By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Could Canceling our Pre-orders for Skyward Sword Obtain Nintendo's Attention?

Tagged games:

Would it work?

If enough people do it 27 30.00%

Not at all 46 51.11%

We should do nothing but hope 1 1.11%

We should do nothing and cry 4 4.44%

We should cancel our pre-... 2 2.22%

We should cancel our pre-... 0 0%

It's not a big deal 10 11.11%

Total:90
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
oniyide said:
Mr Khan said:
It's rather a bit of a quandary. If the people really pissed off about Op Rainfall just declare that if Nintendo doesn't localize, they'll lose customers, Nintendo has even less incentive to pay attention to these people, who are small in number and are imminently becoming non-customers in the first place

Really, the method Op Rainfall's been trying is the best way. No rage, no threats, just a show of support for the games

But what they have been doing hasnt been working, you dont do the same thing over again when it fails, thats insanity, you try somehting new

OT, i voted for the first thing but in reality i know that people will cry and hope, thats what they've been doing forever,Zelda is too popular, no one has the stones to boycott that, 

Hasn't been working when we've run with it for, what, a week?

Geez, if Ghandi had given up that quick, William and Kate would currently be in India with a bunch of Indians kowtowing to them...

it hasn't been working because they said no, doing the same thing would make them say yes??? but by all means do what u think works

I'm saying we need to take more time to see if it does work. We're talking short amounts of time here

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

Around the Network

I don't see it.

It's a great looking game, who'd cancel their pre-order? And, if Nintendo sees pre-orders low for THE wii game of the year, they'd see it as a shrinking fanbase, bring out fewer games and rush out Wii U. No-one wants that to happen...

If they aren't coming, as sad as it is, they aren't coming. If what we've done so far hasn't impacted their decision. So don't sabotage this great game, please.

Here lies the dearly departed Nintendomination Thread.

It would be an even less effective statement than an online petition to have those games ported to the West.

For starters, while Nintendo is not one to turn down licensing fees from other publisher's software, given the sheer number of mediocre to poor titles that were published in the West, they still benefit more from sales of their own internally developed first party titles. This is not to say that any of those titles are even direct competition to Zelda SS, which would sell well regardless of whatever else was being released for the Wii during the same time frame.

Secondly, people WANT to play Skyward Sword. You won't find a significant number of players who would deliberately rob themselves of that experience in some sort of misguided attempt to "teach Nintendo a lesson."

Just buy the game used, you still get to play it and Nintendo doesn't get your money, everyone wins except for Nintendo.

Bet with Conegamer and AussieGecko that the PS3 will have more exclusives in 2011 than the Wii or 360... or something.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=3879752

I doubt there would be enough pre-order cancels for Nintendo to get the message, and even if they did, they'd be too stubborn to give in.

Around the Network

no, just no. Zelda is a far different beast; I doubt most of the people who have reserved it even know what Xenoblade and TLS even are.

Play4Fun said:
Chibi.V.29 said:
Play4Fun said:
LOL. have you seen the hype for SS?

No one is going to cancel pre-orders. That is a day one game!

I belive he was speaking hypothetically -_-

I don't.

Some people on forums around the net seem ready to sacrifice animals to Nintendo if it means they would get games localised.

Don't give them ideas!

“It appeared that there had even been demonstrations to thank Big Brother for raising the chocolate ration to twenty grams a week. And only yesterday, he reflected, it had been announced that the ration was to be reduced to twenty grams a week. Was it possible that they could swallow that, after only twenty-four hours? Yes, they swallowed it.”

- George Orwell, ‘1984’

I haven't pre-order Skyward Sword yet,but, will when I know when it releases.

I don't think it will do anything if people started to cancel their pre-orders.
Nintendo just have to stop being hard-headed and give their fans what they ask for.

Last story and Pandora tower is coming to Europe so I wont be canceling SS ,heck i won't cancel it anyway,

Buying in 2015: Captain toad: treasure tracker,

mario maker

new 3ds

yoshi woolly world

zelda U

majora's mask 3d