2291 said:
Would have been easier to just say - "We don't want to make Wii games"

Probably would have got less abuse too. Seriously. If Nintendo don't even want to offer the Wii meaningful support, then why should 3rd parties take the risks?

If you want JRPGs (Or RPGs in general), go buy a PS3 and/or a 360.

Because third parties aren't supposed to follow the example of first parties; they're wholly independent. And at least NoE is actually delivering. It's not like ToG Wii is coming to Europe. I think i'll just change the thread title to the West.

You always argued that they will be coming to the Wii, yet you won't be able to play them unless you hack your Wii and/or buy a PS3. Now don't change what you said please.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
SmokedHostage said:

Doesn't having your game on dual layered discs or multiple discs cost more in a licensing fee?

This is bullshit to be sure but I kinda see what they're going saying.

more than a signel layer disc?  probabaly

more than a blu-ray?  probably not

i'd guess if anything it is that publisher's cut of the ps3's $60 games is greater than the wii's $50 games.  if they believe there is a good overlap on the wii/ps3 ownership maybe they think they won't loose enough sales to wii only owners to outweight getting all multi console owners to buy the more expensive version.

Easy to see why, ps3 version is the best version theres no point in wasting time or money with the Wii version.

are they adding voice overs for every language spoken in the PAL market ? lol.

kitler53 said:
SmokedHostage said:

Doesn't having your game on dual layered discs or multiple discs cost more in a licensing fee?

This is bullshit to be sure but I kinda see what they're going saying.

more than a signel layer disc?  probabaly

more than a blu-ray?  probably not

i'd guess if anything it is that publisher's cut of the ps3's $60 games is greater than the wii's $50 games.  if they believe there is a good overlap on the wii/ps3 ownership maybe they think they won't loose enough sales to wii only owners to outweight getting all multi console owners to buy the more expensive version.

this makes sense

i still dont know y some people had it in their heads that this would be on Wii, especially F version. Still messed up they wont even give Wii only owners the option to just get the original one, especially cause its region locked

Around the Network
Carl2291 said:
Would have been easier to just say - "We don't want to make Wii games"

Probably would have got less abuse too. Seriously. If Nintendo don't even want to offer the Wii meaningful support, then why should 3rd parties take the risks?

If you want JRPGs (Or RPGs in general), go buy a PS3 and/or a 360.

First of all, that is a bullshit notion, that hasn't worked in ANY console war.

Second of all, you're still wrong. The DS and PSP are the RPG systems for this gen.

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

If that's the best excuse they could find, it explains how they get in the position they are now.

Lame, Namco, next time try something like "there is not enough demand" or "we don't want to confuse our customers to think that both versions, PS3 and Wii, are the same when that's not the case", but please, please, don't take us for fools. We are not.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

I thought this too, somebody had already said it is possible to fit Graces F on a Wii disc, it could just be a mistake on their behalf though, something they weren't meant to say.

Anyway, I don't blame them for not bringing it out on the Wii, especially after NoA's recent decisions. I doubt it would be that successful on the Wii in the West and most JRPG fans probably own a PS3 already, why would they settle for an inferior version.

Still, it's a similar situation with Tales of Vesperia on PS3, they only need to port the extra content or record some more voice acting and they are done. While the demand for ToG on Wii isn't as high as ToV on PS3, they only need to port the extra content and they are done.

Anyway, it seems like a great game and I am thankful it's coming to the West at all.

Galaki said:
Mad55 said:
Also regardless if their lying or not why should they have to tell us every detail about why one of their products isn't released? we are customers not business partners i don't really get why fans seemed entitled to so much info about something like that, you never know there could be truth in what he said, and he just didn't feel the need to go to deep with it considering its their business.

If they have nothing better to say, don't say anything.

That, is their problem.

u know thats  not how it would have gone down, if they said nothig, people will make their own assumptions n demand answers, if they speak truth, they look like douches, they cant win either way

Not directing this to anyone in particular, but if you want it so bad you can:

1) Buy a PS3 and the game
2) Play the fan translation on a modded Wii

Otherwise you don't want it bad enough and can STFU now.